Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soft Drummer Update Released

1235

Comments

  • Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

  • @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    It might not correctly adjust for device sample rate.

  • @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Make sure sample rate of app matches rate of project you are importing it to. Eg 44.1 or 48

  • @RedSkyLullaby said:

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Make sure sample rate of app matches rate of project you are importing it to. Eg 44.1 or 48

    Thank you, I am using ipads (gen 3 and 5) and see no way I can change sample rate neither on ipad or in the actual app. I simply export audio file and then no matter where i play it (files or audioshare app on ipad, or cubasis or desktop ableton live with sample rate set 44,1 or 48) it still sounds pitched up everywhere. What am I missing here?..

  • edited February 2023

    And if all else fails... Maybe a reinstall... Work great here.

    Future Drummer and iBassist are what need work..... And Auv3.

  • @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Is it just pitch, or is the file playing back slightly faster as well?

  • @CracklePot said:

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Is it just pitch, or is the file playing back slightly faster as well?

    No just the pitch of each individual sound, it most audible on kicks. Overall timing and rhythm are fine.

  • @ericprimary said:

    @RedSkyLullaby said:

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Make sure sample rate of app matches rate of project you are importing it to. Eg 44.1 or 48

    Thank you, I am using ipads (gen 3 and 5) and see no way I can change sample rate neither on ipad or in the actual app. I simply export audio file and then no matter where i play it (files or audioshare app on ipad, or cubasis or desktop ableton live with sample rate set 44,1 or 48) it still sounds pitched up everywhere. What am I missing here?..

    when you export, is soft drummer connected to any other apps or are any other apps running? in audioshare, what sample rate does it show for the file?

  • it looks like SoftDrummer always exports at 44.1kHz.

    What OS version are you running?

    My guess is that something has set the iPad to run at 48k and that Softdrummer's audio rendering is playing those sample at 48k without doing sample rate adjustment, so they play back at a higher pitch (and the hits marginally shorter, too)

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @ericprimary said:

    @RedSkyLullaby said:

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Make sure sample rate of app matches rate of project you are importing it to. Eg 44.1 or 48

    Thank you, I am using ipads (gen 3 and 5) and see no way I can change sample rate neither on ipad or in the actual app. I simply export audio file and then no matter where i play it (files or audioshare app on ipad, or cubasis or desktop ableton live with sample rate set 44,1 or 48) it still sounds pitched up everywhere. What am I missing here?..

    when you export, is soft drummer connected to any other apps or are any other apps running? in audioshare, what sample rate does it show for the file?

    No, no other apps are running. Also installed the app on an ipad free of any music related software. Same result.
    Sample in audioshare says 16 bit, 44100

  • @espiegel123 said:
    it looks like SoftDrummer always exports at 44.1kHz.

    What OS version are you running?

    My guess is that something has set the iPad to run at 48k and that Softdrummer's audio rendering is playing those sample at 48k without doing sample rate adjustment, so they play back at a higher pitch (and the hits marginally shorter, too)

    One ipad (3rd generation) - OS 14.6
    Other ipad (5th generation) - OS 14.6
    Iphone 13pro - OS 16.3

    Everywhere same result..

    Yes just like you are describing it: higher in pitch and hits are shorter than they should be.

    Aren't ipads default samplerate is 48k?

  • @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    it looks like SoftDrummer always exports at 44.1kHz.

    What OS version are you running?

    My guess is that something has set the iPad to run at 48k and that Softdrummer's audio rendering is playing those sample at 48k without doing sample rate adjustment, so they play back at a higher pitch (and the hits marginally shorter, too)

    One ipad (3rd generation) - OS 14.6
    Other ipad (5th generation) - OS 14.6
    Iphone 13pro - OS 16.3

    Everywhere same result..

    Yes just like you are describing it: higher in pitch and hits are shorter than they should be.

    Aren't ipads default samplerate is 48k?

    Old iPads (pre gen 6) run at 44.1k.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    it looks like SoftDrummer always exports at 44.1kHz.

    What OS version are you running?

    My guess is that something has set the iPad to run at 48k and that Softdrummer's audio rendering is playing those sample at 48k without doing sample rate adjustment, so they play back at a higher pitch (and the hits marginally shorter, too)

    One ipad (3rd generation) - OS 14.6
    Other ipad (5th generation) - OS 14.6
    Iphone 13pro - OS 16.3

    Everywhere same result..

    Yes just like you are describing it: higher in pitch and hits are shorter than they should be.

