Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation launchkey mk3 good controller for iOS producers?

edited July 2020 in General App Discussion

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about this upcoming product and whether or not this type of midi controller works well with mobile production. I would love to get this but not even sure if it connects or even has midi learn capabilities.
https://www.amazon.com/Novation-Launchkey-Keyboard-Controller-Ableton/dp/B086N3VR26/ref=pd_sbs_267_4/130-2682751-4346807?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B086N3VR26&pd_rd_r=73353a59-9d47-43ed-bb16-3bc0e5c3e5ca&pd_rd_w=zfU4l&pd_rd_wg=6NDcx&pf_rd_p=bdc67ba8-ab69-42ee-b8d8-8f5336b36a83&pf_rd_r=71HH0PSF1P8464BK1G6B&refRID=71HH0PSF1P8464BK1G6B&th=1

Comments

• Yup. It’s a great controller. I have the mini and will be getting the 49 key as well. Works great on iOS with AUM and all the apps on iOS with Midi Learn

• edited July 2020

Can the Novation Launchkey Mk3 control a hardware synth via old school MIDI out port when NOT being connected to wall power, just being connected to USB or a power bank? Can’t find anything about this online. Anyone owning a Mini or one of the newer larger versions care to try this out for me?

It seems like Arturias controllers for example must have wall power to effectively use its MIDI out port...it will not work when only connected to USB?

And no, MIDI through USB is not an option in this case, only 5-pin old school regular MIDI...

🤓

• edited July 2020

@DMfan said:
    Can the Novation Launchkey Mk3 control a hardware synth via old school MIDI out port when NOT being connected to wall power, just being connected to USB or a power bank? Can’t find anything about this online. Anyone owning a Mini or one of the newer larger versions care to try this out for me?

Yes this works. Just connected the Launchkey MK3 37 to a Rav power brick via USB and then controlled an OB6 via MIDI din with the LK.

• How's the keybed on this? I prefer a solid semi-weighted.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@DMfan said:

Yes this works. Just connected the Launchkey MK3 49 to a Rav power brick via USB and then controlled an OB6 via MIDI din with the LK.

Thank you, you just made my day!

🙏

• @SpookyZoo said:

@DMfan said:

Yes this works. Just connected the Launchkey MK3 49 to a Rav power brick via USB and then controlled an OB6 via MIDI din with the LK.

Which RAV power brick puts out 12v and do you need any additional cables?

• Wow ! Crazy I was just on another forum researching this LOL

• Hi there. I have the Launchkey 49 Mk1. Other than having the 5 pin midi connection, do any of you current owners of the mk3 know if there’s any advantage to me upgrading to the mk3 for use with iOS apps? Thanks in advance

• @nickpett said:
    Hi there. I have the Launchkey 49 Mk1. Other than having the 5 pin midi connection, do any of you current owners of the mk3 know if there’s any advantage to me upgrading to the mk3 for use with iOS apps? Thanks in advance

Hrmmm, I'd honestly say that the following stand alone features are enough to upgrade:
    Scales
    Chords
    Arp
    Custom Modes

• @DMfan said:

It seems like Arturias controllers for example must have wall power to effectively use its MIDI out port...it will not work when only connected to USB?

Which Arturia controller is that? I've used my KeyStep on a power brick for 5pin midi out a few times.

• edited July 2020

@DatGood said:

@DMfan said:

Which Arturia controller is that? I've used my KeyStep on a power brick for 5pin midi out a few times.

The Keylab models from online sources? Very happy though if I am misinformed, more products to choose from and I really love the design of Arturias stuff.

EDIT: some posters online have gotten it wrong, and I have misread their posts, so double-fault. Somehow they reached the conclusion that if using 5-pin MIDI the Keylab is not powered which ofc is correct but it CAN be brick or bus-powered at the same time making everything work.

Sorry for the mixup guys!

• edited July 2020

@no1normal said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@DMfan said:

Which RAV power brick puts out 12v and do you need any additional cables?

This was the power brick I used which seemed to be enough. Just the MIDI Din and USB cable were used for the LK. Obviously the OB-6 uses it's own power.

Looks like this could be an old model though and RAV have updated their range since I bought this. I've had good experiences with RAV though, and may pick up one of these newer bricks too, although I've not tested this so I can't guarantee it will work in this scenario, although I'd bet money that it does. :) ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-Portable-Charger-26800mAh-External-Black/dp/B012V9H3WA

I really like the LK mk 3, although the keys aren't semi-weighted I find them surprisingly nice to play with. User Chord Pads, Arp, Ableton integration, also custom modes to add your own MIDI widgets via the Components web site. Works well with the iPad apps I've tested.

