Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodunits from Moodscaper [auv3] // Available Now!!!

Comments

• edited September 2020

@moodscaper said:
    @Charlesalbert - still "in review" allegedly. But... My suspicion is that it's not going to move until 14.2 is out. More than a little frustrating - sorry about that. On the upside, means I've had time to do another set of instruments using the rig pic above plus pretty much all my other Strymon pedals... :smile:

Seriously! They can hold an app in review for multiple iOS updates? Did they give a reason? What type of timetable is there for 2 more iOS updates? That could be several months, correct?
    This is not directed at you at all, but Apple, and my impatience for the update.

Anyways still love the app, it’s exciting you added even more sounds.

• I can't seem to find where the IAPs live in Waverley... Help! Or are they still not out?

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I can't seem to find where the IAPs live in Waverley... Help! Or are they still not out?

Still not out even though it shows up in the App Store as an available IAP. Developer said could be until iOS 14.2 because of some hold up in Apple review process. So... yea....

• @moodscaper,
    Is there any plan to include a full ADSR? I was using Waverley for a simple synth bass tone and needed to reduce the sustain level, then found I couldn't so I had to swap it out for something else. I know the focus is simplicity, but the envelope shaping thing seems quite limiting.

Also last I looked, the IAPs weren't there, how's that coming along?

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:
    I will say though, that I can't agree with your view. If someone is producing free content that you find useful and enjoy, it is honestly the least you can do to view it on the platform they produced it for. I noticed for example that Jakob seems not to post his full vids on Facebook now. He puts a trailer instead and people are then directed to YouTube if they want to watch the full video. He is completely right to do so, in my view.

+1 ... thanks for all your indepth videos. Your AddStation one helped me towards a purchase decision. I agree it's entirely reasonable to ask for a little something, like a Youtube view, in return for offering high quality content for free, and am happy to click through to your Youtube channel, and I will continue to do so and encourage others to do the same.

• Cheers @craftycurate it's something that some people don't get at first, but I think any reasonable person who thinks it through sees that it is more than fair and that there are even some advantages. Thanks again.

• edited October 2020

@SimonSomeone said:
    Is there any plan to include a full ADSR?

I'd do it if I could, but it proved difficult. I might try and revisit this at some point. Sorry about that. Ironically, all the synths I sampled don't have full ADSR, but I hear ya and it's something I'd like to get working for sure :wink: A half-way house approach would be to essentially turn off the sustain, like your classic Moog modular / M32.

@SimonSomeone said:

Short answer... I have absolutely zero clue :neutral:

Longer answer... rant alert...

This release has been "in review" for over a week now. I've tried to chase it up, only to be told that that my case has been "escalated to the appropriate internal team for a closer look at the review of your app" and I've heard nothing since. Also the support website where you used to monitor the status of cases has changed and / or been merged with a generic support site that also includes hardware. So I guess I'm in a queue along with a whole load of people wanting updates on the repair of their iPhone cracked screen... When you go on this site, all I can find is the case number and the date it was submitted - nothing else. No history, no description, nothing, basically.

In summary, let's just say today was not a good day to get an email asking me "Overall, how satisfied were you with your recent Apple Support experience?" :smiley:

• @moodscaper said:

@SimonSomeone said:
    Is there any plan to include a full ADSR?

I'd do it if I could, but it proved difficult. I might try and revisit this at some point. Sorry about that. Ironically, all the synths I sampled don't have full ADSR, but I hear ya and it's something I'd like to get working for sure :wink: A half-way house approach would be to essentially turn off the sustain, like your classic Moog modular / M32.

@SimonSomeone said:

Short answer... I have absolutely zero clue :neutral:

Longer answer... rant alert...

This release has been "in review" for over a week now. I've tried to chase it up, only to be told that that my case has been "escalated to the appropriate internal team for a closer look at the review of your app" and I've heard nothing since. Also the support website where you used to monitor the status of cases has changed and / or been merged with a generic support site that also includes hardware. So I guess I'm in a queue along with a whole load of people wanting updates on the repair of their iPhone cracked screen... When you go on this site, all I can find is the case number and the date it was submitted - nothing else. No history, no description, nothing, basically.

In summary, let's just say today was not a good day to get an email asking me "Overall, how satisfied were you with your recent Apple Support experience?" :smiley:

Been there done that, you have my sympathies Rob. I had a terrible experience with Apple Developer support when my test flight stopped working. Took over a month to get fixed, and I'm still not even sure whether they fixed it or it just fixed itself....

• For attack you could use attack Attack Softener, but that’s just attack.

• edited October 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    For attack you could use attack Attack Softener, but that’s just attack.

You actually can control the attack and release of the amp envelope, and attack and decay of the filter envelope independently, but there's no control over the decay and sustain of the amp envelope, which I think is what @SimonSomeone was after.

