Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music apps you totally adore or have inspired you

Just curious to discover what apps we truly love and have made a significant positive change in our musical lives.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

There are none. IOS sucks. Every app sucks. Apple said my iPad was as powerful as a computer so I threw mine away. They lied. I wan’t my windows 98 PC back.

• Hahaha!!!!

Love you win buddy!

• Thumbjam ... just the bare simplicity of it ... wonderfully playable ... still sets a benchmark for ease of use and musicality. Sounds terrific after all this time. Delightful little thing. Kids love it ... really little kids actually ... like 2 year olds. That's user friendly isn't it?

• I like and admire lots of things (I must do, I seem to have bought them all :)), but True Love, even if long distance and largely unrequited except for sometimes, those special nights, that soon fade by morning...Egoist.

• For me it was Impaktor. When I realized it could do what my KORG Wavedrums could do, I knew the iPad was a real instrument. Of course, now I can create/layer and modulate several of them in Drambo now. It was worth the wait.😉

• My fave is AUM.

What a fantastic concept to allow apps of virtually any type to come together and unify within a single app!

• Audiobus. Then Thumbjam.

Currently Autony, Aphelian, Polyphase, Layr and FRMS

• Yeah, AUM has to be number one. And the only one that I use in every AUM session, of course, lol. It's the arena where our app addictions play themselves out.

• Mozaic, tonality

• AUM def #1

• Ampify Groovebox
    • Pure Acid
    • AUM
    • Drambo
    • Mozaic
    • SynthDrum-Kick
    • Rozeta
    • MagicDeathEyeStereo
  • Thumbjam 4 everyone

AUM 4 musician/sound(p)layers

but i find each one special in it's >< way,

like rocks thrown in water,

after a while, the ripples may subtle, but they still ripple

• Open a session in AUM. Set fingerfiddle in the input and pass the signal through an effect chain including FF proQ3, FF Saturn, and lastly Stratosphere reverb. Once you're satisfied with your effect chain settings, go back to fingerfiddle and start simulating bow movement with one finger. Immerse yourself in the pad triggered by the tip of your finger. Suddenly, remind yourself that the amazing sound you're getting come from a piece of device you can carry on your knees. Lastly, remember your old Tascam Portastudio. Cry a while. And thank God for the beauty of the human brain.

• Nanostudio 2
    • Korg Gadget
    • Ampify Groovebox
    • Loopy HD
    • Everything by Sugarbytes
  • edited July 2020

All of Bram Bos, Gadget, BM3 when it works, Koala, Turnado, Factory, Drambo, SunVox, Nembrini got me playing a lot more guitar again, Nave, AUM and I’ll just stop there before I fill the page.

• Sugar Bytes Factory.
    SynthMaster One
    Korg ODYSSEi
    MOOG D

• GeoShred Pro

• @JanKun said:
    Open a session in AUM. Set fingerfiddle in the input and pass the signal through an effect chain including FF proQ3, FF Saturn, and lastly Stratosphere reverb. Once you're satisfied with your effect chain settings, go back to fingerfiddle and start simulating bow movement with one finger. Immerse yourself in the pad triggered by the tip of your finger. Suddenly, remind yourself that the amazing sound you're getting come from a piece of device you can carry on your knees. Lastly, remember your old Tascam Portastudio. Cry a while. And thank God for the beauty of the human brain.

Haha, I don't even have fingerfiddle though I heard it is great. This sounds like a really interesting combo.

• @Gavinski said:

@JanKun said:

Haha, I don't even have fingerfiddle though I heard it is great. This sounds like a really interesting combo.

Hi Gavin! Yes that is an amazing combo I have been working on yesterday to create a pad on a song. So immersive.
    Fingerfiddle is really amazing. Judging by the music you produce in your video, I am sure you would love it and find a good use in your productions. You could make a nice tutorial !

• Rozeta Makes my life easier when it comes to starting melodies.
    AUM- Great for multiple reasons I mainly use it to jam and experiment with my sounds. I record mostly in cubasis or BM3.
    Fabfilter- No comment needed
    Sugarbytes- all of their apps are amazing.
    Bram bos- haven’t ran into anything i didn’t like them from, many useful things.
    And lately I’m really loving everything from BLEASS.

• AUM
    Rozeta, especially Particles
    Alteza

• Magellan's intelligent spawn feature. very cool way to come up with endless new sounds.
    • Kosmonaut - awesome delay / loop grooves
    • Scatterbrain - really simple, not over the top glitches
    • Patterning 2!!! so cool. love the amount of control / randomness you can apply + plays well with AUM
    • AUM. (duh)
    • k Devices apps. fun, relatively simple FX tools
    • Touchscaper - awesome chord progressions and just fun to jam with
    • Wotja Pro 20 - the best generative music maker out there. although the UI sucks, and its pretty complicated,
      confusing to learn, its well worth it. My only gripe, is it doesnt play well with others, at least in my experience.

• Soft Drummer - grooving, natural sounding drums.

• FAB Filter Pro series + Saturn 2 - best mixing tools hands down + saturn can get pretty weird.
    • Ruismaker Noir - i wish it had more features, but i still love it. great to get some funky "analog" beats going quickly.

etc etc etc. theres too many

• Auria - without which I wouldn’t have been able to complete 100+ tracks on iOS.

NS2, Gadget, GarageBand, without which I would never have started them.

• AUM with:

• L7 Looper
    • Atom
    • Ravenscroft/Retro Piano
    • Bass 808
    • sEGments
    • Toneboosters
    • Fabfilters

And then take ideas/loops into Cubasis 3.

• Xequence and Audiobus. Never liked idea of a DAW (even more so on a phone) so without those two I wouldn’t have a workflow I liked. Indispensable.

• So many. The first ones are GarageBand, the first NanoStudio, SunVox and ThumbJam.

• @JanKun is right, FingerFiddle is amazing, and just recently updated!

AUM, Xequence, TB Reverb, iSymphonic, BeatHawk, Nembrini (all apps, but PSA1000 to drive their amps), NeoSoul Keys, and the classic BeatMaker TWO.

• This may sound crazy, but i’ve been using Saturn 2 to drive my Nembrini amps with great success — especially Sound Master’s clean channel!

• edited July 2020

Zenbeats, Auditor, Audioshare and FAC are the core. Factory and Aparillo are main synths.

Plus a Dropbox full of samples and freesound.org