Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drums for backing

DocDoc
edited March 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

Looking for a good drum app that sounds live to write backing tracks ?? Acoustic and bluesy rock singer songwriter type ... Something for bass as well .. Rayzoon I think use to make something that would accompany in a live type way , whatever input it was fed , it didn't sound fake it was like jamming along with a drummer .. No CPU now , it would be nice if they made something similar for phone and live use ???

Comments

• Check out DrumPerfect. It's a new drum app that utilizes very good samples and has a good interface for programming a pretty humanistic feel.

• Looks cool .. Not available in App Store for iPhone 4s ?? May be time to get the CPU Daw up again , investment time ... I like the probability feature :)

• Session band may be your ticket.

• Rock Drum Machine will have AB soon. There's a free version to try.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rock-drum-machine/id725234217?mt=8

• Session band does both bass and drums very well indeed and I agree about RockDrum machine being good also.

• Rayzoon's JamStix for iOS will fill a great void for artificial drum intelligence once Ralph (the developer) finishes up the latest PC beta and Mac VST. I am so looking forward to this as it is the only drum app (program) on the PC that I use.

After that we can look forward to JamBassist which appears to be an artificial intelligent bass player with only correct limbs playable much like JamStix.

For those who have the means on PC/Mac, I would give it a try. I believe there is a demo to try before buying.

• JamStix Looks good.

• @Doc, it sounds like sessionBand was made for you

• edited March 2014

@Keebo said:

Rayzoon's JamStix for iOS will fill a great void for artificial drum intelligence once Ralph (the developer) finishes up the latest PC beta and Mac VST. I am so looking forward to this as it is the only drum app (program) on the PC that I use.

>

JamStix is coming to iOS? Maybe I'll finally try to figure out the pc version. :) I bought it but never really got the hang of it and EZDrummer was so much easier to use.

Now, if Drum Jam did the same thing with loops on regular drum sets that it does with its various percussion instrument loops, I'd probably never need another drum app.

• +1 Rock Drum Machine or Jam Sessions if you just want random groove backgrounds.

• Now, if Drum Jam did the same thing with loops on regular drum sets that it does with its various percussion instrument loops, I'd probably never need another drum app.

I totally agree :)
    I ended up with Drum Jam & SessionBand , upgraded session band with blues , country , piano Latin and acoustic
    Appreciate the help
    Still Jamstix and a bass app like it would be great to take mobile in a one man band setup :)

• @doc couldn't tell from your post but thought you should know that in addition to the generic SessionBand app, there's also a sessionBand blues app specifically for Blues players with a whole bunch of additional loops.

• Very shortly Jam Maestro's updated ipad version will have an awesome implementation of drums and bass, with IAA included. Absolutely incredible.

• Very shortly Jam Maestro's updated ipad version will have an awesome implementation of drums and bass, with IAA included. Absolutely incredible.

• rock drums ...great app

• Wow, 778 MB for the base download of Session Band? Looks like a nice product, but that's a problem for me. Compare what that does to what Rock Drum Machine does at 20.4 MB - it doesn't even make sense!

• The size is due to them using audio instead of midi loops. I prefer midi on ios due to size also but it is still a decent app if you can spare some room. I got rid of the base download and use the rock version It was a bit smaller (I think).

• @cheesesteak said:

Now, if Drum Jam did the same thing with loops on regular drum sets that it does with its various percussion instrument loops, I'd probably never need another drum app.

I don't follow this. What do you mean? How could other preset drum loops be controlled the same as the drum pads? I'd like to understand what you're talking about. If you don't mind explainifying it for me a little ;-)