Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Samples

2»

Comments

• @syrupcore said:

@gusgranite said:
    Donate and grab the bundle https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php#att

+2. I donated to him getting on a decade ago and I still ain't heard all of these samples. Never mind all of the updates.

Indeed, trying to organize and create kits from that fire hose of drum samples is was what inspired the TRG Maker

Good Lord. Whenever scripting enters the mix, my eyes glaze over and the tinnitus ramps up.

It makes a lot of sense, though.

"I automate whatever can be automated to be freer to focus on those aspects of music that can't be automated. The challenge is to figure out which is which." - Laurie Spiegel

As for .sfz - yes, it's a great format! I'm sure I've seen this quoted in the debate somewhere (although I forget who it was, on which board - sorry!).

https://xkcd.com/927/

I have my own standard these days:

Kit_Name_01_bd.wav
    Kit_Name_02_sd.wav
    Kit_Name_03_ch.wav
    Kit_Name_04_oh.wav

etc.

• @syrupcore said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Reverb - Has had the Drum Machine Complete Collection Bundle for FREE for awhile now.. 50+ drum machines. No real drum sounds all drum machines but a great free bundle.

https://reverb.com/uk/software/samples-and-loops/reverb/3514-reverb-drum-machines-the-complete-collection

@gusgranite said:

I wonder how many of these are the exact same source samples? Hard to know the origins of drum machine samples on the 2020 Internet.

Not sure but Reverb is a pretty well respected and quality site, and everything I have from them is real good quality. They also have some free multisample packs for Oberheim, Prophet-6, Casio, that sound good. When COVID first started they had 4 Famous Studio multilayered Drum Packs for free - Fame Studios, Chess Records, Stax, and Hitsville USA, they are now only on sale. I got all 4 for free and they all sound great.

• I use Digistix. Been waiting for a sale to also get EG pulse. There are some good IAA options as well. SDS-x which was free for a short while, but I believe is back to full price. Koala too.

• @colonel_mustard said:

@syrupcore said:

@gusgranite said:

+2. I donated to him getting on a decade ago and I still ain't heard all of these samples. Never mind all of the updates.

Indeed, trying to organize and create kits from that fire hose of drum samples is was what inspired the TRG Maker

Good Lord. Whenever scripting enters the mix, my eyes glaze over and the tinnitus ramps up.

It makes a lot of sense, though.

"I automate whatever can be automated to be freer to focus on those aspects of music that can't be automated. The challenge is to figure out which is which." - Laurie Spiegel

As for .sfz - yes, it's a great format! I'm sure I've seen this quoted in the debate somewhere (although I forget who it was, on which board - sorry!).

https://xkcd.com/927/

This!

How in the world is xkcd so consistently on point?

• @syrupcore said:

Standards?

Dude's obsessed with the crux. The stick figures are a clue. Thing Explainer is another clue.

For the sake of the thread, there are some nice round-robin kits linked in the description to this video. A Korg Rhythm 55B and a Roland TR-77, both with many hits for each sound :)

• edited August 2020

@colonel_mustard said:

@syrupcore said:

Standards?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xThtar0e9kO3WkwQ1O/giphy.gif

Dude's obsessed with the crux. The stick figures are a clue. Thing Explainer is another clue.

Holy wow! Thank you. Want this immediately but having trouble finding an ebook version. Not on iBooks or Amazon anyway.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    There was nice tip in an old thread by @johnfromberkeley (I think) which is to google search for: ?intitle:index.of? *.wav "kick"
    (or "snare" or "agogo" or whatever) - it's a sneaky way of finding folders and even entire sample libraries online

Hey, thanks. Try queries like this:

?intitle:index.of? loopmasters

To find larger sample libraries. Substitute other brands for "loopmasters." That is your treat for the day.

Just a reminder, ^ this trick still works. Had some fun with it.

• In my search for acoustic drum samples I've found 2 sites which offer BF sales at the moment : Sample Drum Shop and Cult Drum Sound.

Does anybody have ever used these samples libraries ?
    If so, can someone tell me if these samples are "easy" to set kits up in apps like BM3 or Audiolayer ?

• @Gratouilli said:
    In my search for acoustic drum samples I've found 2 sites which offer BF sales at the moment : Sample Drum Shop and Cult Drum Sound.

If so, can someone tell me if these samples are "easy" to set kits up in apps like BM3 or Audiolayer ?

I haven't personally used Sample Drum Shop or Cult Drum Sound, but when considering drum sample libraries for apps like BM3 or Audiolayer, it's essential to check for compatibility. Look for formats supported by the apps (e.g., WAV, AIFF) and ensure the samples come organized for easy kit setup. User reviews on forums or their respective websites can provide insights into the user experience and ease of integration with different apps. Always verify compatibility and user feedback before making a purchase for a seamless integration into your preferred music production setup.

• @nora10 said:

@Gratouilli said:
    In my search for acoustic drum samples I've found 2 sites which offer BF sales at the moment : Sample Drum Shop and Cult Drum Sound.

I haven't personally used Sample Drum Shop or Cult Drum Sound, but when considering drum sample libraries for apps like BM3 or Audiolayer, it's essential to check for compatibility. Look for formats supported by the apps (e.g., WAV, AIFF) and ensure the samples come organized for easy kit setup. User reviews on forums or their respective websites can provide insights into the user experience and ease of integration with different apps. Always verify compatibility and user feedback before making a purchase for a seamless integration into your preferred music production setup.

Thanks for your advices. Back in 2021, I purchased a kit on Cult Drum Sound and am still very happy to use it ;)