Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum collabs / remixes etc

Comments

• @iOSTRAKON You are quite the provocateur! 😉

• That’s a nice way to put it 😉

@hypnopad said:
    @iOSTRAKON You are quite the provocateur! 😉

• edited July 2020

@hypnopad said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Y'all really ought to discover Endlesss for your collaborative endeavors. Just sayin

I always assumed it was about loops not songs. If I’m wrong then it might be a better alternative. Have you tried it ?

I'm a big fan and participate often. There are many great examples on their forums of loops leading to songs. Folks here will want to tightly control their creative process which I understand. It’sa shame though because the Endlesss flow leads to “losing control” and the ultimate jam serendipity. It’s the future of music after AI can write better songs than any human.

And there’s no need to open up jams to the masses if you don’t want to. Two people can jam away privately.

• @DukeWonder said:

@AudioGus said:
    Alrighty @DukeWonder what are your weapons of choice? Daw/hosts etc.

I can do CB3 or NS2. Prefer CB3 though for sure.

Sounds good, lets use CB3. Care to serve?

• edited July 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@hypnopad said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Y'all really ought to discover Endlesss for your collaborative endeavors. Just sayin

I always assumed it was about loops not songs. If I’m wrong then it might be a better alternative. Have you tried it ?

I'm a big fan and participate often. There are many great examples on their forums of loops leading to songs. Folks here will want to tightly control their creative process which I understand. It’sa shame though because the Endlesss flow leads to “losing control” and the ultimate jam serendipity. It’s the future of music after AI can write better songs than any human.

And there’s no need to open up jams to the masses if you don’t want to. Two people can jam away privately.

I do love Endlesss but mostly when I can feed it external sounds and at the moment it is a bit limited. Loading in and stretch/pitching loops would be awesome. External recording ipad to ipad with link is super sweet now that it is stereo and sounds great but that whole not laying on the couch making music part...

• edited July 2020

this thread rox, i can do vs. with someone , just ping this thread ( sound will be destroyed ofc ) :#

• Here’s my manipulation of the @noob collab // have a feeling we’ll meet again

• wtf> @iOSTRAKON said:

Here’s my manipulation of the @noob collab // have a feeling we’ll meet again

campfire dance with 10 cyborgs anno 2088 haha fking great

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I can hear that! I’m good friends with Claus Larsen. Industrial Legend and great guy

Well jeez, that is pretty darned cool!

• edited July 2020

gonna send more unprocessed trax next VS so its more open for destroying

• Thanks, man! Love the improv aum sessions. Our sounds definitely mesh well!

@noob said:

@noob said:
    wtf> @iOSTRAKON said:

Here’s my manipulation of the @noob collab // have a feeling we’ll meet again

campfire dance with 10 cyborgs anno 2088 haha fking great. im gonna send you more unprocessed trax next VS, jesus that ending was top notch

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I can hear that! I’m good friends with Claus Larsen. Industrial Legend and great guy

@AudioGus said:

@Gravitas said:

ooook first lamb to the slaughter :#

@iOSTRAKON and @noob

Now that's cheeky.

Both you and @noob have had a head start.

Wicked track.

Reminds me of my NIN days and stage diving.

Oh this giveS me nice Klute and Controlled Bleeding flashbacks. :)

Oh looks like some Drum n Bass guy swiped Klute so it is now Klutæ

• @AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gravitas said:

@iOSTRAKON and @noob

Now that's cheeky.

Wicked track.

Klutæ???

😂

• BTW when i was n00dling i found that AUM can take special characters in busnames... nerdy and cool

• @noob said:
    BTW when i was n00dling i found that AUM can take special characters in busnames... nerdy and cool

Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for sharing.

• Yep, matches his main project leætherstrip

@Gravitas said:

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gravitas said:

@iOSTRAKON and @noob

Now that's cheeky.

Wicked track.

Klutæ???

😂

• edited July 2020

yaman i just used this site for the text thing https://www.fancytextguru.com/

type in bus master etc and copy paste į̵̜̈́̊̑͗̚͘̚͠ŏ̷̱͙̥͍̣͔͉̫̮͒̈́̈́̕s̴̨͔̫͔͈̘̤͍͙̓͆͂̃̆̍̈́̓ṯ̴̡̫͙͙̥͗́̒ͅr̵̼̟͖̰̭͔̘̞̓͂̔̈́̀̈͗̋͝͝ͅa̷̭̾̅̄͌̓̑̀̔ķ̵̱͓͋̏͆̽́̎͛͠ó̵̭̗̙͙̫n̸̟̟̜͓̯̍̋͝ 🅶🆁🅰🆅🅸🆃🅰🆂 🄰🅄🄳🄸🄾🄶🅄🅂 l̳u̳k̳e̳s̳l̳e̳e̳p̳w̳a̳l̳k̳e̳r̳

thats text btw not a picture

• @noob said:
    yaman i just used this site for the text thing https://www.fancytextguru.com/

type in bus master etc and copy paste

Wicked.

Thanks for the link.

• Okay so I’m confused. Are these collabs or battles? Full songs or a few bars?

• Collabs that can be created in different ways.
    The one we just did, I did the vox and @noob created his drums, drones etc and created it within AUM. He sent me his aum project and then I used most of his setup but added drums and then manipulated his aum session.

Users can follow the same workflow or share stems and write in any daw they like. Mix styles, share presets, create chaos

@DukeWonder said:
    Okay so I’m confused. Are these collabs or battles? Full songs or a few bars?

• edited July 2020

@DukeWonder said:

I am friend of the rivet head people so assumed the VS implied a collab like Die Krupps vs Front Line Assembly

I'd be cool with something like...

Send me a four bar loop Cubasis3 project, then I will layer/ noodle and send it back to you. We could use the same synths and FX (If we have them. maybe list them via PM?) or just do a bunch of stemfest / audio. what say?

• edited July 2020

No rules or boundaries to this process. Share noise and ideas.

@AudioGus said:

@DukeWonder said:

I am friend of the rivet head people so assumed the VS implied a collab like Die Krupps vs Front Line Assembly

Send me a four bar loop Cubasis3 project, then I will layer/ noodle and send it back to you. We could use the same synths and FX (If we have them. maybe list them via PM?) or just do a bunch of stemfest / audio. what say?

• @iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

@DukeWonder said:

I will compose the first salvo tonight while I sleep. You can find the tape under the bear skin rug In the taco bus.

• Which taco bus????

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

@DukeWonder said:

I will compose the first salvo tonight while I sleep. You can find the tape under the bear skin rug In the taco bus.

• Honoured to be asked, tempted, bit intimidated, but might be good for me 😁

• It’s a great experience // challenge

@Krupa said:

Honoured to be asked, tempted, bit intimidated, but might be good for me 😁

• @AudioGus said:

@DukeWonder said:

Messaged you. Sounds like a ton o fun

• @wim Thought you’d like to know that the song starter I sent to @Gravitas started out as an experiment to see if I could compose a song with just one finger on one pad. I used three layered Mozaic hypno sequences (bass- with rests/piano/pad) triggering three instances of Continua. The left hand changed between two presets and also modulated parameters of two of the Continuas via the Touché controller. Can’t wait to hear what this collaboration ends up sounding like. Thanks again for making this incredible tool.

• How TF did I not see this thread?