Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polyphony in apps -when duplicated in DAWs

Hi,
I am assuming that a synth such as SynthMaster One, with max 16 tracks of polyphony on an I pad pro, cannot exceed the 16 simultaneous notes at any one time?
Thus in instance below...is polyphony shared equally amongst SM1 tracks?
Do arp tracks get priority?
How does this work anyone please?
Thanks.....

Comments

• And in AUM would it be different?!
    Note stealing/ cutout, or not?

• In your screenshot, you show 4 tracks with an instance of SynthMaster One each. Each of them would play up to 16 notes polyphony - but since each of the active voices will consume cpu to compute its output there might be a limit to simultaneous number of active notes. This will limit will also depend on the patches used and the FX used by those patches.

So you have to try out and watch Cubasis CPU bar in the top left corner. In your screenshot its alredy at about 40%, even though nothings seems to be playing. There is a base-level of CPU that each instance will add as their FX will be computed even if no voice is active, also additional FX plugins will add to the CPU usage.

Regarding arp tracks, i don‘t think there is any special priority.

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

Setting up several SynthmasterOne instances in AUM behaves the same, so each of them can in theory play 16 notes - but you will run into cpu/dsp limit and hear crackles (earlier if the patches are using internal FX like reverb or delay)

Regarding note-stealing, i didn‘t try. Setup a simple 4 voice polyphony sound and just try for yourself: What happens if you press a 4-voice chord and then add an additonal lower note, and what happens to a 4-voice chord when adding an additional higher note.

• Thanks for helpful responses....

• BTW: Regarding SynthMasterOne and note-stealing: I checked yesterday evening and SMO takes away the oldest note if the max number of voices is active.

• Thanks _ki

Will try out....

It’s a super amazing synth...never get bored with it...like Magellan....