Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Signing Certificate

A whole bunch of old apps are suddenly getting an update saying that the app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple Signing Certificate

I have 2 questions about this

One what is a Signing Certificate anyway.

Two what if any effect will this have on old apps that don’t seem to be in the AppStore any more that may have been backed up in imazing or old ipa files.

Comments

• @BiancaNeve said:
    A whole bunch of old apps are suddenly getting an update saying that the app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple Signing Certificate

I have 2 questions about this

One what is a Signing Certificate anyway.

Two what if any effect will this have on old apps that don’t seem to be in the AppStore any more that may have been backed up in imazing or old ipa files.

The second one is a very good question. If the app isn’t in the store anymore and don’t get an apple certificate update does it means that it will no longer work without certificate update?

• edited July 2020

guess they must follow or bust? got a few old apps not installing anymore in ios14beta (this app / developer needs to be updated to work on your device)

• The signing certificate is an encrypted code that is used to ensure that an app being run is really the one installed by Apple. The code is checked when the app runs and if it doesn't match then the OS may not allow it to run.

I assume that since you can still run non-upgraded apps at least for now shows that there is some grace period. Once the old certificate is "revoked" that will no longer be the case. So I would say that yes, there is a good chance that older apps backed up with to an IPA may not be able to run at some point in the future. No telling if that's months, years, or decades though. It's up to Apple.

• @noob said:
    guess they must follow or bust? got a few old apps not installing anymore in ios14beta (this app / developer needs to be updated to work on your device)

I think that may be a separate issue from the signing certificate.

• edited July 2020

@wim said:

@noob said:

I think that may be a separate issue from the signing certificate.

Yes, that's the message you get with 32-bit apps not running in iOS 11+; I don't know what the equivalent hurdle is for iOS 14, but imagine it's a compatibility rather than a certificate issue.

• @wim said:
    The signing certificate is an encrypted code that is used to ensure that an app being run is really the one installed by Apple. The code is checked when the app runs and if it doesn't match then the OS may not allow it to run.

I assume that since you can still run non-upgraded apps at least for now shows that there is some grace period. Once the old certificate is "revoked" that will no longer be the case. So I would say that yes, there is a good chance that older apps backed up with to an IPA may not be able to run at some point in the future. No telling if that's months, years, or decades though. It's up to Apple.

@wim to the rescue. Yea I was curious about this as well.