Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai EIE not working with iPad? (False)

I had this weird experience a couple of days back.
I’ve been working on my battery powered zoom u 24/44 based live rigs for a couple of months and went back to my old EIE set up to try something out but I was not able to make it work.

I’ve tried all sorts of combinations to exclude various elements ie: cables, interfaces (I have 2), iPads (I have 2 Pro 10.5s) and even power adapters but I always get error messages that either the sound engine is not working properly or bonjour registration has failed or nothing, with inputs and outputs showing in software but no sound coming out.

I’ve tried various re boots but still no dice. I still need to check if the interface is working with my laptop but everything is pointing at either it no longer working with my particular iPad/iOS 13 combination or simply something’s changed in the latest iOS updates.

I’m honestly stunned. I’m not desperate as I have the two zoom interfaces and tascam us 4x4 coming in the post but always wanted to keep EIE as a backup for its uniqueness of having a built in usb hub but it seems like I’m fighting a loosing battle.

Comments

• Ah yes, also tried different genuine Apple CCKs ;)

• Wow, surprising discovery.
    If I exclude Novation Launchkey mk2 when I start Audiobus everything works fine!
    Even stranger...when I plug Novation Lanchkey mk2 afterwards it works as intended!
    WTF?

• Sample rate issue? Buffer size mismatch?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Sample rate issue? Buffer size mismatch?

Would that have anything to do with a controller that is purely midi?

I’m pretty confident that launchkey is to blame as there’s no issue with nanokontrol.

• edited July 2020

Yeah, I doubt sample rates are involved in that case... MIDI I/O would still have buffers, but I’ve not heard of MIDI buffer size mismatches. My initial thought was Launchkey might be initialising a setting that the NanoKontrol doesn’t support, but it does seem unlikely, thinking about it...

• Maybe something to do with the launchpads secret handshake?

• Does anyone know if the Akai EIE (redface) still works with iPadOS 14.5?
    All 4 audio inputs and outputs, MIDI I/O, along with the 3-port USB hub?
    I read that it's class-compliant (unlike the silver Pro model) but USB 1.1 at 16bit 44.1kHz, which is fine.
    Thanks!