Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Undulator by Eventide

https://apps.apple.com/app//id1463822021

Description:

Undulator is Eventide’s classic modulated tremolo effect from the iconic H3000 effects processor. This unique, rhythmic effect combines ethereal feedback and detuned echos, run through an AM / FM modulated tremolo. Whether used for manipulating samples or adding movement to strings, pads, guitars, and keys, Undulator is a muse for creative musicians. Add Undulator into your plug-ins collection for the most playable tremolo-style effect on your DAW or iOS device.

Undulator excels at evolving pads, sync’d chops, and time-lapsing dreamy soundscapes. Combined with a multi-tap delay and powerful tremolo, Undulator’s controls give any sound sustain and shape. This is perfect for transforming ordinary synths, keys, guitars, and even vocals into evolving pads, tempo synced production elements, or ethereal and fluctuant delays. Simply put, Undulator can make shorter sounds into longer layered effects, and give sustaining sounds shape and rhythmic character.

Use the Ribbon to morph tremolo patterns into vacillating and varying rhythmic territories. This can be effective for calling attention to synth pads and creating a state of flux or rarity which is otherwise arduous to achieve.

• Turn up the MIX to increase the dry/effect ratio
  • Utilize multiple modulation waveform shapes and sources to alter the rhythmic feel
  • Subtly finesse detuning of delays by using SPREAD
  • Add FEEDBACK to accentuate delays or create infinite loops
  • The Secondary LFO determines how fast the depth and speed modulation “wiggle” their targets
  • Lock the tremolo to tempo using SYNC
  • RETRIG at the top of the waveform for a more predictable effect
  • RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice
  • SLOW/FAST button toggles on a “Slow LFO” mode. Holding it down to “BRAKE” temporarily slows down the LFOs at a constant rate until released
  • Update the tremolo speed in real time using the TAP button
  • iOS version available on App Store works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect

Comments

• And the tide keeps coming in!

• Undulator is at around 09:50 in the vid...

• it's a good price, might have to get this even though I have WOV and that's good too.

• @Carnbot said:
    it's a good price, might have to get this even though I have WOV and that's good too.

Drambo can be used as an AUv3 effect too. Just sayin' 😉

• @rs2000 said:

@Carnbot said:
    it's a good price, might have to get this even though I have WOV and that's good too.

True, but Eventide algos are really good and the gui/workflow is also top notch.
    I am looking forward to when Drambo can be more compact for effects-only modules.

• @Carnbot said:

@rs2000 said:

@Carnbot said:

True, but Eventide algos are really good and the gui/workflow is also top notch.
    I am looking forward to when Drambo can be more compact for effects-only modules.

Being able to construct a simplified UI in Drambo would indeed make it more fun to use as an FX unit.

• edited July 2020

This app is great, it’s more than just a tremolo, it can also create envelopes, to turn a percussive piano sound into something more pad-like for instance.

• Can't Drambo do envelopes too?

• edited July 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Can't Drambo do envelopes too?

Sure, plus a lot more, it's just not as straightforward as purchasing a new app with a dedicated UI that's ready to go.
    In fact, Undulator is rather easy to re-do in Drambo without too much trickery required.
    Even the magic morph slider can be done using two crossfader scenes.

• 🤩🤩🤩 Nice surprise.

• @rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Can't Drambo do envelopes too?

Sure, plus a lot more, it's just not as straightforward as purchasing a new app with a dedicated UI that's ready to go.
    In fact, Undulator is rather easy to re-do in Drambo without too much trickery required.
    Even the magic morph slider can be done using two crossfader scenes.

I actually enjoy tinkering with drambo for stuff like this. But I simply don't have the time to tinker and make music. That's why the patch storage sharing is so valuable to me and I truly appreciate the contributions of people like you.

• Hey Richard, could you explain the difference between the ADSR and Envelope choices in the LFO section? Not detailed in the manual, it’s unclear to me, thanks!

@richardyot said:
    This app is great, it’s more than just a tremolo, it can also create envelopes, to turn a percussive piano sound into something more pad-like for instance.

• Eventide is really on a roll since last year

Do you guys realise by the time you buy all the plugins derived from the H9 on desktop and iOS, and there are more to come, you will probably have spent the equivalent of an H9 MAX?

