Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Impc pro2 sample editing is broken Edit : SOLVED.

@Retronyms When samples are copied to other pads and I go into sample edit the start& edit points are not saved . Great not. Impc pro2 says “saving” when exiting sample edit window. I hope another dev does the MPC . You are backed by a big company AKAI. Just goes to show smaller independant devs deserve the full support of iOS users because they seem to care much more about thier products & customers, yet you Retronyms want to continue hiding and selling samples.
Why I’am most not happy is you have not even replied to this issue raised before via email or on this forum. Selling a product on the app store that is broken is not good business. Check your emails . Your game plan always seems to be to sell a product full of bugs , get the customers cash money then instead of fixing bugs you make a new product. I am contacting Apple & Akai about this weird pattern of business . Bad .
Impc Pro 2 issue is on all the iOS13s and my ipad pro, ipad air2 and all my iphones.

Comments

• I just have a very distant memory of iMPC Pro 2 on my iPhone & iPad, they are still installed but seldom used.
    Akai just released desktop MPC Beats for free and it's all the MPC I need for now...

On the iPad BM3 is still untouchable when it comes to sampling even though it too has its share of issues.
    (Can't believe the MPC still lacks things like a pitch envelope and automation of start & end points etc. etc.).

Last time I heard from RNyms (which is a long time ago!) they were planning on key group support and getting the input selection monitoring when sampling to work which if you ask me should have been there from the beginning when iMPC got the 'Pro / Pro 2' stamped on it...

Looking at the free MPC Beats and comparing it with iMPC Pro/Pro 2 feels like a bad, bad joke...

Even though I'm not fully friends with the file management of MPC Beats yet I feel I'll 'get it' sooner or later.
    I hooked up my MPK Mini Mk2 and it works pretty nicely with MPC Beats although the 'fixed knobs' are far from as flexible as rotary encoders for editing.

The most annoying thing is when using the same sample in multiple programs with different loop and slice settings things get messed up or something so I need to duplicate the samples to keep things organized... (Maybe this is just how the MPC works?!).

Anyways, If or when we get an update for iMPC Pro 2 I'll be ok with it but if it turns out to be iMPC Pro 3 it will take a lot to convince be to get it...

• @Samu Retronyms are a joke. Yes I see the free mpc beats for desktop. I already have an mpc studio black and mpc 2.0 software for my laptop. But it for me has toooo many functions and I much prefer iOS apps these days. I have returned to bm3 and staying with it.

• @stormbeats said:
    @Retronyms When samples are copied to other pads and I go into sample edit the start& edit points are not saved . Great not. Impc pro2 says “saving” when exiting sample edit window. I hope another dev does the MPC . You are backed by a big company AKAI. Just goes to show smaller independant devs deserve the full support of iOS users because they seem to care much more about thier products & customers, yet you Retronyms want to continue hiding and selling samples.
    Why I’am most not happy is you have not even replied to this issue raised before via email or on this forum. Selling a product on the app store that is broken is not good business. Check your emails . Your game plan always seems to be to sell a product full of bugs , get the customers cash money then instead of fixing bugs you make a new product. I am contacting Apple & Akai about this weird pattern of business . Bad .
    Impc Pro 2 issue is on all the iOS13s and my ipad pro, ipad air2 and all my iphones.

I always stay away from this developer, their business model described by you is exactly the same as reality.

• @Turok indeed. Its very bad they are still taking customers money on the app store .

• @Samu said:

Looking at the free MPC Beats and comparing it with iMPC Pro/Pro 2 feels like a bad, bad joke...

Does MPC Beats include the full auto sampler from MPC 2.0?

If so, that could be an excellent way to get desktop sounds (Omnisphere, etc) ready for Drambo’s multisampler.

• edited July 2020

@stormbeats try their Twitter .. they are pretty active there (promoting sample packs they are selling through Audiocopy app, that's probably more interesting business for them than fixing broken apps lol)

https://twitter.com/retronyms

• @Eschatone said:

@Samu said:

If so, that could be an excellent way to get desktop sounds (Omnisphere, etc) ready for Drambo’s multisampler.

