Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auv3 pitch shift request- *SIMPLE* I will give you money 😘@Devs

Hello!

I love the Apple auNewPitch auv3 but sadly it does not work in hosts that have not built a GUI for it such as Cubasis and AUM

There is currently no other simple pitch shifter auv3 that allows for aggressive pitch shifting- discord 4 is the closest, however the dual mono pitchshifters make it sooopa annoying to automate as the right and left channel need to somehow be automated identically to keep them in sync unless you want detuned stereo pitch shifting

I have tried nurack also but this is also too subtle of a pitch shift and is executed in independent mono channels

Could someone pleaaaaasssseπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ make a simple auv3 pitch shifter modeled off of auNewPitch with a single pitch slider that can be automated within hosts such as Cubasis and aum?πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I would buy it immediately and I think many others would also based on my search here where other users are seeking a similarly simple pitch shifter

Comments

• We can only hope the Apple some day creates UI's for the built-on AUv3's.
    On the desktop they have already done that...

I really like the Apple AUDynamicsProcessor. It's a gate/expander/compressor/limiter combo that works very well.
    It's one of the few gates where the threshold can be set really low (like around -80db) to really 'zero-out' the low-level noise before applying and expanding the audio, this together with a visual signal representation makes it easy to set the levels.

GarageBand provides 'value list' for the Apple AUv3's.

apeMatrix provides limited 'preset' access to Apple AUv3's.

I guess it's up to the host developer to add support for the Apple AUv3's.

I wish @LFS and his team would consider adding support and a rudimentary UI for the Apple AUv3's as they provide features that the Cubasis built-in effects still do not provide...

There was one developer who was planning on releasing an app providing custom UI's for the Apple AUv3's but apparently they bumped into various issues...

Since an AUv3 still can not host another AUv3 on iOS/iPadOS it's a tricky situation.
    AUv3's can host other AUv3's on the desktop so it is an iOS sandboxing issue...
    (I'm using the MPC Beats AU hosting other AU's inside Logic Pro X).

Someday, maybe iPadOS15 or so Apple will wake up and give us their own AUv3's with proper UI's :)

• @annahahn said:
    Hello!

I love the Apple auNewPitch auv3 but sadly it does not work in hosts that have not built a GUI for it such as Cubasis and AUM

There is currently no other simple pitch shifter auv3 that allows for aggressive pitch shifting- discord 4 is the closest, however the dual mono pitchshifters make it sooopa annoying to automate as the right and left channel need to somehow be automated identically to keep them in sync unless you want detuned stereo pitch shifting

I have tried nurack also but this is also too subtle of a pitch shift and is executed in independent mono channels

Could someone pleaaaaasssseπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ make a simple auv3 pitch shifter modeled off of auNewPitch with a single pitch slider that can be automated within hosts such as Cubasis and aum?πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I would buy it immediately and I think many others would also based on my search here where other users are seeking a similarly simple pitch shifter

Between the built-in pitch-shifting for samples (plus or minus approximately 2 octaves) plus auNewPitch (which I can automate) I can get some interesting stuff going on in Zenbeats.

• @anickt agreed works beautifully in zenbeats but unfortunately I’m trying to get something going in Cubasis

**** UPDATE***

For those looking for a similar solution- voicesynth can do this and has an automatable pitch shift knob if you deactivate the AUTO switch near the center

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    DRAMBO!

Was originally considering this but purchased nurack instead, perhaps it was a mistake

How aggressive is the drambo pitch shifter? Can it go up/down more than 12 semitones?

Is there a full list of all drambo modules available anywhere?

• edited August 2020

@annahahn drambo pitch to my ears is ok but it thins the sound. Elf Audio the dev for Koala Sampler is currently creating a new Auv3 effects from the effects section of Koala sampler. To my hearing the pitch is the best on iOS , it will be released very soon as its in beta at moment. It also sounds very good on drums as it retains transients and excellent on melodic too. If you not tried Koala Sampler give it a go. Its around Β£5 and you can check the effects section

• @anuman wow coincidence. Literally just now a post has been added to the forum
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40318/koala-fx-auv3-coming-soon#latest

• The pitch shifter in koala FX isn't the best (also it switches to mono to save on processor cycles), but it goes up and down an octave. (get it here: https://apps.apple.com/app/koala-fx/id1518085697)

• @elf_audio said:
    The pitch shifter in koala FX isn't the best (also it switches to mono to save on processor cycles), but it goes up and down an octave. (get it here: https://apps.apple.com/app/koala-fx/id1518085697)

@elf_audio Marek. Nice one just purchased. To my hearing the pitch in Koala sampler is excellent. Congrats on the FX release. Is it universal. Its not avail on my iphone app store as yet?

• @stormbeats said:

@elf_audio said:
    The pitch shifter in koala FX isn't the best (also it switches to mono to save on processor cycles), but it goes up and down an octave. (get it here: https://apps.apple.com/app/koala-fx/id1518085697)

@elf_audio Marek. Nice one just purchased. To my hearing the pitch in Koala sampler is excellent. Congrats on the FX release. Is it universal. Its not avail on my iphone app store as yet?

It's universal, check your purchased apps and download it from there :)

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@elf_audio said:

It's universal, check your purchased apps and download it from there :)

@Samu ok cool

• @stormbeats said:

@elf_audio said:

Koala has a pitch shifter???
    Sounds like re-pitched audio, no wonder it sounds great... but it also speeds up or slows down audio πŸ˜…

• @rs2000 said:

@stormbeats said:

@elf_audio said:

Koala has a pitch shifter???
    Sounds like re-pitched audio, no wonder it sounds great... but it also speeds up or slows down audio πŸ˜…

@rs2000 true.

• edited August 2020

@annahahn said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    DRAMBO!

Was originally considering this but purchased nurack instead, perhaps it was a mistake

How aggressive is the drambo pitch shifter? Can it go up/down more than 12 semitones?

Is there a full list of all drambo modules available anywhere?

The pitch shifter in Drambo sounds quite good indeed but not when doing extreme pitch shifts like +/- 12 semitones. Discord4 isn't better unfortunately.

Our fellow member @tk32 has done a wonderful job building a beautiful wallpaper of all Drambo modules as of April 2020.
    Drambo has recently got a few great new modules with even more to come, but the important basic modules are all covered in tk32's PDF.
    Here's the related post:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/779616#Comment_779616

I must admit that I've never felt the need for such a reference - all modules are accessible via categories that make sense inside Drambo (@giku_beepstreet has even changed some category filings upon user requests) and it's worth to get used to that structure so you know your way around when building modular creations.
    The modules look simple but you can do a lot by combining them - as in most modular systems.

• edited August 2020

Thanks for the kind mention @rs2000

I really should get around to adding those new modules to my visual reference/overview.

• @Samu said:

>

There was one developer who was planning on releasing an app providing custom UI's for the Apple AUv3's but apparently they bumped into various issues...

>
    That was Jens Guell / JAX and I’m scared to ask him 😰

• Still Drambo or Koala FX for this? Or has anything else popped up?