Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music apps you don't like or disappointed you

1235»

Comments

• iMPC joke series , BeatMaker3 (aka CrashMaker3), EG Pulse (was expecting to implement a full sampling engine)

• Virsyn Tap Delay.
    It looked good on paper but using it as an effect has always been a total disappointment.
    Not being able to fine-tune tap delay times is one thing but being unable to adjust level and panning of each tap degrades it to a simplistic machine gun effect.

TC VoiceRack FX: Adjustments too limited , basically just a few presets.

Audulus 3: Bought it right after AUv3 support was announced and now, more than a year later, Drambo and miRack are here and Audulus is practically dead.

• edited August 2020

Only disappointed by apps that were abandoned and/or stopped working before I got a chance to really dig in and learn them.
    Zillidrone and Rotor in particular.
    Mazetools Soniface is another that I’d really love if it wasn’t so unstable

• @rs2000 said:
    Virsyn Tap Delay.
    It looked good on paper but using it as an effect has always been a total disappointment.
    Not being able to fine-tune tap delay times is one thing but being unable to adjust level and panning of each tap degrades it to a simplistic machine gun effect.

TC VoiceRack FX: Adjustments too limited , basically just a few presets.

Audulus 3: Bought it right after AUv3 support was announced and now, more than a year later, Drambo and miRack are here and Audulus is practically dead.

Audulus 3 was an excellent playground for me to learn modular fundamentals in, especially with the extensive library of user-patches available for it ..

it’s still the closest thing iOS has to Reaktor or Bitwig’s Grid; though I doubt I’ll ever get my head around the low level DSP functions.

• @Eschatone No question, the available Audulus modules are outstanding, it's just hard to use multiple instances of it in a DAW.

• Enso looper - is a pain to use properly and musically I find.....

• Soft Drummer IAP teasers... 😉

• Apps that works universal, but on iPad only in potrait mode. I hate it to turn the Ipad a quarter often when using multiple apps.

• @gusgranite said:
    Soft Drummer IAP teasers... 😉

Nice one😂 +1

I’m still wondering what’s happening with @LuisMartinez

I’m here prepared to received them😜

• @Identor said:
    Apps that works universal, but on iPad only in potrait mode. I hate it to turn the Ipad a quarter often when using multiple apps.

Same but on iPhone in the reverse, I love a good portrait mode on me phone 😁

• edited August 2020

Crash apps, and eyesores

• I'm almost always disappointed in synths, in some way or another. Why is it so difficult to create a rational midi implementation, I'll never know. Feel like I'm trying to send a rocket to the moon sometimes and all I'm trying to do is adjust the pitch bend settings

• @oat_phipps said:
    Patterning 2 now that step amounts larger than 16 go to a separate page

You can fix this! There’s a setting in there to take it back to the good way w all the steps on one page. I didn’t like it either.

• @Processaurus said:

@oat_phipps said:

You can fix this! There’s a setting in there to take it back to the good way w all the steps on one page. I didn’t like it either.

Wow, that's big news. Thanks for telling me. I'd very much like to continue using it since my samples are half in P1, half in P2.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Processaurus said:

@oat_phipps said:

Wow, that's big news. Thanks for telling me. I'd very much like to continue using it since my samples are half in P1, half in P2.

Yeah, you can fix the colors too, and make them like patterning 1.

2 is a fine update though, with kit changes per pattern, offset timing for flams, new options for dividing time for tricky time signatures, tempo change per pattern. Actually one of the few iOS apps that hasn’t left me cold with some terrible gotcha.

• @sclurbs said:
    I'm almost always disappointed in synths, in some way or another. Why is it so difficult to create a rational midi implementation, I'll never know. Feel like I'm trying to send a rocket to the moon sometimes and all I'm trying to do is adjust the pitch bend settings

I’ve been generally disappointed with midi implementation in iOS. Like a lot of apps don’t have a default assignment, but midi learn isn’t persistent from one preset to another, so you have to re-learn your assignments for every preset? Useless.

Moog does very nice iOS midi implementation, one of the few that will update CC’s back to your midi controller, like if you have lit up rotary encoders.

Korg Gadget is decent, at least they have default CC’s in the back of the manual, like a hardware synth.

• @Processaurus said:

@oat_phipps said:

I wish this setting could be set globally for every project. Sucks you have to do it for each new project and track?