Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• This was always $9.99, or are gonna drop it to 5 bucks? That's definitely a no brainer, this synth is great, my favourite from VirSyn so far!

• Isn't $9.99 the regular price?

• If AppStore says $9.99, then sale has not actually started.

Considering it for 5 bucks, but all the Virsyn synths are kind of similar to me...

• edited March 2014

My bad. Sale will be 50% off $9.99 US. Corrected.

• One of my favorites. Well worth double the price... At half you gotta grab it.

• I'm confused. Is 9.99 the sale price? That's what it's always been, isn't it?

• Is not on sale yet, maybe someone read it on a blog or something and it will be later on sale. But right now is not on sale, i will wait a few hours

• Thank you.

• Thanks, but I need help to choice between this and Cube Synth. They seem to share some screens (and features). I already have Addictive and the main synths (Sunrizer, Animoog, Thor, iMini, Nave, etc.).
    Thanks in advance.

• Just bought at reduced price in US store.

• The sale is live $4.99. Well worth it!

• I have both Cube and microTERA. Personally, I prefer microTERA. Cube is a great synth, but IMO the sound quality is average, lacks characteristics. Although, it could make something really decent, but I don't think it's worth $20. Fortunately I bought it on sale, for $8, it is a great deal.
    microTERA on the other hand is not so versatile, but the sound is very special, even unique. It is hard to get same result from other synths.

• @logictree said:

I have both Cube and microTERA. Personally, I prefer microTERA. Cube is a great synth, but IMO the sound quality is average, lacks characteristics. Although, it could make something really decent, but I don't think it's worth $20. Fortunately I bought it on sale, for $8, it is a great deal.
    microTERA on the other hand is not so versatile, but the sound is very special, even unique. It is hard to get same result from other synths.

Yeah, i have cube but i'm not impressed by its sound...I watched the Doug's video of microTera and the sound seems great...

• Bought it. I get great sound using the random button. Drawing gives more noise then sound. I guess I need to check if there is a help file.

• Great. YASIDIU - Yet another synth I doubt I'll use... Damn app addiction.

• @mgmg4871, how good is their support for these products?

• edited March 2014

For the same price as one Alchemy Mobile Soundpack....you get a whole complete Synth that sounds great!

Lots of presets, but the fun part is how easy it is to swipe in your own wave spectrum and get cool sounds.

Just one note, I discovered that the aftertouch channel pressure data that my controller was sending was creating horrible fuzz and whistle sounds on the synth. Turning off aftertouch on my keyboard solved the problem, but will investigate that a bit more.

Recommend this for sure at sale price.

• I love this.. thanks for the heads up whoever said it can get dirty.... I've been making ear bleed noises and lovin' it :)

• edited March 2014

Stutters when recording in Audiobus unless you disable its delay effect. Same used to occur with their Addictive Synth but after about a year they fixed it.

• edited April 2014

Got to ask again

@mgmg4871, how good is their support for these products?

I ask because I noticed your scathing 1 star review on 3/11, but I noticed you are the initiator of this thread on 3/26. What's up?

• MicroTera doesn't have MIDI out as far as I can tell, just in. For $5 it's a good deal though, as you can make some interesting sounds with it. That being said, VirSyn don't seem to update their apps very often.

• Mini-Review: I bought it and was disappointed. I deleted it. Z3ta does much better for me for WaveShaping synthesis.....I didn't care for the sound... :-(

• On sale again: $4,99

• What Audiojunkie said. Z3ta+ FTW.

• updated today sez midi learn function, midi bank/program change and pitch bend bug fixed. I like this synth. but has no volume control and the foot sustain does not work ?
    anyone else notice this ? ipad air 7.04

• @Coloobar said:

What Audiojunkie said. Z3ta+ FTW.

microTera was on sale for $5 for a long time last time, then I regretted waiting on it when I tried Addictive Synth, like it, and microTera went back to $10. But Z3ta+ is interesting also, and I shouldn't have both.

Does one of those two struggle on older devices at all? Z3ta+ seems to have endless presets available, which is always a plus to me.

• Z3ta definitely struggles on an ipad2. Have had no issues with any of the Virsyn synths.
    I got microTera when it was on sale before, and quite like it.

• When I get a new synth app, I go through all of the presets and jot down all of the patches I find useful and interesting... stuff I might actually use in my music. microTera for me was in the 5-10 range. With Z3ta+ I'm only about 1/4 the way going through all of the free presets I downloaded and it's already over 250. I guess I'll easily have over 1,000 when all is said and done. That to me makes Z3ta+ easily worth the higher price tag (and it's still on sale right now). I'm a preset guy though so if your into making your own sounds then you may find the MicroTera interface easier to use.

Z3ta+ works well on my son's iPad 3 but I don't know about earlier iPads or the mini. I mentioned in a previous thread that a few (maybe 5 - 10%) of the older Z3ta+ PC presets sound glitchy on my iPad (sounds like the audio is dropping out in places). It could be a difference in the threshold settings between the versions, IDK.

• @Zymos & @Coloobar - thanks, that is very helpful. I am on iPad2 so I will stay away from Z3ta+ for now, as awesome as it sounds. Will consider microTera because of the low price, but not a for-sure purchase either (I have too many synths as it is!)