Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For any app of your choice: Request 1 additional feature and 1 feature to remove.

2»

Comments

• AUM - Add full screen window shortcuts at the top, so for example lock your sequencer such as LK to this so you can tap in and out of it quickly without having to shut and open windows. Also add a file preview volume! Remove? Don’t really think there’s anything superfluous there.

• Cubasis 3

Add Pitch Automation
    Remove the Overdrive effect that has no knobs, sliders, or other controls.

• FL Studio Mobile

Add AuV3 hosting

Remove Having to import from Files and then having to find & select the file that you just imported.

• Samplr:

Add record motion to any parameter, especially envelope controls and effects.

Remove nothing.

• TC-11:

Add recording/ looping of touchscreen movements at either a fixed BPM or free.

Remove hiding access to settings and presets. No more doubletap.

• Sector:

Add effects per parameter with controls similar to the Warp page, with same probability settings.

Remove MIDI range for triggers, replace with MIDI learn.

• Audiobus:
    Add multi window for plugins.
    Remove IAP for midi cc and make it free.

There I said it.

• edited August 2020

Turnado, Cyclop...

Add easy user preset access menu. Should be first to load.

Remove just having one page showing tiny tiny little itty bitty controls and give me a menu bar to focus on each aspect. But I still want to look at it all too, because it's so cool, so keep that in the menu.

• All apps:

Add: button to record and loop my touchscreen finger gestures and loop them, syncing to BPM or freely, for long periods of time, so "Polygestures," essentially

Remove: Defaulting to stock preset one when I open your app. Remember what I did last time, silly.

• edited August 2020

Elastic Drums:

Add: Eight tracks, not six. Remember my damn MIDI learn!

Remove: Autoplay in song mode rather than pattern mode in every preset!

• Werkbench:

Add nice icon.

Remove worst icon.

• Blocs Wave:

Add effects per section and faders on the main page.

Remove icon and go back the old one.

• Spacecraft:

I have no idea what I am doing.

• Patterning:

Add folder import to my kits.

Remove tempo control on separate page.

• Gadget:

Add simple "import all" for rex files and make it easy to navigate.

Remove gadget from my ipad, because I never use it, but hold onto it because I invested so much in IAP I can't let go.

• BM3:

Add Switch to 8x2 grid.

Remove bulky filing system duplicates.

• Drambo:

Add 8x2 drumpads, but

Remove my overwhelming fear of starting to actually use it and try to understand it. I'm afraid I'll get lost in the deep dark woods.

• Finally,

Apple:

Add headphone jack.

Remove latency to zero.

• Rozeta:

Add another 8 patterns for each module.

Remove Rozeta modules from AUM’s “Audio” AuV3 list.
    I don’t know if this is AUM’s fault, but I don’t see any other “Midi” AuV3s cluttering up AUM’s “Audio” AuV3 list.

• AUM: add a fader view mode for easy mixing of large numbers of tracks. And/or allow a 'swap instrument' mode like apematrix has.

Take away: too many steps needed to connect external midi, make this faster.

• @Gavinski said:
    AUM: add a fader view mode for easy mixing of large numbers of tracks.

This actually works really well:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/visual-mixer/id1482739499

• Thnx jolico, its on my radar, time to investigate!

• AudioKit:
    stable AUv3 platform

Animoog:
    AUv3
    Add AudioKit TuneUp w/ a Synth One style graphical display of the tuning and a color-coded keyboard to match

• Shockwave:

• Take all HaQ’s presets out.
    • Put them all back in.

To be honest, I don’t remember ever buying this app, but here it is, on my iPad, only just noticed it the other day, turned out to be a synth.

• Moog Model 15

Remove: iPad glass
    Add: Knobs and Cables

• @u0421793 said:
    Shockwave:

• Take all HaQ’s presets out.
    • Put them all back in.

To be honest, I don’t remember ever buying this app, but here it is, on my iPad, only just noticed it the other day, turned out to be a synth.

🤣