Lots to like.

• edited July 2020

This was also the power brick I used for my mobile solution for Launchpad X & iPad mini 5 issue.

• edited July 2020

@DMfan said:

Quick vid...

• Also, just to clarify this is an LK37 not 49 as I previously stated. Sorry about that.

• Quick vid...

• Also, just to clarify this is an LK37 not 49 as I previously stated. Sorry about that.

🙏

• edited August 2020

I got mine today. Its a wonderful size. 37 keys are perfect for me.
    My question would be „why I am not able to use the internal ARP feature of the Launchkey with my iOS plugins“ is it only available for midi out!? Hmm 🤔 in this case I am not sure if I keep it.

When I turn the knobs of the ARP (speed, rate, mutate deviate) nothing happens. Anyone with more insight? Thanks in advanced.

EDIT:
    Found it. There is a dedicated menu you need to activate in order to get the knobs for ARP working. Solution holding down the ARP button for two seconds will activate the menu

• @david_2017 said:
    I got mine today. Its a wonderful size. 37 keys are perfect for me.
    My question would be „why I am not able to use the internal ARP feature of the Launchkey with my iOS plugins“ is it only available for midi out!? Hmm 🤔 in this case I am not sure if I keep it.

When I turn the knobs of the ARP (speed, rate, mutate deviate) nothing happens. Anyone with more insight? Thanks in advanced.

EDIT:
    Found it. There is a dedicated menu you need to activate in order to get the knobs for ARP working. Solution holding down the ARP button for two seconds will activate the menu

Can I ask you your toughts on the keybed?

• Is the pads on the LK MK3 the same as the pads on the LPP MK3?

• edited August 2020

Just received my LKMK3 49key version and am really happy with it. Can’t wait to use it to its fullest.

What do you think of your 37 @david_2017 Everything and more than you hoped for?

• I have a 37 coming tomorrow as well, already wondering if I should have gotten the 49 for the faders. We shall see!!

• @clnmc said:
    I have a 37 coming tomorrow as well, already wondering if I should have gotten the 49 for the faders. We shall see!!

Awesome. Yeah i opted for the 49 cause of the faders. I was going to go for the 37, but after playing around last night with the 49 I’m glad i went with it.

• @echoopera said:
    Just received my LKMK3 49key version and am really happy with it. Can’t wait to use it to its fullest.

What do you think of your 37 @david_2017 Everything and more than you hoped for?

Absolutely! I love it! The ARP is great! The keyboards feels and plays great, the keys and all the UX. 37 keys are exactly what I needed and the pads are awesome for chords. This is an amazing midi controller. The knobs are easy to map with other stuff.
    My drone track lately was completely composed and performed with the LK37 ;)

• So I’ve been messing with the 37 in Drambo and AUM, and I think it’s a great fit. I’m not missing the faders much, I think using the touch screen to control levels will be plenty fine for me. I will need to borrow my GF’s computer and use the components app to get the most out of it. Mapping the pads to Drambo’s tracks are great but I need them all to be momentary so I can finger drum properly. It’s so rad to have Drambo midi control other synths and apps, using the bottom row of pads to switch midi tracks is so satisfying.

• I’ve got the Launchkey Mk3 and it’s great. But my iPad has started saying there’s not enough power to run it, even though the lights are all on. So it’s not showing up in the apps. I’ve got a powered usb hub which has fixed it, but it’s a bit annoying. Anyone else getting similar - I assume it’s a 14.2 iOS issue

• Anyone else here trying to decide between a Launchkey mini mk3 and an Arturia Beat Step 37?

• @nickpett said:
    I’ve got the Launchkey Mk3 and it’s great. But my iPad has started saying there’s not enough power to run it, even though the lights are all on. So it’s not showing up in the apps. I’ve got a powered usb hub which has fixed it, but it’s a bit annoying. Anyone else getting similar - I assume it’s a 14.2 iOS issue

https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009354219--Getting-Started-With-Launchkey-Mini-MK3-Using-your-Launchkey-with-an-iOS-device

• edited August 2021

Hi,
    In the editor software I can see a Global Channel for setting the pots and in the manual I can find a Keys Channel. Are they identical?
    In order to use the LK with software other than Ableton (say AUM on an iPad) it would be great to change the MIDI send channel for both keys and pots and pads at the same tme by pressing Settings and the respective pad. Is this possible?
    Thank you!

• edited August 2021

there should be an update to dim the light. at night, it’s killing my eyes

Edit : there is a new update . just in case : press shift/octave+/octave- when plugging in the cable then use Octave + - to change led brightness