@Eschatone hi can you post this in the mpc beats post. This post is a Retronyms issue for impc pro2 . Cool

• @dendy said:
    @stormbeats try their Twitter .. they are pretty active there (promoting sample packs they are selling through Audiocopy app, that's probably more interesting business for them than fixing broken apps lol)

https://twitter.com/retronyms

@dendy thanks but no. I am done with Retronyms. Let down by their app bugs.

• @Eschatone said:

As far as I can see the auto sampler is included :)

Only known limitation seems to be maximum 8 midi tracks and 2 audio tracks and not as much factory content.
    (There's roughly 4GB of content once all the 'free stuff' including the additional downloads are installed).

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of looping instruments sounds.
    It's the messed ups 'all/pad/slice' thing that screws things up even when there is only one sample in use.

So all in all I just loop the sound in the sample-editor prior to assigning it to a program or key group and if I need to 'slice' the sample I just duplicate it first since). And if I need to do looping on a slice I extract it to a new sample first.

All in all, it's worth the download!
    No iLock or any kinda of silly copy-protection stuff and it even includes an uninstaller that clears out everything except user created content.

• @stormbeats said:
    I have returned to bm3 and staying with it.

I just wish BM3 would get an update to remedy the excessive file duplication when editing samples and could also hide all the temporary session files it creates. My samples still go 'missing' even when I try to be super careful in saving the samples after editing and re-loading them to pads so the pad name actually has the correct filename...

Looking at the 'session structure' of MPC Beats that is something BM3 could 'copy' even if it means copying imported samples into the session folder... (This is the way trackers such as Renoise works and I'm perfectly fine with it!).

So I can just launch the app, and if I end up with something I don't like all the 'slack' is removed when I quit the app or create a new session...

No need to do manual cleanup :)

• @Samu said:

@Eschatone said:

As far as I can see the auto sampler is included :)

Only known limitation seems to be maximum 8 midi tracks and 2 audio tracks and not as much factory content.
    (There's roughly 4GB of content once all the 'free stuff' including the additional downloads are installed).

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of looping instruments sounds.
    It's the messed ups 'all/pad/slice' thing that screws things up even when there is only one sample in use.

Sweet! It’s worth the download for the auto-sampler alone — one of the most straightforward I’ve tried; Bare minimum of parameters needed to create up to 4 velocity layers in any range/note stride. Only drawback is the initial note length has a minimum of one second — which should be lower to be able to extract plucks from sustained instruments.

Definitely a powerful platform though, and more than enough tracks for a lot of people’s uses. It’s nice that there are so many great options now for people starting out or on a tight budget.

If I didn’t already have Maschine and Deluge, I probably would have stuck with MPC Live that I had for a couple weeks. It’s a pretty straightforward workflow once you get your head around a few of the Akai platform peculiarities.

• @Eschatone said:

Sweet! It’s worth the download for the auto-sampler alone — one of the most straightforward I’ve tried; Bare minimum of parameters needed to create up to 4 velocity layers in any range/note stride. Only drawback is the initial note length has a minimum of one second — which should be lower to be able to extract plucks from sustained instruments.

You'd still need to trim and loop the samples :)
    I generally don't trust auto-looping and avoid cross fades...

But yeah, for the price of 'Free' (ok you give them your we-mail for 'spam' but) one really can't complain :)

• The crazy thing about iMPC Pro 2 is that, in my eye, on the iPhone, it's the best for quickly loading samples onto pads. Better than EG Pulse and definitely better than DigiStix. The immediacy of being able to switch to 16 levels is really nice too. But I've had too many problems with notes being dropped in Song mode and knowing Retronyms history of develop and forget-it, I tend not to put too much trust in their CI/CD scheme. Anyone seen TableTop and Wej chilling anywhere?

That said, they literally just posted an updated to AudioCopy with Files support and Dark mode as I'm typing this. Too funny.