As a tip for anyone else interested, sometimes I can kinda get close to what I'm after by using a fast decay on the filter envelope that's faster than the amp envelope. Can help make sounds "pop" a bit more.

In other news, looks like 1.3.1 made it off the blocks just now! :smiley:

• Update is out!

• Hey guys, please let me know what you think of the new sounds (only if you decide to buy them of course, ahem...)

Also, any feedback on the "MU Store" much appreciated as it's my first go at IAPs. It'll get better over time hopefully.

• @moodscaper All good, thanks for the info!

• Really nice set of sounds, I am especially taking a liking to the Ampsynth set and the High Strings=High Satisfaction. Thank you for these!

• @moodscaper thanks for the update.

Will buy the iap tonight and I’ll let you know👍

• Yay!
    Finally!
    Congrats Rob!

• @moodscaper Took me a while to find the new instruments there for a minute Rob expected them each to be a separate AU outside of Waverley. All good now can see them and the new effects listed I got the full set cheers.

• edited October 2020

No luck downloading. Trying 4th time😂

• Ok. All downloaded except from strings. Every time it loads until the end it results in error installing. I try to delete app and reinstall all.

• edited October 2020

Hi @Charlesalbert - thanks for the heads-up, and really sorry you're having problems. I'm seeing issues, some of which seem to be App Store related, but then the app gets in a confused state. One thing's for sure though, you won't be charged twice or whatever, and once things are ironed-out, you should be able to download everything OK. I'm trying to see if I can tighten things up at my end... This was something I had all sorts of "fun" with on iOS 13 vs. 14. What release are you on please?

Seems to be a bit hit and miss. On one device, worked fine without a hitch. On another, I'm seeing similar issues to you, albeit with a different set of sounds. :neutral:

Shut-down / power-cycle seemed to clear the issue with the problem library for me without having to re-download everything again.

Totally accept this is not OK, but I think there still might be issues with downloads and caches. Basically, the StoreKit API gives me a location to a cache where the downloaded files should be. Some of these errors suggest the files aren't actually there. I'd seen this in test but figured their sandbox environment was probably flaking out. I'll see if there's something I can do, but in the meantime, a power cycle might be the workaround. Once you've got the download and the library is set to "purchased", you should be fine.

I'm seeing these glitches on iOS 14 at the moment...

• i just downloaded sinusoidal on the latest ios with no problems.

• It would be wonderful to be able to preview the new instruments?

And I'll say again how AWESOME it would be to be able to automate the filter in STEREO SQUARES or any number of the really really excellent presets in MU Waverly.....

• @moodscaper no problem at all don’t worry. The new sounds are amazing.
    I will try later the procedure you described for strings.
    Damn apple lately😩

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All IAP bought. Good price, good sounds.

• Updated, downloaded the mobass pack, but the new presets still don't show up. I don't see any sign of IAPs within the app. On the app store mobass is showing as purchased. Restarted iPad to no effect. I'm in New Zealand, maybe the update hasn't reached the bottom of the southern hemisphere yet??? despite the description in the app store relating to the IAP version? Is that even possible? Perhaps/perhaps not.... Not crucial, I'm sure it will resolve in time...

• Unfortunately there are 2 currencies at play here. A very good price but a lot of disk space. Weighing up whether it is worth it. Thinking of what Bassalicious and Pure synth offer its hard to understand the file size of Moodunits. Can anyone explain this?

• @Ailerom said:
    Thinking of what Bassalicious and Pure synth offer its hard to understand the file size of Moodunits. Can anyone explain this?

The first two are synthesisers, and MU Waverley is sample-based, aka rompler. All those samples take up space I'm afraid, so yes, as you say there's a trade-off there, along with various other pros and cons. Ironically, in the early days of sampling on the desktop, the size of the library was considered an indicator of how good it was, i.e. more samples = more realistic or whatever :smile:

@SimonSomeone - that's very strange, although I've seen some weird stuff on the App Store where it shows as "purchased" although technically, it's a free IAP. So you don't have an MU Store button when you launch the moodunits app? The version with the IAPs / MU Store is 1.3.1 (1) - this is displayed on the main screen. It might simply be a case that the update is rolling out gradually. Took a couple of hours before it was available in the UK after it was available in the US I think.

• @Owgill said:
    As an aside, should we expect more excellent low cpu usage effects from you?

Many thanks! Possibly... There are lots of effects apps as I'm sure you know, so I'm not confident I'm able to compete in that area. With sampling, it's much easier to do your own thing and hopefully provide something quite unique or that would be quite complicated to reproduce from scratch.

I would quite like to do a nice, easy to use compressor though - that's one of the basic utility processors that's missing from moodunits right now I think. Don't expect meticulously modelled tape delays or tube gear from me anytime soon though! :smiley: