Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar strumming app

Hey everyone, I love playing garage band guitar for strumming, the layout of chords that arrange the 6 string along one chard note is the the easiest and the app is VERY responsive. But, and that is a big one for me, the sound is vary limited and no clean sound to sand to manipulate outside garage. Is there other app that have this kind of layout? Ikon will ifretless is great and so is guitarism but I’m not sure if you can play them like that.

Comments

• @shuky_phuky : I’m not a guitarist, but this seems pretty cool to me, and it sounded pretty guitary and strummy when I used it:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/jam-maestro-create-guitar-tab/id596628003

• There are several options (Guitarism etc) but would be great to see an AU Midi FX strumming app. KB1 is the closest but you can't customise the chords.

• edited July 2020

How about RhythmBud - AUv3 MIDI FX by Cem Olcay

It let's you set strum patterns for the different rhythm sections.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1484320891

• ChordPolyPad also has nice strumming settings on a per pad basis.

• @White said:

Thanks for reminding me of the app, I had that app already installed and was looking for something like this :D
    (Being an app-o-holic is not always easy as it's easy to forget what 'fixes' one has already taken lol).

• edited July 2020

Funny you should mention that... I’ve been working on something similar!

• @shuky_phuky said:
    Hey everyone, I love playing garage band guitar for strumming, the layout of chords that arrange the 6 string along one chard note is the the easiest and the app is VERY responsive. But, and that is a big one for me, the sound is vary limited and no clean sound to sand to manipulate outside garage. Is there other app that have this kind of layout? Ikon will ifretless is great and so is guitarism but I’m not sure if you can play them like that.

I think you are looking for moForte Guitar :
    http://www.moforte.com/moforte-guitar-app/

• @Paulo164 said:

@shuky_phuky said:

This app has zero connectivity, is it right?

• @Samu said:

@White said:

Thanks for reminding me of the app, I had that app already installed and was looking for something like this :D
    (Being an app-o-holic is not always easy as it's easy to forget what 'fixes' one has already taken lol).

😂😂
    Same here. I didn't know that ChordPolyPad had strumming options..

• Guitarism...nice tones...but barely any touch response and no auto strumming...
    There must be another better one with connectivity for guitarists in mind?
    I’d buy a better app, as my fingers not that long and I struggle with jazz voicing in guitar, or any time if barring, and chords like F or Bb forget it......

• Any type of barred chords I meant....

• @TonalityApp said:

👍 looks cool

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Paulo164 said:

@shuky_phuky said:

This app has zero connectivity, is it right?

The version history mentions IAA and Audiobus have been added in v1.7 (and also Airturn in v1.8). No AU though.
    And no update since 3 years.

• @Krupa said:

@TonalityApp said:

👍 looks cool

It does indeed. If I'm interepreting the screenshot correctly it's exactly what I'm looking for. Is the blue and lighter blue vertical strip on the right a set of virtual guitar strings that can be 'strummed' based on the chord selected on the pads?

• don't forget about GuitarCapo (it does barre chords - & 4 different autostrum types) and OMGuitar (recently updated! it has a bunch of built-in stum patterns) - both pretty decent!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/guitarcapo/id677707679

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/omguitar-with-fx-and-autoplay/id413803615

• @charalew Yup! And you can pick out notes individually. If you want I can add you to the beta when it's ready – sounds like you'd have good feedback

• @TonalityApp That'll be an awesome addition to your already smokin' app..

• @TonalityApp said:
    @charalew Yup! And you can pick out notes individually. If you want I can add you to the beta when it's ready – sounds like you'd have good feedback

Yep please. I've already bought Tonality but have been looking for something like this for a while:-)

• @charalew Okay if you PM me your email I'll add you!

• @TonalityApp an understanding of guitar strings, tuning and chord forms is really important to generate a realistic guitar feel. Simply strumming a C-E-G wouldn’t be terribly useful for “guitar” strumming. Having to translate a fretboard chords onto a keyboard for entry into an app is also less than ideal.

I’ve also found that poly synths are ok but not great. Not surprisingly GeoShred worked really well since it supports a mode of mapping strings to midi channels and knows that any string can only play a single note at a time. It would be nice if the strummer also supported generating this kind of midi.

• @TonalityApp said:
    @charalew Okay if you PM me your email I'll add you!

Done - thanks:-)

• @xor I understand that completely and I know this isn't for everyone. My goal isn't necessarily to recreate a physical guitar, but it was similar enough to what some users would want so I figured I'd share. I also do have some ideas to make the entry more palatable

• I keep hoping AAS will bring Strum2 to ios

• @xor said:
    @TonalityApp an understanding of guitar strings, tuning and chord forms is really important to generate a realistic guitar feel. Simply strumming a C-E-G wouldn’t be terribly useful for “guitar” strumming. Having to translate a fretboard chords onto a keyboard for entry into an app is also less than ideal.

I’ve also found that poly synths are ok but not great. Not surprisingly GeoShred worked really well since it supports a mode of mapping strings to midi channels and knows that any string can only play a single note at a time. It would be nice if the strummer also supported generating this kind of midi.

It's a very valid point @xor but personally I'm happy to spend a bit of time setting up 'guitar' chords on the keyboard. It's easy enough once you've done it a couple of times. Obviously it would be even better to have a bank of guitar chord inversions as a starting point but just having strumming in Tonality will be a major step forward, 'cos there's nothing else that lets you strum user-defined chords in an AU Midi effect. Goeshred is brilliant for lead lines and 'plucking' but you can't strum with it.

• Mozaic has a couple scripts Strummer- generate strumming patterns, or chord delay - which delays each note by the amount you set

• @TonalityApp that sounds awesome. Man I love that app, I use it almost every session.

• Has anyone mentioned LK by Imaginado? It has a strum feature in the chord module.

• xorxor
    edited July 2020

@charalew said:
    Goeshred is brilliant for lead lines and 'plucking' but you can't strum with it.

Sure you can. Set it to multi-channel mode and send each note on a different channel. One of my first Mozaic projects was going to be a strummer.

• I've got a Mozaic script in the works, its current title is "Chord Strummer XY".

You can check out a quick demo here.

@TonalityApp That looks really fun...if you need any more beta testers, I'd love to participate and provide feedback.

• Echo guitar Pro might be worth a look it has strumming and strumming patterns. MIDI out.

Jam maestro would be a better choice since the dev is still active.

There’s also an old app that still runs on ios13.xx called Guitar Pro which is Pretty comprehensive. Custom strum patterns, Manila scruffiness. Chord editing. Pads for playback... kind of like an different version of Jam Maestro.

Guitar Capo does well too, as does ChordPadPoly which can vary the velocities nicely.

If you want crazy try Thesys or Arpeggiognome Pro. I would say try Arpeggist by Virsyn but it’s flakey.