Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any iPad OS 13.6 issues for anyone?

I'm still on 12. The general consensus online seems to be to wait for a 13.6.1 update as there may be battery issues with 13.6 Is anyone seeing that?
The general consensus also is to wait for 2 numbers past the main OS number - so again wait for 13.6.1

Comments

• 13.6 on a 2020 iPad Pro and everything seems solid.

• zahzah
    edited July 30

Thanks @Schmotown for your input - I appreciate that! :) Looks like most of us here must still be on 12 or 13 below 13.5

• I have an older iPad on 12 and a newer one that’s been on 13 all along (now 13.6). No issues and 13 is much better than 12 in many ways. When I use the old iPad I realize how much better 13 is.

• zahzah
    edited July 30

Thanks @anickt Thanks for taking the time to post! :)

• @anickt said:
    When I use the old iPad I realize how much better 13 is.

In what ways are you finding it better? And if it’s so much better why haven’t you updated the older iPad running on 12? I’m on a 2018 iPad Pro which came with iOS 11, now running on 12, but haven’t jumped to 13 yet...

• Are triads still getting stuck on on-screen keyboards? I’d update in a heartbeat if that was ever fixed .. still happens in AUM, Zeeon and many other synths - though not as bad as it was in iOS 13.0 (13.3 here)

• @ManWhoWouldBeStrings said:

@anickt said:
    When I use the old iPad I realize how much better 13 is.

In what ways are you finding it better? And if it’s so much better why haven’t you updated the older iPad running on 12? I’m on a 2018 iPad Pro which came with iOS 11, now running on 12, but haven’t jumped to 13 yet...

Older iPad won’t run 13 or I would in a heartbeat. As far as what’s better? The whole user experience. Files is better, sharing is better, a lot of relatively small things that are missing when I go back to 12 and find “oh, it doesn’t do that”.

• edited July 30

I get higher CPU usage since I’ve moved from 12 to 13. I know that because I had to change from 128 to 256 on my long-time stable audiobus preset which never had any audio dropouts of any kind before the update.

Now I got used to it and had no choice because there were some reasons why I just had to go 13 but if you don’t have any other reasons other than the FOMO just stay where you are.

I’m on IPad Pro 10.5 BTW

• I may be seeing some unexplained freezes in 13.6. No specific app. Have to pay closer attention! Anyone else?

• edited July 30

ipad os 14 beta here, bugfest, dont do it (gonna revert back to 13.6) ipad pro 2020 zeeon misbehaving and random sound glitches in aum

• @Eschatone said:
    Are triads still getting stuck on on-screen keyboards? I’d update in a heartbeat if that was ever fixed .. still happens in AUM, Zeeon and many other synths - though not as bad as it was in iOS 13.0 (13.3 here)

Never saw that.
    Did you disable the dubious iOS gestures in the settings?

• Some user comment:

According to my stats, based on iAppleBytes' videos, battery life on iPhone 8 gets worse and worse with every update. Just compare:
    12.0.1 : 3h 12m

12.1 : 3h 10m

12.1.4 : 3h 24m

12.2 : 3h 23m

12.3 : 3h 22m

12.3.1 : 3h 23m

12.4 : 3h 40m

12.4.1 : 3h 46m

13.0 : 3h 19m

13.1 : 3h 21m

13.2.3 : 3h 13m

13.3 : 4h 13m

13.3.1 : 3h 32m

13.4 : 3h 19m

13.4.1 : 3h 21m

13.5 : 3h 23m

13.5.1 : 3h 18m

13.6 : 3h 11m
    So, in 13.6 we've reached the level of 12.0. Great job, Apple :(

====

(I'm guessing that 13.3 number should be 3h13 not 4h13...
    ...12.4.1 FTW - what a drop from there to 13.0 though!)

• @supadom said:
    I get higher CPU usage since I’ve moved from 12 to 13. I know that because I had to change from 128 to 256 on my long-time stable audiobus preset which never had any audio dropouts of any kind before the update.

Now I got used to it and had no choice because there were some reasons why I just had to go 13 but if you don’t have any other reasons other than the FOMO just stay where you are.

I’m on IPad Pro 10.5 BTW

No FOMO here! Still on iOS 12. And 4 updates behind for computer, so I don't need the latest and greatest. If it works, I don't like to f**k around with it - especially where Apple updates are involved.

I have the same device as you. The main reason that I would want to update to 13 for, would be to have external drive/USB support, now that I just bought the CCK adapter. And maybe a bit because that I would not want to be stuck on 12 wanting to go to 13, but 14 is out already. So, I'm in that zone where I have to make a decision over the next couple of months before 14 drops.

Maybe I'll just stay on 12 forever and then eventually buy a new iPad with the later iPadOS installed.

Thanks for your input. :)

• edited August 2

@zah said:

Some user comment:

According to my stats, based on iAppleBytes' videos, battery life on iPhone 8 gets worse and worse with every update. Just compare:

12.1 : 3h 10m

12.1.4 : 3h 24m

12.2 : 3h 23m

12.3 : 3h 22m

12.3.1 : 3h 23m

12.4 : 3h 40m

12.4.1 : 3h 46m

13.0 : 3h 19m

13.1 : 3h 21m

13.2.3 : 3h 13m

13.3 : 4h 13m

13.3.1 : 3h 32m

13.4 : 3h 19m

13.4.1 : 3h 21m

13.5 : 3h 23m

13.5.1 : 3h 18m

====

Lol, you’re an that battery since years and years. And it doesn’t get younger every day. ;)
    That doesn’t say much.

• IMO those numbers aren't far enough apart from each other to indicate anything reliable. There is just too much room for variability, unless someone is using scientifically controlled environment and has monitoring in place (that iOS doesn't provide) to ensure there aren't side processes going on that would skew the results. Even temperature can affect results.

And @Max23 is completely right about battery age.

Making a mountain out of a molehill. IMO.

• Battery life will decrease over time, so any improvements in battery life will be offset by battery aging.

Not sure I believe any any of the ‘Apple is deliberately sabotaging battery life’ complaints.

• @Max23 said:

@zah said:
    https://www.yout ube.com/watch?v=pgJbPOcFLEc

Some user comment:

====

Lol, you’re an that battery since years and years. And it doesn’t get younger every day. ;)
    That doesn’t say much.

Well, that's why I would ask here on Audiobus rather than rely on Youtube commenters - I really don't know and there seems to be some smart cookies here. So you'd say your iOS 13.6 experience is mostly positive?

• zahzah
    edited August 5

@michael_m said:

Not sure I believe any any of the ‘Apple is deliberately sabotaging battery life’ complaints.

Well, I don't think so either, deliberately, but just the process of updating stuff could introduce unexpected problems with battery drain and audio problems for us, as they add more code and blah blah blah shit just happens... anyways, like, @wim says, I 'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill with the battery issue.