• Audiocopy.app was just updated with Files.app support, Darkmode and some other fixes :)

So, dare we hope that other updates will drop soon too?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:
    Audiocopy.app was just updated with Files.app support, Darkmode and some other fixes :)

@Samu are the Audiocopy files now listed alphabetical or still a mess. I guess a mess.

• @Samu said:
    Audiocopy.app was just updated with Files.app support, Darkmode and some other fixes :)

So does this mean that we can now import from AudioShare into iMPC pro (when the sampling edit function is fixed) without any fuss via the Files app?
    I didn’t see a mention of this update in the AppStore @Samu - is it a very recent update?
    If this is working out the way I’m hoping - I may well be having a look at Looperverse to see what’s going on there.

• edited July 2020

@stormbeats said:

@Samu are the Audiocopy files now listed alphabetical or still a mess. I guess a mess.

In Files.app they are sorted properly but in AudioCopy.app the packs are listed in the order they were downloaded or something?!

Let's just pretend they are sorted using 'Retronym Logic' and very few grasp how they roll their things...
    ...I won't even bother to try and understand...

• Ok I done further testing and have exchanged emails with Retronyms today. The sample editing issues I had was with 48khz audiofiles. iMPC PRO 1&2 only likes 16/24bit at 44.1khz

• @robosardine said:

So does this mean that we can now import from AudioShare into iMPC pro (when the sampling edit function is fixed) without any fuss via the Files app?

I always put the samples in the iMPC Pro 2 folders using Files.app and that's the best we'll get...
    ...If and when I try to use iMPC Pro 2 without making it crash...

Copy the files using Files.app from AudioShare folder into iMPC Pro 2 / Apps and one of the sub folders.
    (OR if you need to use samples from iMPC Pro 2 in any other apps browse to it's folder using Document Picker).

It's nice to use Auditor.app to edit the files stored inside AudioCopy & iMPC Pro 2 though...

I didn’t see a mention of this update in the AppStore @Samu - is it a very recent update?

Just popped up about 1 hour ago...

I won't spend more energy on this, so sorry If I'm short on replies in this tread or any other R-Nyms thread it just drains energy...

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

In Files.app they are sorted properly but in AudioCopy.app the packs are listed in the order they were downloaded or something?!

Let's just pretend they are sorted using 'Retronym Logic' and very few grasp how they roll their things...
    ...I won't even bother to try and understand...

@samu :) true my understanding of Rnyms causes brain pain.

• I bought impc pro 2 for super cheap on sale and like the fact that you can sample straight from Spotify (only first bit of song but good enough). From that alone I’ve got my moneys worth probably. Tried using the rest of the app and gave up after about an hour of consecutive bugs.

• @gregsmith said:
    I bought impc pro 2 for super cheap on sale and like the fact that you can sample straight from Spotify (only first bit of song but good enough). From that alone I’ve got my moneys worth probably. Tried using the rest of the app and gave up after about an hour of consecutive bugs.

I 'sample' Spotify and other sources from my Apple TV...
    ...the TV is connected to my audio-interface and the quality is good enough for me :)
    (I could step it up a notch by connecting TV the to an audio-interface via tos-link and avoid one extra AD/DA step but...).

iMPC Pro 2 could be nice if it was kept up to date!
    Akai's done a good job with the UI on the MPC X/Live/One and that could work on iPad as well, especially with an external controller.

I know my iPad has sent numerous crashlogs from iMPC Pro 2 to the developers and it's up to them to catch and fix them...

But yeah, it's the crashes, polyphony glitches (sometimes events play, sometimes they don't?!), quirky piano roll and lack of key-group program support hat makes it a bit meh... (I mean some of the IAP sound packs just contain the 'melodic demo tune' instead of the single shots that are used for a key group program with accompanied midi-file like WTF?!).

But let's see, as long as the next move is not iMPC Pro 3 I'll be somewhat ok with it...

• @Samu said:

@robosardine said:

I always put the samples in the iMPC Pro 2 folders using Files.app and that's the best we'll get...
    ...If and when I try to use iMPC Pro 2 without making it crash...