The upside is, as the H9 can not cumulate all algos at the same time, on iOS or desktop you can simulate having several H9’s which offers tremendous potential closer to the H9000

I hope they will release some kind of rack/aggregator where you can chain all their new plugs with modular routing option

It is a clever way of selling huge quantities of quality software, by splitting the algos in separate plugins, making it affordable for many more people by spreading cost and give us more power than one or several H9’s’

I do have an H9 and H3500 DFX, and yet I can’t resist their releases, they all sound great

Best

N

• Thanks to everybody who's checked it out so far. Here's another video we did showing off some presets:

• Bought (damnit) I keep saying I’m good on FX but yeah i needed this

• I have no resistance to Eventide apps but I’m also never disappointed. I’m really liking this one so far too

• @Gavinski said:
    Hey Richard, could you explain the difference between the ADSR and Envelope choices in the LFO section? Not detailed in the manual, it’s unclear to me, thanks!

@richardyot said:

I’m travelling at the moment so can’t really dig in, but when I had a fiddle this morning I was a bit confused by the two settings as well. Maybe @Orville can enlighten us?

• @richardyot said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hey Richard, could you explain the difference between the ADSR and Envelope choices in the LFO section? Not detailed in the manual, it’s unclear to me, thanks!

@richardyot said:

I’m travelling at the moment so can’t really dig in, but when I had a fiddle this morning I was a bit confused by the two settings as well. Maybe @Orville can enlighten us?

Envelope tracks the envelope of the incoming signal. ADSR uses the envelope to trigger a predetermined ADSR envelope under the hood.

• @Orville said:

@richardyot said:

@Gavinski said:

@richardyot said:

Envelope tracks the envelope of the incoming signal. ADSR uses the envelope to trigger a predetermined ADSR envelope under the hood.

Thanks Orville. The manual would definitely benefit from having these and a few other details added!

• edited July 2020

No offence meant to the devs, who obviously make exceptional software, but I really can’t stand this type of effect. That fluttery sound, just sets my head on end. Similarly I can’t cope with side chaining. Those waves buffering and hitting my ear drums just ain’t nice. It’s like your nan has got hold of the volume fader on the Sharp music centre at Christmas, and is having a right laff vigorously moving them up and down, while uncle Ken does a silly chicken dance across the living room.

I guess we all like different things though, so fair play and that,

• This is my fav Eventide release yet.

• @MonzoPro said:
    No offence meant to the devs, who obviously make exceptional software, but I really can’t stand this type of effect. That fluttery sound, just sets my head on end. Similarly I can’t cope with side chaining. Those waves buffering and hitting my ear drums just ain’t nice. It’s like your nan has got hold of the volume fader on the Sharp music centre at Christmas, and is having a right laff vigorously moving them up and down, while uncle Ken does a silly chicken dance across the living room.

Haha, hilarious. Yeah, each to their own then, because I adore tremolo.

• Brilliant effect, brilliant business model. I'll gladly continue to buy bits of an h3000 at this price, particularly considering how much more playable these apps make them.

• edited July 2020

@MonzoPro said:

Haha, I used to thnk the same about tremolo - "Who in the world would pay for such an effect" 😅
    But actually in the right context it's sometimes good to have like in Wurly EPs, vibraphones or guitars. I just didn't buy this because I already have AD Filterstation.

• Have resisted a lot of these Eventides knowing I won't get them all, but this one's gorgeous. Dreamy shoegaze sounds abound.

• Its really really cool. For anyone into ambient you can give subtle movements into the textures and stuff like that. Its one of those effect you dont really notice but then you swipe left in AUM and deactivate it and: „oh... that sounds actually dull without that“ :)

• @colonel_mustard said:
    Have resisted a lot of these Eventides knowing I won't get them all, but this one's gorgeous. Dreamy shoegaze sounds abound.

If I hadn't already bought it, this would have sold it. It definitely has some aggressive presets, but is plenty capable of beautiful soundscape sculpting.

• @richardyot said:

Attention grabbed, as was wallet etc. Thanks (I think :)).

• @Liquidmantis said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Have resisted a lot of these Eventides knowing I won't get them all, but this one's gorgeous. Dreamy shoegaze sounds abound.

If I hadn't already bought it, this would have sold it. It definitely has some aggressive presets, but is plenty capable of beautiful soundscape sculpting.

Pretty good eh? It caught me off guard.

FYI everybody, they're offering the desktop plug-in for $19, all of which goes to charity (Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund). Might be of interest to some:
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/effects/mod-tremolo/undulator