Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atmospheric Jazz inspired jam

Churning out the AUM jams this morning! This one started out as an ambient track with Mononoke and a little Retro Piano. Ended up adding a bass track (AudioKit’s Sub 808) and some drums courtesy of Drambo Multi-out. Finished with a nice reverberated (Eventide Blackhole) trumpet SoundFont.

Comments

• Hmm, sorry about the click/pop when I engaged the mix bus. I didn’t hear that first time around. Should’ve had all that set up before hand I reckon.

• Hey gang, I do realize that this is almost 5 minutes that you’re never going to get back, so if you skip ahead to about the 2 minute mark (where I finally have things going the way I want them), it’ll be less than 3 minutes of your time! :)

I’m looking for feedback. I was proud of this one, as I’m trying to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. That, and I’ve never considered myself a jazz player, but I ended up in this zone while composing this one, and felt this vibe where I thought “this really needs a Louis Armstrong, or Herb Alpert sounding trumpet part”.

Thoughts?

• I love it. I’ve kinda slunk into a similar space recently without even meaning to. Please do more!

• I’d put the piano forward more. The bass is in your face but the rest has too much distance unless there is a lead line above it, IMO. Yes, it’s a good foundation for an improvised horn line. Try iFretless Brass Euphonium. Sounds good.

• edited August 5

@LinearLineman said:
    I’d put the piano forward more. The bass is in your face but the rest has too much distance unless there is a lead line above it, IMO. Yes, it’s a good foundation for an improvised horn line. Try iFretless Brass Euphonium. Sounds good.

Thank you!

Question; did you stick around for the horn line?

Yeah, the bass is rather loud in the mix, you’re right. Thanks again! This is the kind of feedback I need!

@qryss said:
    I love it. I’ve kinda slunk into a similar space recently without even meaning to. Please do more!

Thanks! Yes! I love those musical journeys where you just get lost... the GF will say to me at times “you’re being really distant today”... I’ll think to myself “you have no idea!”

• Horn line (albeit a simple one) begins at 3:12 ;)

• Yeah, I heard it. Just suggesting something to add on top.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yeah, I heard it. Just suggesting something to add on top.

Gotcha. Thank you for listening and for the suggestions! Your constructive critique is very much appreciated.

I have to say, just over the last few months or so of making music on iOS/iPadOS, I’ve learned more about music, music theory, and music production than I ever have in my 35 plus years of playing guitar!

You people here on the forums are a huge part of that. So thank you for being a part of my musical journey in life!