Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3 drambo questions

1. how do i monitor audio source coming in as I’m recording into flexi sampler?
  2. how to I add step to sequencer?
  3. how to add more instruments, or tracks?

Comments

• edited July 2020
    1. Make sure the monitor at the bottom is highlighted
    2. Long press on the part and go to beats in pattern
    3. Go to the main track and then hit the plus sign and add track is under generators

• hmm i clicked monitor att bottom ,but still can’t hear audio coming in.

• What are you trying to record into it? Do you have a screen shot you could post of how you have it set up?

• Are you hosted or in standalone?

When hosted and in fx slot you will just need to tap the monitor button to hear the sound coming in..

In standalone you will need an audio in module from generators section and place it at the beginning of the rack (left hand side).

To add a note on the sequencer you just tap on the grid in the place you want. To determine the note just tap the note you want on the keyboard and then tap on the grid where you want the note to happen. To determine note’s length just tap and drag to the right.

To add modules just tap the green plus sign on the rack. To explore presets tap plus sign the choose instrument rack preset button (blue next to ‘instrument rack’, and now you can browse factory preset racks. Factory presets are roughly half way down the list.

@Fingolfinzzz i don’t think there is long press action in Drambo at present.

• @supadom said:
    Are you hosted or in standalone?

When hosted and in fx slot you will just need to tap the monitor button to hear the sound coming in..

In standalone you will need an audio in module from generators section and place it at the beginning of the rack (left hand side).

To add a note on the sequencer you just tap on the grid in the place you want. To determine the note just tap the note you want on the keyboard and then tap on the grid where you want the note to happen. To determine note’s length just tap and drag to the right.

To add modules just tap the green plus sign on the rack. To explore presets tap plus sign the choose instrument rack preset button (blue next to ‘instrument rack’, and now you can browse factory preset racks. Factory presets are roughly half way down the list.

awesome those things worked. now that leads me to a fourth question. can you duplicate complete tracks? if so, how?

• @eross said:

@supadom said:

awesome those things worked. now that leads me to a fourth question. can you duplicate complete tracks? if so, how?

Select the origin track, tap edit, tap fist step on the left and drag right to select (green selection will appear). Then tap copy, select target track, tap first step and tap paste. You’re done! ;)

• i’m trying to copy everything on this pad, and duplicate it to the next pad.

• @supadom said:

@eross said:

@supadom said:

Select the origin track, tap edit, tap fist step on the left and drag right to select (green selection will appear). Then tap copy, select target track, tap first step and tap paste. You’re done! ;)

This is not an mpc! 😂😂😂

• @supadom said:

@supadom said:

@eross said:

@supadom said:

This is not an mpc! 😂😂😂

dangit 😉

• edited July 2020

@eross
    2 steps to copy a pad/track. Copying the instrument, and copying the sequence data.

-1st copy the contents of the track by long pressing the module header till it's highlighted, and press copy.
    -On new track click + module, and select 'paste' from the bottom of the pop up window.
    -Hold and drag to select notes in sequencer, tap on step you want notes to be copied to.

The manual goes over a lot of stuff like this. It's not very dense, so it shouldn't be too much to wade through.
    beepstreet.com/public/downloads/Drambo%20manual.pdf

• @aleyas said:
    @eross
    2 steps to copy a pad/track. Copying the instrument, and copying the sequence data.

-1st copy the contents of the track by long pressing the module header till it's highlighted, and press copy.
    -On new track click + module, and select 'paste' from the bottom of the pop up window.
    -Hold and drag to select notes in sequencer, tap on step you want notes to be copied to.

The manual goes over a lot of stuff like this. It's not very dense, so it shouldn't be too much to wade through.

that was extremely helpful. thanks for the video. wow the more i dig into this app the more powerfull i see it is. it’s pretty incredible.

• There's a trick to copy a very large rack that is wider than the screen:
    Load Drambo as an AUv3, load your patch and resize the AU window (full width but decrease its height) until the modules are small enough to fit on one screen. Then you can select all modules, copy, paste.
    Also great for putting a big creation into an instrument rack afterwards.

• @rs2000 said:
    There's a trick to copy a very large rack that is wider than the screen:
    Load Drambo as an AUv3, load your patch and resize the AU window (full width but decrease its height) until the modules are small enough to fit on one screen. Then you can select all modules, copy, paste.
    Also great for putting a big creation into an instrument rack afterwards.

nice 👍🏻

• The answer to all of your questions in one place:

http://beepstreet.com/public/downloads/Drambo manual.pdf

• @rms13 said:
    The answer to all of your questions in one place:

awesome. thanks

• @eross said:

@rms13 said:
    The answer to all of your questions in one place:

awesome. thanks

You can also tap on any module inside of Drambo for the help menu that explains what that module does. I've learned how to use Drambo by reading the manual through which details all of the basics and watching a few of Ben Richards videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX8g34WRpH3d0x_NdarjEIw

I'm not an expert user yet because it is a very deep app but I've been making music with it every day for a couple of months now and learning new tricks every day.

Also check out all the free patches on Patch Storage (Ben Richards has a lot up there too):

https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

There are some great patches to use as is but they are also good to get your own ideas and learn how other people are designing synths and effects in Drambo.

The official Drambo forum is also great to learn and to get a lot of inspiration from what other people are doing with Drambo:

https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/drambo

• @eross said:

@aleyas said:
    @eross

that was extremely helpful. thanks for the video. wow the more i dig into this app the more powerfull i see it is. it’s pretty incredible.

how did you make it so that all the steps are on one page, instead of multiple pages?

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@aleyas said:
    @eross

how did you make it so that all the steps are on one page, instead of multiple pages?

when you've created an Instrument or Processor rack, you can fold it by hitting the upper right facing arrows.
    Inside a rack, hit the header of each module and enable "Hidden in compact view" for all modules you don't want to appear in compact/folded mode.

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@aleyas said:
    @eross

Tap that button in the middle. I think @rs2000 is having a slow day today😆

• @supadom said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@aleyas said:
    @eross

Tap that button in the middle. I think @rs2000 is having a slow day today😆

Oh, in fact I was relating to the CV sequencer steps! 😁