Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why is Turnado pitching the sample down when imported by audio copy?

Yep, so... A friend of mine asked me to remix one of his songs. Great song it is. I would have used other apps but I decided to go with bm2 as I know it best. Latency via virtual midi is such that I decided to load all given to me audio into bm2 which worked a treat. Then I got bass and drums and synths going on Gadget which I recorded as audio. I tried turnado in fx slot messing with a sampled loop from loopy to record into bm2 but latency again made it impossible to do that. So...I decided to put turnado in the input and load that sample. Easy? You bet but....the sample got pitched down one octave, cool but not what I desired (and yes I bypassed all the effects to check). Step 2 I'm thinking sample is 2 bars let's shorten it to 1 bar...same problem. Any ideas?

P.s. I chopped the sample in audio mastering and it played ok.

Comments

• edited March 2014

Does Gadget export at 44.1khz? Pitch issues between apps usually tends to be due to different sample freqs between projects/apps/audio files. But this sounds strange though? Turnado doesn't pitch shift audio files that doesn't loop correctly, or does it? Hm I'll see if a can try this later, gadget to Turnado right? What app is used to trim the sample? Audioshare?

Edit: Oh, Loopy and BM2. Double check the sample freq on the audio file you're pasting into Turnado.

• ^^^what @ChrisG says, check sample frequency.

• I've tried audio mastering first then audioshare and then bm2. The files was originally recorded into bm2 then I chopped it there to 2 bars. Then exported direct to turnado and this occurred so I halved the length in audio mastering app no joy, audioshare same thing. The funny thing is a drum loop from the same session plays alright! I tried chopping another bit from the same long sample and it happened again. Maybe it doesn't like my guitar playing?

I'll check the sample rate and will let you know

• 44.1 on all samples

• edited March 2014

No clue, I exported both a rythmical file and a file with just a pad sound from Gadget. Tried em un-edited in Turnado without any pitch shifting. Edited both files to 4 bar loops in Audioshare, and copy/pasted back into Turnado, still no pitch shifting.

• The file I was pasting is an acoustic guitar loop. It is very rhythmical but transients mostly don't fall on the beat. Gadget exports will be clean electronic audio while this is full of organic dirt. Turnado has a loop player within so I expect it will have some kind of algorithm that first works Out

Here's the culprit in a 4 bar guise

• edited March 2014

Ok I got the pitch shift with that one. Converting it to a stereo file fixes it (easiest and fastest way is probably w. Audioshare). Weird though that Turnado does that to mono files ?

• Cool, thanks for the tip. In fact the only difference between this and other files was that it was mono.