Copy the files using Files.app from AudioShare folder into iMPC Pro 2 / Apps and one of the sub folders.
    (OR if you need to use samples from iMPC Pro 2 in any other apps browse to it's folder using Document Picker).

It's nice to use Auditor.app to edit the files stored inside AudioCopy & iMPC Pro 2 though...

Just popped up about 1 hour ago...

I won't spend more energy on this, so sorry If I'm short on replies in this tread or any other R-Nyms thread it just drains energy...

😂 You’re spot on there @Samu. They’ve had enough chances. What was I thinking? In the words of Jason Manford they can rearrange the following two words into a popular phrase or saying - the first word is ‘off’ ........

• Retronyms are the weirdest. All their apps have had so much potential but are sadly left half-baked while they move onto a new cash grab.

• The audiocopy samples don’t even want to download most the time either, even ones I bought. I can’t deal with any of their apps anymore

• Hi all, Jordan from Retronyms here! Please accept my apology for not getting back to you sooner. @stormbeats and I have been emailing back and forth a bit the last couple days. Like he mentioned, we found that he was using samples which were 48kHz, and that was causing the issue he was seeing. However, in our next Pro 2 update we are going to work on expanding the compatible sample formats. Currently, 16bit .wav files at 44.1 kHz work best, although other standard formats can work too.

Like some of you pointed out, we just released an AudioCopy update that has bug fixes and a better UI for iOS 13. We updated Pro 2 with a bunch of bug fixes a few months ago, and we hope that our next update will include some new features, and bug fixes. Thanks for bearing with us-- Pro 2 is a pretty complicated app as you might imagine, and making sure that our updates are useful can take a bit of time and a whole lot of testing.

@Fingolfinzzz could you tell me more about what is going on, such as any error messages you get? If you email me at [email protected] we can exchange images, videos, information in a more organized fashion.

• @Retronyms said:
    Hi all, Jordan from Retronyms here! Please accept my apology for not getting back to you sooner. @stormbeats and I have been emailing back and forth a bit the last couple days. Like he mentioned, we found that he was using samples which were 48kHz, and that was causing the issue he was seeing. However, in our next Pro 2 update we are going to work on expanding the compatible sample formats. Currently, 16bit .wav files at 44.1 kHz work best, although other standard formats can work too.

Like some of you pointed out, we just released an AudioCopy update that has bug fixes and a better UI for iOS 13. We updated Pro 2 with a bunch of bug fixes a few months ago, and we hope that our next update will include some new features, and bug fixes. Thanks for bearing with us-- Pro 2 is a pretty complicated app as you might imagine, and making sure that our updates are useful can take a bit of time and a whole lot of testing.

@Fingolfinzzz could you tell me more about what is going on, such as any error messages you get? If you email me at [email protected] we can exchange images, videos, information in a more organized fashion.

@Retronyms thanks for your input on here. I have re edited post as SOLVED.

• @Retronyms said:
    Hi all, Jordan from Retronyms here! Please accept my apology for not getting back to you sooner. @stormbeats and I have been emailing back and forth a bit the last couple days. Like he mentioned, we found that he was using samples which were 48kHz, and that was causing the issue he was seeing. However, in our next Pro 2 update we are going to work on expanding the compatible sample formats. Currently, 16bit .wav files at 44.1 kHz work best, although other standard formats can work too.

What’s going on with Looperverse? Great app when it’s not crashing.

• @stormbeats said:
    ...Your game plan always seems to be to sell a product full of bugs , get the customers cash money then instead of fixing bugs you make a new products...

I am happy to hear that they eventually were in touch and helped solve the problem. It must be a difficult balancing act for any company to make decisions on when to move on to a new project (in hopes of new sales) or keep working on an old one with diminishing returns.

Interestingly, I just got this in my mailbox...

Hope they decide on something awesome...
    Between Hook, Tabletop, and iMPC, iMPC Pro, and iMPC Pro 2, and iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone, I feel like I should know better... but I will probably still buy it ;)