Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been pondering a jazz library purchase, now if acoustic guitar would just go free, I’d be golden.

• I love processing Ukulele

• Worth having.

• ⬆️ HAHAHAHA!!!!

How come Session Band apps are so unloved???

The developer has made massive improvements in the apps, yet nobody seems to appreciate it.

To quote a certain President I despise: “So Sad.”

• Appreciate the heads up. Will have to give these a try

• are they au?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    are they au?

No. They're idiosyncratic.

But they are excellent for writing songs with. You may not actually use the music you make with them in the final version, of you may. But I've written a few things just with the Uke and found it one of the best machines for getting down what I didn't even quite realize I had etc etc.

• I really like these for generating sample fodder, thanks for the heads up

• It seems that the free versions basically allow you one loop with one chord? To unlock other content is $8.99. It does seem high quality, but it's not droid I'm looking for.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems that the free versions basically allow you one loop with one chord? To unlock other content is $8.99. It does seem high quality, but it's not droid I'm looking for.

Only the 2 new “Soul Jazz Funk” apps have IAPs. The older ones come with all features included.

• Great for sample fodder. The export function didn't work properly for me in those jazz ones, but there is a workaround where u knock off the loop point at the end of the track, then record and save. Excellent quality and very musical.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys Have you tried using a mixer, like AudioBus? Put SessionBand on one Audio channel, your solo on another.

• I also wish they would make these AU. They would be hugely popular apps. Their ideas soundwise and in terms of basic app functionality are great, but I guess they need to get some more experienced ios coders on their team

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems that the free versions basically allow you one loop with one chord? To unlock other content is $8.99. It does seem high quality, but it's not droid I'm looking for.

I was able to enter my own chord progressions and save them. The user interface isn’t super obvious but there is a decent help file. I am finding it a useful tool for practicing with. The feel is better than iReal but since it uses loops, you are limited in what tempos sound good and in the chord voicings that are available.

• I find entering chords a bit fiddly. I’m used to BIAB so expected something similar. Also chords are limited in the jazz versions.

• Lot to be said for the Aebersold’s! I tend to shy away from his ‘method’ but the backing tracks are great!

@BCKeys said > I would even say very fiddly and the UI can be a mess with responsivity. The possibility to load a chord grid like in BIAB would be great but it's for the same reason that jazz chords are limited, they're audio loops and recording all the colors of chords would be very heavy.

Apart from these little problems, the SessionBand apps sound really good !

But I'm waiting for a little more improvements to leave my Aebersold’s

• edited July 2020

These are well worth picking up. Great for creating instrumental lines for tracks. The GUI isn't that obvious but there is useful online help to explain how to do things e.g. how to stop recording at the end and not loop automatically, which is the default.

They are also a bit crashy when connecting to AUM via IAA, but they are really best for recording loops rather than as live instruments.

The musicianship is excellent as is the audio quality so no reason not to pick them up free.