Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multiple crashes using Orphium + LIVE DJ FX + Loopy (also soundprism)

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

I was running Soundprism through LIVE DJ FX and get some amazing sounds but after awhile it just crashed. I would get a bunch of stuttering then a crash. I finally got a loop made with soundprism and then was using orphium through FX and it crashed again. I was also closing each app when not using it either and was using 512 to help out. By the end I rebooted the ipad and then just tired to open orphium and it crashed! lol, some serious bugs I think. LIVE DJ FX tends to really overload the system I think but just opening orphium shouldnt cause audiobus to crash right?

Comments

• Did you update LiveFX? They've removed some bugs in the latest update.

• Indeed. I think it helped but audiobus still seems to be crashing. I sent reports as well. I had it working for about an hour last night but then it would start crashing again.

• What's your hardware? Is the stuttering caused by processor overload? I had problems with Cubasis and Wavegenerator, on iPad 3rd Gen. Bluesman845 posted this link http://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks which highlights the big jump up to the 4th Gen iPad and iPhone 5.

• Yeah I got ipad 3 and thats probably the issue. It irritates me apple stealth released the ipad 4 early

• However it was crashing even without tons of usage. Like loading orphium alone nothing else

• I'm playing with this setup (Orphion+LiveFX+LoopyHD) for about one hour now and had no crashes yet. Ipad 3, latest iOS.

• edited February 2013

iPad 4 is a huge upgrade. I really am happy I decided to sell my iPad 3 64 gig .. Lost the 200 bucks initially , and then for another 100 bucks got the 128gig 4th gen. Can do whatever I want with the bus now..

I really can't believe they did release it without much media hoopla ..

It's stealthy and a little unfair- but I guess there's problems with slowing down the upgrades as it could slow the evolution of the device in the future.