    Aren't ipads default samplerate is 48k?

    Old iPads (pre gen 6) run at 44.1k.

    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

  • wimwim
    edited February 2023

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

  • Maybe try to disable Siri.
    Other people reported that they couldn’t change buffer sizes in their host any more, and the answer was it is a iOS bug with Siri.

    Maybe the Siri bug is forcing 48kHz but you expect 44.1kHz?

  • Ask and you will receive... Future Drummer has been updated... Here I go.

  • @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

    Sample Rate conversion won't fix the issue. It will convert a wrongly pitched 44k file to a wrongly pitched 48k file.

    I just did some test on my iPad 6 and the exported audio on my device is fine regardless of hardware sample rate but the samples play back live with different pitch when the device sample rate changes. The timing is correct. So, it is playing back the individual hits without correct sample rate conversion.

    It isn't clear whether the higher or lower pitch is correct.

  • Soft Drummer Updated.. Maybe there is a fix..

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

    Sample Rate conversion won't fix the issue. It will convert a wrongly pitched 44k file to a wrongly pitched 48k file.

    I just did some test on my iPad 6 and the exported audio on my device is fine regardless of hardware sample rate but the samples play back live with different pitch when the device sample rate changes. The timing is correct. So, it is playing back the individual hits without correct sample rate conversion.

    It isn't clear whether the higher or lower pitch is correct.

    Just tried the updated versions of soft drummer and future drummer. Reinstalled app on all the devices. Same thing. No matter how I export, to files app, dropbox, audioshare, etc, I always get higher pitched resulting wav file in comparison with the live output of the actual apps.
    I think lower pitch is correct, at least it is what I get in live output on both ipads and iphone..
    No idea what can be done..

  • @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

    Sample Rate conversion won't fix the issue. It will convert a wrongly pitched 44k file to a wrongly pitched 48k file.

    I just did some test on my iPad 6 and the exported audio on my device is fine regardless of hardware sample rate but the samples play back live with different pitch when the device sample rate changes. The timing is correct. So, it is playing back the individual hits without correct sample rate conversion.

    It isn't clear whether the higher or lower pitch is correct.

    Just tried the updated versions of soft drummer and future drummer. Reinstalled app on all the devices. Same thing. No matter how I export, to files app, dropbox, audioshare, etc, I always get higher pitched resulting wav file in comparison with the live output of the actual apps.
    I think lower pitch is correct, at least it is what I get in live output on both ipads and iphone..
    No idea what can be done..

    You should probably make a video demonstration and post it and send a link to the developer.

    In the meantime, you may need to record the app’s output rather than use the export feature.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

    Sample Rate conversion won't fix the issue. It will convert a wrongly pitched 44k file to a wrongly pitched 48k file.

    I just did some test on my iPad 6 and the exported audio on my device is fine regardless of hardware sample rate but the samples play back live with different pitch when the device sample rate changes. The timing is correct. So, it is playing back the individual hits without correct sample rate conversion.

    It isn't clear whether the higher or lower pitch is correct.

    Just tried the updated versions of soft drummer and future drummer. Reinstalled app on all the devices. Same thing. No matter how I export, to files app, dropbox, audioshare, etc, I always get higher pitched resulting wav file in comparison with the live output of the actual apps.
    I think lower pitch is correct, at least it is what I get in live output on both ipads and iphone..
    No idea what can be done..

    You should probably make a video demonstration and post it and send a link to the developer.

    In the meantime, you may need to record the app’s output rather than use the export feature.

    Yes guess will have to do that. Thank you.
    What is the best way to record audio from drummers so resulting file would be synced? (Start and stop of the recording) If there is a way..
    And also without any quality loss?

  • wimwim
    edited February 2023

    @ericprimary said:
    What is the best way to record audio from drummers so resulting file would be synced? (Start and stop of the recording) If there is a way..
    And also without any quality loss?

    A way that's easier than just converting the sample? IMO none.

    But there are plenty of ways. The easiest is probably just to load Soft Drummer up into AUM, then record the output of that channel. The advantage is if you use the Link sync quantum, it's easy to get loops of an exact bar length.

    I haven't tested to see what the resulting file comes out as, but it should be in whatever sample rate AUM is running at.

    TBH though I've had enough issues with Lumbeats apps sync'd starting, odd issues with a cymbal playing at the beginning of the beat, etc, over time that I just don't bother any more except for jamming.

