Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4pockets Updates: Digistix / Evolver / Nurack / Chameleon

Comments

• Thank you 4Pockets! I own all four and they are all great and now even greater 👍🏻

• EvolverFX with multi-out is amazing. One of the very best app to play live music

• Nu rack looks to keep growing... thanks for the updates.
    Do you have all of these apps?

• @cuscolima said:
    EvolverFX with multi-out is amazing. One of the very best app to play live music

How do you use it?

• @cuscolima said:
    EvolverFX with multi-out is amazing. One of the very best app to play live music

KQD yesterday, EvolverFX today! Multi-out wins all around.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@cuscolima said:

How do you use it?

I simply use it in AUM, starting with a preset and adapting the sequences or songs. Then it is very much a drone approach with some variations from time to time. For example, you can hear it starting at 0:45 in the example below.

• Thanks @cuscolima. Sounds nice in that context.

I keep waiting for a video that shows construction of a performance with samples that sound like they were made post 1989. No offense to Paul but the current presets don't really show off the possibilities.

• edited July 2020

ouf.. Digistix bought. burp*

• edited July 2020

update; This is the all in one drummer for AUM.. loads any sample..(bundled sounds are really good tbh) 8 outs and easy on cpu. awesome @iOSTRAKON you sold this already from your vids B)

• I want evolver but it costs £9.99, so I went to complete a bundle, the other two apps which I already own. Price? £10.99 😂

• @audio_DT said:
    I want evolver but it costs £7.99, so I went to complete a bundle, the other two apps which I already own. Price? £10.99 😂

• edited July 2020

@audio_DT stix STYX was not in my bundle (chamelion) but it oke 8bucks , yeah 4p bundleprices are random

• I had a feeling you’d like it. Easy to use, haven’t had any issues with it. Plus you can create a song with it.

@noob said:
    update; This is the all in one drummer for AUM.. loads any sample..(bundled sounds are really good tbh) 8 outs and easy on cpu. awesome @iOSTRAKON you sold this already from your vids B)

• @noob said:
    @audio_DT stix STYX was not in my bundle (chamelion) but it oke 8bucks , yeah 4p bundleprices are random

Yeah, I might try to write to him to ask him what the crack is on this one, since it obviously makes zero sense.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I had a feeling you’d like it. Easy to use, haven’t had any issues with it. Plus you can create a song with it.

@noob said:

Yeah, agree - digistix is a quality app. I really don't like 4pockets UIs but the functionality is spot on.

• edited July 2020

yep its agree on the ui.. its horrible to look at, works good tho

• is there any reason to get stix if you have keys? they seem very identical.

• From the four apps, I definitely use Evolver the most, because it is super easy to create full melodies with it.
    Chameleon is super versatile with samples and I use it often too.
    Nurack I honestly haven't used much, even though I probably should. It seems super powerful and surely over time it will become an essential utility - if it has not become one already for some creators.
    Digistix is the app I use the least, but the times I did use it I was very happy with its output quality and variety.

• edited July 2020

i dig Digistix its straightforward and easy to use. built in sounds are OK, global tube emulation surprisingly sounds great, bitcrunch (whut) and chorus flanger (uuuh) send fx reverb,delay are decent
    I needed smth to replace iSpark (iAA soon to be ded) and for AUM -easy share projects with ppl using the same tools.
    many other options ofc, but this one just worked out of the box

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@noob said:
    Digistix is a sampling (built in auto sampling) groovebox , sequencer . its straightforward and easy to use. built in sounds are OK, global tube emulation surprisingly sounded great, bitcrunch (whut) and chorus flanger, send fx reverb,delay are decent
    I needed smth to replace iSpark (iAA soon to be ded) and for AUM -easy share projects with ppl using the same tools.
    many other options ofc, but this one just worked out of the box

DigiStix multi-layer support is really nice. You can have up to 5 layers per pad and set the layers up each with their own velocity range, or overlapping if you like. Or, you can set them up as Round-Robin. I would love to see Random-Robin available too though. I just sent that off as a suggestion to the 4pockets support email.

• I don't know if it's feasible with the way render cycles work in hosts with AU plugins, but wouldn't it be amazing if NuRack could have an external FX loop? By that I mean: Go through some internal FX, then out to one of the multi-out channels, through an external amp sim, and then back into NuRack for further processing.

I'm down for using most of the NuRack FX, but doubt I'd ever use it for amp sim in place of Nembrini apps. Sure, you can accomplish this by having two NuRacks, one before and one after, but ... well ... it would just be cool, that's all. B)

• edited July 2020

yeah... just keep it simple

• @wim said:
    I don't know if it's feasible with the way render cycles work in hosts with AU plugins, but wouldn't it be amazing if NuRack could have an external FX loop? By that I mean: Go through some internal FX, then out to one of the multi-out channels, through an external amp sim, and then back into NuRack for further processing.

I'm down for using most of the NuRack FX, but doubt I'd ever use it for amp sim in place of Nembrini apps. Sure, you can accomplish this by having two NuRacks, one before and one after, but ... well ... it would just be cool, that's all. B)

I made a similar suggestion on the ‘TonesStack AU host or plugin’ thread. My suggestion was having a multi in/out AU FX with an internal module to create input/output ports anywhere in the internal signal chain.
    I have no idea how feasible it is, though.
    I imagine it could be possible to create something similar to that apeMatrix Mixer Send/Receive plug-in.

This type of feature would make NuRack very versatile.

• edited July 2020

nvm.

• Does the dev. look in here or does anyone have contact info? I want to badger them for midi export from DigiStix

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

support @ 4pockets.com

The developer drops by here occasionally - not very often really. Responsiveness to support email is sometimes good, sometimes not. It seems to go in phases.

Badgering doesn't work from my experience. Making a strong case for the benefit to the app does. I've had some suggestions adopted and some completely ignored. Once they go on the ignore list, there is just radio silence. I can take a hint. ;)

• Cheers wim, Advice noted.