Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crystalline...What am I Missing?

I have a couple tracks I’d like to apply Crystalline to, but when I go to effects it’s simply not listed. What am I missing? I’m using Garageband iOS, on iPhone. I have tracks recorded. When I go to add effects Crystalline does not appear in the list between Bleass and DeEsser.

Comments

• Hi. Could you say a little more about your setup? What host or DAW are you using? I see that Crystalline supports AudioBus and IAA, but not AUv3, so that may limit its use.

• It shows up here in AUM, Audiobus, and Ape Matrix.

• @AnalogCortex said:
    I have a couple tracks I’d like to apply Crystalline to, but when I go to effects it’s simply not listed. What am I missing?

Is it possible you are looking in the AU fx list rather than the iaa or all fx lists?

• Sorry for the incomplete OP. I’m using Garageband iOS, on iPhone. I have tracks recorded. When I go to add effects Crystalline does not appear in the list between Bleass and DeEsser.

• edited July 2020

@Gavinski said:

@AnalogCortex said:
    I have a couple tracks I’d like to apply Crystalline to, but when I go to effects it’s simply not listed. What am I missing?

Is it possible you are looking in the AU fx list rather than the iaa or all fx lists?

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing. So if it’s not AU, how do I apply it to a recorded synth track within Garageband? Or do I need to use Audiobus?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AnalogCortex said:

@Gavinski said:

@AnalogCortex said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing. So if it’s not AU, how do I apply it to a recorded synth track within Garageband? Or do I need to use Audiobus?

I don't see how you can apply it to a recorded synth track in GarageBand. You'd have to set the synth up in Audiobus, followed by Crystalline in the FX slot and GarageBand in the output. Then you'd need to record that result in GarageBand.

• @wim said:

@AnalogCortex said:

@Gavinski said:

@AnalogCortex said:

I don't see how you can apply it to a recorded synth track in GarageBand. You'd have to set the synth up in Audiobus, followed by Crystalline in the FX slot and GarageBand in the output. Then you'd need to record that result in GarageBand.

You’re exactly right. Not being AU is a drag.

• I'm trying to load Baby Audio Crystalline in AUM, but it's not showing up in the lists. I've tried rebooting and quitting both apps, but still not working for me. Any tips on how to resolve would be most welcome.

• Resolved. Rebooted my iPhone.

• @andowrites said:
    I'm trying to load Baby Audio Crystalline in AUM, but it's not showing up in the lists. I've tried rebooting and quitting both apps, but still not working for me. Any tips on how to resolve would be most welcome.

That's really odd, but just to make sure: are you looking in the right list (Audio Unit Extension), in an effect node? One more thing you could try is reinstalling Crystalline. If nothing works it'll probably make sense to share more details about your setup (device, OS version) or reach out to the developer.

(It doesn't really matter, but be advised that this thread was referring to an older, non-AUv3 app with the same name)

• @andowrites said:
    Resolved. Rebooted my iPhone.

Resolved, I rebooted my iPhone. It worked out of the box on my iPad.

• @andowrites said:

@andowrites said:

FYI, the os failure to register that a new AUv3 was added until reboot is very random and out of the AU’s control.

• @andowrites said:

@andowrites said:

Apple is not able to fix this since years. From time to time this happens. In 95% of the cases rebooting the device is fixing it ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@andowrites said:

@andowrites said:

Apple is not able to fix this since years. From time to time this happens. In 95% of the cases rebooting the device is fixing it ;)

:D
    Did rebooting the device help?

• @MelvinHagenes said:

@david_2017 said:

@andowrites said:

@andowrites said:

:D
    Did rebooting the device help?

Haha, took me a minute to get that 😉 😂