Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

when the cascades arise

2»

Comments

• @McD said:

@echoopera said:
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I meant no ill will with the track, and sorry if it came across that way in any fashion. I'll be more mindful of this in the future.

No need to censor yourself. I only added context because many of these intellectuals
    surfacing have flaws in their views that might need to be disclosed. Sam Harris, Eric and Bret Weinstein, Jordan Peterson, Tyler Cowan and Peter Theil are brilliant minds that can really provoke me to think deeply about the world and what really needs fixing.

I think Libertarianism is a severely flawed approach to governance along with Anarchy
    on the other end of the scales. There's something pragmatic about balancing polar opposites and refusing to believe in pat answers.

W.R.T. your music I would love it if you would share one of these complete Drambo efforts on PatchStorage to study your techniques or at a minimum describe your workflow to build something like this. Some has posted a question on how to create triggered loops in Drambo and I think you'll know the answer along with @rs2000 and a few others.

I don't know a human being that doesn't have flaws in their views. We can just treat everyone as intellectual adults and accept everyone's personal views even if we don't agree with them and let each individual make their own determination whether they chose to agree with someone else point of view or not. We are all born with the power of free thought. I still don't think this is the place for these discussions. On with the music

• @echoopera said:
    I am going to do a short little walk thru on how i use Drambo with voice over and make that available soon. Not sure what I’ll end up making but it will cover things like:
    FlexiSampler
    Conditionals
    MultiOut
    MidiOut
    And setting it up in AUM.

My normal workflow.

Awesome. There's someone on the AB Forum looking for clues on how to trigger loops
    using a Pad-based controller and someone has shown him your Launchpad(?) with AUM
    setup.

• @McD said: There's someone on the AB Forum looking for clues on how to trigger loops
    using a Pad-based controller and someone has shown him your Launchpad(?) with AUM
    setup.

Ooh! That’s very interesting to me too. @echoopera : is this something you have already explained somewhere? That’d be a vid I’d definitely want to see :)

• daddy...

• Seriously this forum is the best. How many places can find you a thread like this where people don’t lose their cool?

Of course we have our moments, but I think overall this forum exhibits the fundamental idea that every person has dignity and should be treated with respect.

• edited July 2020

Hrmm...this thread gives me an i> @Svetlovska said:

@McD said: There's someone on the AB Forum looking for clues on how to trigger loops
    setup.

Ooh! That’s very interesting to me too. @echoopera : is this something you have already explained somewhere? That’d be a vid I’d definitely want to see :)

I haven’t tackled the specific ask. Trying to understand the desired workflow a bit more but if i do anything, i will definitely post it. But it looks like there may be a solution in play for the post.

• edited July 2020

@echoopera said:
    Went for something a little different this time: art as a war of ideas...

Love the spacious rhythmic vibe. Has an air of hope in the midst of darkness for me. Like the Jordan Peterson sample though would like to hear a version with no vocals too, as it's an excellent "soundtrack for my thoughts" type sound, and after a minute or two I wasn't finding it so easy to follow his words and enjoy the vibe at the same time. But that's just me :)

• edited July 2020

@craftycurate said:

@echoopera said:
    Went for something a little different this time: art as a war of ideas...

Love the spacious rhythmic vibe. Has an air of hope in the midst of darkness for me. Like the Jordan Peterson sample though would like to hear a version with no vocals too, as it's an excellent "soundtrack for my thoughts" type sound, and after a minute or two I wasn't finding it so easy to follow his words and enjoy the vibe at the same time. But that's just me :)

You got it. I’ll repost an instrumental version as there are a few things in this piece i really like. I was trying to hold on to a light in the darkness motif with the track so i am glad you picked up on that. 🙏🏼💕

Maybe I’ll only do German Cake/Dessert recipe samples in the future.*

• @McD, linking Judaeo and Christian in the same breath works pretty well in a chronological way that makes some sense, but conceptually, on a deeper level, there is a significant shift In viewpoint. Especially when it comes to the “Do unto others” bit. The Jews phrase it quite differently.... Do NOT unto others as you would NOT have them do unto you.

This may be the reason Jews make such great standup comedians (with Asians, Mexicans and India Indians coming up fast). The worldview of Jews is much more pessimistic, cynical, sardonic, and skeptical than Jesus could apparently deal with.

I like this thread cause it is the dots on the Yin and Yang when it comes to a making music making forum like this unique one. Without these occasional discussions there would, for me, be a certain lack of soulfulness concomitant with the cold digital digital age we live in. It’s interesting how @echoopera has trod the fine line between Creations and Off Topic. I would feel more comfortable with it placed in the latter category.

However, we are here now and I appreciate the even keeled sentiments I have come to expect from this civil group. My own feelings and thoughts are not quite sorted out. Listening to the piece and reading the responses six months ago would have been quite different for me. I wonder how true that is for the rest of you?

Language is so incredibly powerful. I am struck by three words that Peterson says... “the MALEVOLENCE is so REPREHENSIBLE as to be almost UNSPEAKABLE”. FUCK! Of course, he is absolutely right connecting it with history’s atrocious atrocities. What is unfortunate is that those who seek to influence us easily use their vocabulary on a wide variety of topics. Verbal chicanery is nothing knew. The Greeks labeled it sophistry and Sophists were respected for making the same argument weaker or stronger by turns.