  • edited February 2023

    check this topic for a work around. The Lumbeat apps are driving me nuts.

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/54309/cubasis-doesnt-record-first-beat-as-audio#latest

    I have made a recording in AUM, with Neon audio editor. You need to cut the silence at the beginning, if you just record the sound that is coming in, without start-stop sync. In my case this is what I need, just press record in Neon, and then play in the drummer app. The result needs some work but it is manageable.

  • @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    What is the best way to record audio from drummers so resulting file would be synced? (Start and stop of the recording) If there is a way..
    And also without any quality loss?

    A way that's easier than just converting the sample? IMO none.

    But there are plenty of ways. The easiest is probably just to load Soft Drummer up into AUM, then record the output of that channel. The advantage is if you use the Link sync quantum, it's easy to get loops of an exact bar length.

    I haven't tested to see what the resulting file comes out as, but it should be in whatever sample rate AUM is running at.

    TBH though I've had enough issues with Lumbeats apps sync'd starting, odd issues with a cymbal playing at the beginning of the beat, etc, over time that I just don't bother any more except for jamming.

    @wim: converting the sample rate of the exported file won't solve the problem.

    @ericprimary: if you have any app (AUM or Loopy Pro, for instance) that works with IAA sources, you just load the app as an audio source, turn on Ableton Link, and record.

  • edited February 2023

    @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @ericprimary said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @ericprimary said:
    So what could be the solution here, any ideas? Does everyone actually get exported audio correctly, am I only one having this strange behavior?

    The only suggestion I have is to convert the sample rate using AudioShare or some other method.

    Auditor can do this in batch. (iPad only)

    Sample Rate conversion won't fix the issue. It will convert a wrongly pitched 44k file to a wrongly pitched 48k file.

    I just did some test on my iPad 6 and the exported audio on my device is fine regardless of hardware sample rate but the samples play back live with different pitch when the device sample rate changes. The timing is correct. So, it is playing back the individual hits without correct sample rate conversion.

    It isn't clear whether the higher or lower pitch is correct.

    Just tried the updated versions of soft drummer and future drummer. Reinstalled app on all the devices. Same thing. No matter how I export, to files app, dropbox, audioshare, etc, I always get higher pitched resulting wav file in comparison with the live output of the actual apps.
    I think lower pitch is correct, at least it is what I get in live output on both ipads and iphone..
    No idea what can be done..

    You should probably make a video demonstration and post it and send a link to the developer.

    In the meantime, you may need to record the app’s output rather than use the export feature.

    Yes guess will have to do that. Thank you.
    What is the best way to record audio from drummers so resulting file would be synced? (Start and stop of the recording) If there is a way..
    And also without any quality loss?

    AUM can record perfect loops. Load the app as IAA, record-enable the channel, start the playhead in both the drummer app and in AUM, then in AUM press the red record button and the recording will start on the next bar. To stop the recording press the red record button and it will flash until the end of the bar then stop. Ableton Link must be enabled in both apps for this to work.

    (Edit) You'll also need to set the sample rate to 48khz in AUM, otherwise there will be tempo drift.

  • Guess another update today.. with Sample Rate Fix…

  • edited February 2023

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Should work with the last update.

    Note that the sounds played in real time were low pitched, you get used to that sounds and the exported ones seem high pitched, but really the exported ones had the correct pitch.

    Let me know if it works ok now, thanks

  • Yes!! The updated version of Soft drummer works just fine! No more pitch mismatch! Exports are perfect!

    There is also update of future drummer, also with sample rate bug fixed, but I still get the same problem there even with this new version.

    Thank you all for help

  • @ericprimary said:
    Yes!! The updated version of Soft drummer works just fine! No more pitch mismatch! Exports are perfect!

    There is also update of future drummer, also with sample rate bug fixed, but I still get the same problem there even with this new version.

    Thank you all for help

    Are you getting the wrong pitch issue with last update of future drummer ?

  • @LuisMartinez said:

    @ericprimary said:
    Hi, I have this issue with all the drummers, when I export a part it sounds higher in pitch than the live audio output from the apps. Tried different ipads and iphone. Drives me crazy) What can be my mistake here?

    Should work with the last update.

    Note that the sounds played in real time were low pitched, you get used to that sounds and the exported ones seem high pitched, but really the exported ones had the correct pitch.

    Let me know if it works ok now, thanks

    Thank you Luis!
    Soft drummer now works great!0
    Future, jazz and mid eastern drummers problem still remains.

Sign In or Register to comment.