Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig Blueboard on iPad? Anyone got it working?

I’ve had my Blueboard since about 2013. Didn’t use it for a while. Updated f/w in about 2016 for BLE MIDI. Now I’ve dug it out again I remember why I put it away last time! It works just fine with my iPhone 6S - connects using BT MIDI in all apps that have that. But I use an iPad 2018 for my music making and it has the dreaded “connected->disconnected” problem where it only connects for a second or so. Tried it also on my 2nd Gen iPad Pro and another 2018 iPad. All do exactly the same. All will, of course, work happily using the Blueboard software, but that’s only CC or PC. So has anyone got any tips on how to get it to work with the newer iPads? Is it something to do with the BT chips onboard, vs the BT chips in my old iPhone?

Tia.

Comments

• @robman84 said:
    I’ve had my Blueboard since about 2013. Didn’t use it for a while. Updated f/w in about 2016 for BLE MIDI. Now I’ve dug it out again I remember why I put it away last time! It works just fine with my iPhone 6S - connects using BT MIDI in all apps that have that. But I use an iPad 2018 for my music making and it has the dreaded “connected->disconnected” problem where it only connects for a second or so. Tried it also on my 2nd Gen iPad Pro and another 2018 iPad. All do exactly the same. All will, of course, work happily using the Blueboard software, but that’s only CC or PC. So has anyone got any tips on how to get it to work with the newer iPads? Is it something to do with the BT chips onboard, vs the BT chips in my old iPhone?

Tia.

I have a Blueboard and 2018 iPad. I have never had a problem with disconnects.

• Thanks. Is it the mk1, with the usb socket in the battery compartment, or the mk2 that doesn’t? Thanks

• It’s working fine on my Air, I’m waiting for an IPad Pro to be delivered with the next week , I hope it works with that too. It’s the 1st gen Blueboard with the usb connector

• Gonna try reflashing the f/w since I’ve found a windows 7 machine to use (hates win 10 keeps booting the device out, which i think is how -eople end up bricking them)

• Ah, success! I re-flashed (which may remove some files that tell it what it was paired to?) and only connected it to the studio iPad and it has worked. Phew!

• yes, it works well. I just wish I could map the expression pedal output more easily!

• @oceansinspace said:
    yes, it works well. I just wish I could map the expression pedal output more easily!

In what way do you want to remap it? It is pretty simple to set up such a thing in Mozaic or Streambyter

• @robman84 There's a little catch with BT devices like keyboards that connect automatically, when they're paired with more than one device (iPad, iPhone, etc.). When they call out for a connection, one device grabs them, and they cannot connect to any other. You actually need to "forget this device" in the BT settings of the other devices, or turn BT off in them. I expect this applies to BT MIDI devices also.

• Yeah, I tried turning off BT on every other device nearby, but it was only the reflash that seemed to reset it properly. Happy now, though! I modded mine to add guitar stomp switches and used it exclusively with Quantiloop. Will do so again now :-)

• edited July 2020

I have only used blueboard with Luminair 3 and it works perfectly.