Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodunits from Moodscaper [auv3] // Available Now!!!

Comments

• 2 New AU effects Added in update, a peak limiter and a distortion, that makes a total of 7 apps in Mood Units. 1 AU instrument and 6 AU FX. With more to come.

• Rob demos the new toys.. that distortion is gorgeous!

• edited August 2020

@royor said:
    Rob demos the new toys.. that distortion is gorgeous!

The distortion is Lovely. It can be super subtle and really add some Richness to the sound

• While playing around with the new update earlier, I thought I’d take the time to post a very short 5 min video playing through the distortion presets. This has its own thread but I am reposting here too:
    A brief play through the new (free) distortion module update for Mood Units

• @Gavinski Why are we not allowed to watch the video here on Audiobus? Only for the clicks???

• edited August 2020

I can watch it here, no problem, but maybe it is because I am using chrome. But yes, I put a lot of work into my channel and I would like people to watch them on youtube rather than their browser. I post my videos on Facebook, but that platform does not encourage people to go to youtube to view, so I disabled embedding for this video. Feel free not to watch if that offends your sensibilities to take the one second it takes to click through from here to youtube Pierre, 😂

• @Gavinski said:
    I can watch it here, no problem, but maybe it is because I am using chrome. But yes, I put a lot of work into my channel and I would like people to watch them on youtube rather than their browser. I post my videos on Facebook, but that platform does not encourage people to go to youtube to view, so I disabled embedding for this video. Feel free not to watch if that offends your sensibilities to take the one second it takes to click through from here to youtube Pierre, 😂

In that case I will follow your advice....I feel free not to watch your videos anymore. I hate clickbait.

• No problem brother, follow your principles, and good luck.

• One way or another you have to click on something to play a video so I don’t see the problem here. Clickbait to me is using a controversial title to increase clicks.

Aka
    President Trump loves this app but he doesn’t like how his cheetoh dust stays on the screen

• edited August 2020

I will say though, that I can't agree with your view. If someone is producing free content that you find useful and enjoy, it is honestly the least you can do to view it on the platform they produced it for. I noticed for example that Jakob seems not to post his full vids on Facebook now. He puts a trailer instead and people are then directed to YouTube if they want to watch the full video. He is completely right to do so, in my view.

• Yep, it’s a work around for people who make vids. Nothing malicious about it

• @iOSTRAKON glad you agree.

• edited August 2020

I’ve noticed that when I post vids here and Discchord has posted my vids the view count gets screwed up. One day it’ll show 120 views and the next it drop to 43. So those of us that are trying to promote something, you have to adapt. Not trying to make things difficult for the viewers, just trying to right a wrong in a way.

• Yeah, it is frankly an extremely minor inconvenience for people to click through to YouTube from here compared to all the work that ppl put into making their vids, really nothing to complain about

• For what it is worth, I almost always click through to youtube when I watch vids posted here, and always give them a like if I find them useful.

• @Gavinski said:
    For what it is worth, I almost always click through to youtube when I watch vids posted here, and always give them a like if I find them useful.

I’ve learned this etiquette from this forum, I never realised that embedded videos didn’t count for the creators, pretty much always click through now, definitely if I’m going to watch the whole thing...

• @iOSTRAKON said:

Yes been waiting for some new sounds.

• Any idea on when the update will be out.

• edited September 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    Any idea on when the update will be out.

It's been "in review" for almost 24 hours now... :neutral: Hopefully soon...

While I'm here, just so you know... Some of the new instruments are IAPs, and others are free. More in the pipeline and I have loads of ideas, but I would also love to know what you'd like to see. Just remember Waverley is sample-based and not a bells and whistles sound design / import your own samples type playground :wink:

• Love the vibes, I’d like to see more pluck type sounds Rob!

• @moodscaper said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Any idea on when the update will be out.

It's been "in review" for almost 24 hours now... :neutral: Hopefully soon...

While I'm here, just so you know... Some of the new instruments are IAPs, and others are free. More in the pipeline and I have loads of ideas, but I would also love to know what you'd like to see. Just remember Waverley is sample-based and not a bells and whistles sound design / import your own samples type playground :wink:

That’s great news. Cheers. Can’t wait.

• Classic Analog Pads
    Strings - violin cello, etc. this might be in the update.

In fact Let me see what’s all in the update, then I’ll have a better idea of some good new additions. I’m sure you’re not just speaking to me, so please others chime in if you have I deas on sounds you’d like to hear from Moodunits aka Waverly?

• edited September 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    Classic Analog Pads

Quite a few analog pad type sounds in the factory presets already, albeit basic ones. I'm more than happy to go to town in the pads department though - I love designing pads!

the "Stringz" instruments ($0.99 IAP) are actually inspired by the old string synth machines from the 70's / 80's, so they're not orchestral / proper acoustic samples but might tick the "analog pads" box given they all originate from basic saw waves from my trusty Moog Sirin. Quick run through the presets here. Please excuse the shoddy "playing" :smiley:

https://youtu.be/x9g1YYZQyL4

For real strings, I'd need access to um... real strings so I can record them, in order to um... keep it real :smile:

• These sound lurvverly... :smile: When will they be available Rob?

• Can’t wait amazing.

• @moodscaper said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Classic Analog Pads

Quite a few analog pad type sounds in the factory presets already, albeit basic ones. I'm more than happy to go to town in the pads department though - I love designing pads!

the "Stringz" instruments ($0.99 IAP) are actually inspired by the old string synth machines from the 70's / 80's, so they're not orchestral / proper acoustic samples but might tick the "analog pads" box given they all originate from basic saw waves from my trusty Moog Sirin. Quick run through the presets here. Please excuse the shoddy "playing" :smiley:

https://youtu.be/x9g1YYZQyL4

For real strings, I'd need access to um... real strings so I can record them, in order to um... keep it real :smile:

Awesome. Can’t wait to purchase the IAP. Pads are one of my favorite sounds. Especially when you add the movement and modulation.

Maybe some bells, brass, wind instruments?

• Those strings do sound great.

• Late, but hooked on now...Already installed. Playing.... B)

• I don't totally understand what this (very nice-sounding and attractive) app is! Is there a sequencer? Is this a more modular Beathawk? Is the main instrument a Rompler? I mean, it's only $5, why hesitate, right?

But if you already pretty much have every other synth and are well stocked on delays, reverbs, etc....?