Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TfxEcho by Ryo Togawa: how does its sound compare with Modley and Dubstation? Walkthrough video.

This is a simple but wonderful-sounding delay based on Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) type delays, but with a higher frequency range for the delay lines. It has great sounding filters and a built-in lfo. Here I let you hear it in comparison with Modley and Dubstation 2, so you can make up your own mind about the sound quality.

If you enjoy this video, please give it a thumbs-up, folks, and remember to subscribe and tap the bell to be notified of future episodes. I’d love to hear in the comments about what your favourite delays are and why. Thanks for watching!

Comments

• Thnx to @Charlesalbert and @anickt for pushing this. You weren't wrong about how good it sounds!

• Nice nice nice. I didn't know AD Dubstation was a BBD - I knew their Ratshack Reverb is.
    I also like Togawa's delay best. Klevgrand's is too complicated for me although you can do beautiful things with it but again, I'm using Togawa's a lot - after TTAP (by far my favourite!)

• @Gavinski just in case you didn't know (I haven't watched the video yet) Woodulator is a BBD emulation too, so maybe you want to compare against it as well

• I do know that, thanks! Should have compared them, indeed. Maybe another time 😂

• Great video @Gavinski 👍

TfxEcho sounds really good

• Thanks man, a simple video today but a useful one. It really sounds so much better than those others imo.

• Thanks for the video, really good tutorial. I thought I convinced myself I don’t need any more delays but you really can hear the difference in sound quality with this

• I thought the same. I didn't plan to get this initially as I thought I would be covered by my other delays. I had a real niggling feeling that I would like it, and I'm glad I gave it a chance cos the quality difference is literally remarkable.

• Beautiful, finally picked this one up. Dirt cheap, straight forward and very good.

• @Slush said:
    Beautiful, finally picked this one up. Dirt cheap, straight forward and very good.

Definitely! Great at what it does!