In 1984 Orwell points this out masterfully. The Knewspeak dictionary was vital to the mind control efforts of the Ministry of Truth. The Orwellian counterpoint to a floating brain like Peterson is our own President Thump. He, having the best words, has reduced millions to Pavlovian responses to dumbed down trills and whistles. IMO, people on both ends of the verbal spectrum use generalization to support their agendas. And, inescapably, the inherent falsehood of generalization is the most toxic weapon in the arsenal of those who claim to have a handle on truth.

Echoopera’s eloquent music is overshadowed by a didactic voiceover. Music has always been co-opted for aggressive and manipulative purposes. I know this was not his intent, but it is the unavoidable result. Ask Neil Young.

It is best for me to stop here, but I hope I can express myself in a deeper way somewhere down the road. I know this forum will be tolerant of what I might say and why I am appreciative of the boundaries of ABF being so curiously flexible.

• edited July 2020

I love the measured and coherent responses from everyone. I honestly wasn't sure where the track would end up after posting, but it was for me a clear understanding of the medium and the message being a virus of sort (language being a virus from Outer Space as Burroughs alluded to).

What was presented was a contained message which spread in to many areas of discourse...revealing the inter-connectedness of our species, and the ability we have to create bridges of common understanding when we apply ourselves. When one thinks laterally, the Gaia Principle in nature can emerge and resonate beautifully in logic, rationality and understanding.

So thank you everyone, and blessings to you all.

"When we witness the shadow, we might finally see ourselves within the darkened corners of our unconscious, and the revelation which arises from this encounter can profoundly change our understanding for the better, if we but allow the light to come back in and return us to the world, broken, yet healing and with a greater understanding of who we are as a species..."

@LinearLineman btw, a few others said it should be in OffTopic, so I've asked the mods to move it to that area. Cheers.

• Moved as requested, and thanks for the very interesting read, everyone.

• Sorry @echoopera. I hi-jacked your thread. I know you'll post more work.

• edited July 2020

@McD said:
    Sorry @echoopera. I hi-jacked your thread. I know you'll post more work.

Not at all sir. You provided some info I wasn't aware of which I found refreshing. When one gets sucked in to a rabbit hole, it's always good to know which way is up :)

Follow the bubbles Alice...follow the bubbles! :wink:

• I have decided to make amends and have purchased your new album on BandCamp. It can be found here:

https://echoopera.bandcamp.com/album/the-hopeful-dream-of-eternity

Thank you for the use of the soapbox and a ready audience.

• @McD Aww...you didn't need to do that, but I sincerely appreciate it! :smiley:

• @echoopera, is your quote Carl Jung?

• edited July 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @echoopera, is your quote Carl Jung?

No it's me channeling Mr Jung. My formative years were a hoot :)

Mr Campbell and Jung have been life long companions of mine. 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera, well channeled. You mean Joseph Campbell? A great myth-storian but a raging anti Semite, unfortunately.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @echoopera, well channeled. You mean Joseph Campbell? A great myth-storian but a raging anti Semite, unfortunately.

I'll be honest in saying I'm not that familiar with Campbell. I just read a few articles where they site some former colleagues at college he taught at who made allegations after his death that he was anti semitic based on ancedotal evidence which mostly seems to revolve around differences in political opinions.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @echoopera, well channeled. You mean Joseph Campbell? A great myth-storian but a raging anti Semite, unfortunately.

That's news to me:

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/06/arts/after-death-a-writer-is-accused-of-anti-semitism.html

He hid it well in writings. It didn't get documented until after his death.

• @rms13, a lot of our faves are racists, it seems.

• "art as a war of ideas" ... you give a horse a name ;)

do or do not,
    that's the thing with most re:legions,
    all seem to want you to pick a side,
    go to war for them
    yeah/no thanks ))

on Jordan Peterson, it's my be:lief (not True, but held to be true (from my view and overstanding))he is but a paid piper / angled

the advice of his that i do Love and deeply agree with .... "tidy up!'

again only my belief, but an orgoneized mind is a healthier, happier, wholer mind,
    leaving orgoneized space for growth ))

what this looks like of course, is always up to the individual, so let's do and do not to ourselves and others ))

i ♥ this forum, the Audio bus :) i like the sit where you like policy ∴ )

-----on/0ff topic/ this thread IS a creation

'listening music' for me, is a thing from the tangable days, a tool of remembering
    new music now (for me) is mostly created in the moment by the machine and i
    (and the ♥ that ♥ me to the machine)

it was the deeper discussion that piqued my interest

back when i was using video to thank and overstand my relationship to the mushroom, i used the words of others to gather my thoughts - i also used music -
    wow, the number of grumpytube voices not wanting the music!

@echoopera's creation was beautiful to experience - as a whole - truth be told, i could not hear the words, just the sound

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rms13, a lot of our faves are racists, it seems.

It's dangerous to start applying labels to people you don't know. But that is certainly where our society has gone.

• @rms13, pretty well documented about Campbell. I have done my own research about Sartre. I didn’t know David Duke but I know he was a racist.