Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Has anyone treid this app? I'm a big fan of "vintage" sounds like the original Mellotron. If this is a good approximation, it's well worth $12!

• The video sure peaked my interest..thanks! Boy between Final Touch and this...there goes my app budget for the month!

• How does this compare to SuperManetron?

• @CJ_Stout said:

How does this compare to SuperManetron?

Both are terrific but theMellotronics has more sounds, really nice MIDI features with Bank D allowing one to play up to three sounds simultaneously and two play separate parts on the D bank than on the other(s) when one so desires. Pad mode and more features that the Super doesn't have.

But I'm glad I have both because the Super Manetron works on my iPhone and because I like a couple of the sounds better,

• Apparently Manetron is out of tune (there are threads on this forum that confirm this), so keep that in mind.

• edited March 2014

Although if you're an A=432Hz fetishist, it may be right up your alley...

• I consider myself more of a faux-word fetishist.

• In tune mellotron kind of loses the charm of mellotron for me, I love super manetron.

• I received the test build for this a few days ago and all i can say is that there's coming more than what you saw in the youtube link ;)

• Are there any classic songs (King Crimson, Beatles, Moody Blues, OMD, Air etc...) where the Mellotron is horribly out of tune?

• I'm kind of torn between the two, I prefer the sounds in Manetron, but it's missing the bottom octaves - for example if you play the intro to Strawberry Fields on it with the flute sound (which sounds almost exactly like the record) you can't play the final B flat.

Mellotronics does have the full tonal range, but doesn't sound quite as nice. The attack is too strong, and the sustain a little grating.

I haven't played Manetron with other instruments so can't comment on how out of tune it is, but maybe the unit they sampled was out of tune.

If I get a chance I will record a comparison between the two apps.

• edited March 2014

@MrNezumi said:

Are there any classic songs (King Crimson, Beatles, Moody Blues, OMD, Air etc...) where the Mellotron is horribly out of tune?

Pretty much all of them. Although I wouldn't say "horribly" necessarily. Stairway to heaven is a good example. Fiona apple as well for a more recent example. But it seems to work.

• edited March 2014

Super Manetron is tuned slightly sharp (the whole instrument) and sounds horrible with anything else that's in standard A440 tuning (almost everything). Use a tuner you will see what I'm talking about. I can deal with slight imperfections in pitch (yes I know it was a tape based instrument) but this isn't that. You can adjust the pitch in SM with the pitch wheel and get it in tune but the wheel springs back to default (sharp) when you let go. Every time it's updated I download it again to see if they've fixed the pitch issues and end up deleting it again. I do like the sounds in the app but the pitch issue kills it for me. Read the app store reviews, the pitch issues are mentioned many times but the dev either doesn't listen or just doesn't think there's a problem.
    Thankfully I got it on sale so no big loss.

• Yeah, it's not "charmingly" out of tune, it's unusabley out of tune. Also agree on above comments about Mellotronics- it would really benefit from being able to shape the envelope a little.

Not that it's my true quest or anything, but I haven't found a really great Mellotron on iOS.

• I end up using the Mellotron in Thumbjam for the rare occasion I need Mellotron. It's one of the instruments available for free download in TJ.

• I just downloaded the newest update of the M3000 app, and it continuously crashes on boot up. I'm using a 128G Air. I've tried rebooting the IPad, to no avail. Reloading the previous version has restored normal operation.
    Has anyone else dowloaded this yet and had problems?

• Yep, same deal here.

• Same issue here, iPad mini retina, iOS 7.1

• Same issue with my iPad3 , iOS 7.1.
    I try to uninstall and reinstall still the same.

• edited April 2014

iPad Air iOS 7.0.6... Strange thing here, I've updated and it crashed immediately after launch, rebooted and it crashed again... Deleted, reinstalled (not from iTunes, via WiFi/AppStore Purchased List), and I'm with the old version again (no TAPE Purchase button on top left corner), It's working again... And the UPDATE button came back on my Upadte List. I'm not gonna push that again for now......

On iPad 4 and iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3, no problems at all. Did not purchase anything yet though...

• thanks for the heads up. How much were the IAPs?

• I just realized that no one was probably able to check since it crashed immediately.

• edited April 2014

I could open it in iOS 6.1.3.

R$8.99 - Single IAP with 18 tapes from Harry Chamberlin. (Usually IAPs are in US dollars here, but this time it's showing the price in R$... Anyone please confirm the price in U$).

Tapes - French Accordion, Glockenspiel/Tubular Bells, MkII Electric Guitar, MkII Mandolin, Medieval Woodwind, Moog Woosh, Pinder Smooth Organ, Gothic.

• So I geuss the no 'Clare Lindley Violin Collection' yet.

• Same here - it crashes on iPad Air - iOS 7.0.6 :/

• Crashes on my iPad 4 -iOS 7.1. Big bummer. I've been looking forward to this update. I hope it gets fixed soon.

• M3000 bug fix is with Apple for review, and an expedited review request is in.

— Omenie (@omeniesoftware) April 1, 2014
  • Oooopsss should have read this thread ,before updating :-( Crashes on Ipad2 IOS7.1)
    Happy to see a fix is on its way

• edited April 2014

A haiku for ye appaholics

It crashed, I am crushed

IPad Air, Seven dot one

I must buy Earhoof