Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Everyday Looper , anyone tried it yet?

No Audiobus yet I don't think. 6 audio tracks on an ipad/4 on iphone.

Comments

• I have, I got it a while ago, I liked it. Works as advertised.

• Pretty cool, no AB, but does have copy and paste. It's no Loopy though.

• I had this before Loopy. Once I got Loopy I NEVER looked back. Deleted it in seconds.

• I've had it for quite a long time now, but I've never got as good as this guy:

I come back to it now and then. It's fun and very intuitive. Pretty reduced functionality compared to Loopy, but that's what makes it interesting and useful for special purposes.

• edited March 2014

I almost bought it a few years ago after seeing a video of Reggie Watts using it, but I got Loopy instead for obvious reasons.

• I had it for a long time and used it for a grand total of 7 times... The funny sales pitch sold it really ...but again it's the talent and not the app !!
    Anyway, if you have loopy then you don't need this really..it has a fun way to interact but bit of learning needed and seemed ok at that time
    It has never been updated after that so bummer there.. He could have added AB support and more looping features but seems abandoned I think

• This is the application that introduced me to the notion of live looping. Not as flexible as loopy, but its restrictions taught me the discipline of looping and timing very elegantly. The Publicity and support were amazing, but the software has a tiny footprint and worked fluently on iOS 5 on 3GS, a great shame the developer never joined the Audiobus family, but having seen the refinements possible with loopy, i guess there was no point.

• Same story as everyone else here. Owned it pre-loopy, never really used it again post loopy. Cool UI including very thoughtful use of multitouch gestures to pack a lot of features into the app without adding any UI chrome.

Would be hard at this point to catch up to Loopy but I hope the dev is doing other iOS work. It was good stuff.