Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hypertron by Hypertron Audio

Comments

• @Hypertron thaks so much for the answer and keep it up with this excellent work🔥

• the free version is pretty cool. anybody unlock the pro version. this looks like a very quick way to get ideas out.

• @eross said:
    the free version is pretty cool. anybody unlock the pro version. this looks like a very quick way to get ideas out.

It was worth it to me. It’s quirky but fun. Updates coming per dev correspondence.

• @anickt said:

@eross said:
    the free version is pretty cool. anybody unlock the pro version. this looks like a very quick way to get ideas out.

It was worth it to me. It’s quirky but fun. Updates coming per dev correspondence.

cool, what kind of updates? does this have triplet and dotted note time divisions?

• @Hypertron cheers for being here. Yes to pad triggering. The UI looks excellent but really need those trigger pads.

• @hypertron just upgraded it. such a cool app keeps locking up when i try to import from the audioshare folder.also a nice upgrade would be to have Hypertron live in an fx in AUM track. therefore you could make something on another AUM channel and bus it into hypertron to be sampled. cool app keep up the great work

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @Hypertron thaks so much for the answer and keep it up with this excellent work🔥

+1.

Congrats on the app and welcome to the forum. :+1:

• edited July 2020

Would love if you could control any parameter via the edit window (not just pitch). Bonus if you can swipe the number itself. Also, would love to see probability and sample start added to the the possible parameters to get the most out of the 16 patterns.

• @Hypertron Looking forward to having a play with your creation. Enjoy this funny forum place. Folks will have lots of suggestions and ideas, but they mean well :)

• @syrupcore said:
    Would love if you could control any parameter via the edit window (not just pitch). Bonus if you can swipe the number itself. Also, would love to see probability and sample start added to the the possible parameters to get the most out of the 16 patterns.

I second that feature 👍🏻

• edited July 2020

Thanks guys, means a lot!

After several months, I finally had some time to make music with it myself today and discovered some bugs, so I will take care of that first.

@anickt
    "It’s quirky but fun". haha, love that.

@eross
    "keeps locking up when i try to import from the audioshare folder."
    You're sure that's due to the app? Because all it does is opening the common iOS filebrowser dialog. Or what do you mean with locking up?

@syrupcore
    Exactly. That would have been the next feature. I would start with velocity for now. Not sure about the swipe gesture regarding pitch though. That could interfere with another feature I wanted to implement and IMO pitch is something that should be accurate. Except when you're into experimental music only 😅. I think I know what you mean though.

I will say one thing straight away: I will not implement new features when they come at the cost of general workflow. I want the app to be intuitive and easy to handle. No clutter. Top priority. @eross comment on " triplet and dotted note time divisions" is the perfect example for that: I've been thinking about how to implement triplet and dotted noterepeat for quite some time now and still haven't come up with the perfect solution yet. The app needs to be consistent across devices ( iPhones and iPads ) for the simple reason that you might want to export and import your projects and be able to work on them on all devices. And on iPhones there is just not enough space for that. Yet I'm sure there is a way. It just takes some time to figure it out.

I will have to tune out for now since there are a couple of other things that I need to take care of. I can't wait to add more features and roll out new updates. Don't hesitate to share your experiences in the meantime. There will probably also be a roadmap on hypertron-instrument.com soon.

Thanks again for your support! 🙏🏻
    Talk soon

• @Hypertron i tried on my ipad and it seems to work ok. but on my iphone 8plus. when it take me to the ios file browser. if i click on audioshare. it just freezes and i have to completely close out of the app

• @eross sounds like a bug in iOS to me. same iOS version on ur iPhone nd iPad?

• @Hypertron said:
    @eross sounds like a bug in iOS to me. same iOS version on ur iPhone nd iPad?

i just did an update. now my ipad and iphone are on lates it ios version. it doesn’t freeze , but it still
    broke. if i try to import and click the audiobus folder it shows this screen

• edited July 2020

Ugh.... I just figured it out. I had an older beta version of audioshare. i updated and now it works just fine. sorry for the confusion. Hypertron was not the problem, just me. lol thanks

• edited July 2020

@Hypertron said:
    @syrupcore
    Exactly. That would have been the next feature. I would start with velocity for now. Not sure about the swipe gesture regarding pitch though. That could interfere with another feature I wanted to implement and IMO pitch is something that should be accurate.

100% with you. Swipe for pitch isn't ideal. For velocity or filter cutoff or panning or etc, yes, please! :)

Except when you're into experimental music only 😅. I think I know what you mean though.

This got me thinking though... If the swiped pitch values conformed to a key/scale, folks my get interesting yet musical results by being experimental. :)

Fun app as is. Good luck with it!

• @Hypertron any news about update that will fix rotation issue?

• @Charlesalbert
    Hi Charles, yes - autorotate is already implemented and working on some other fixes as well. Will deploy update some time during next week.

• @Hypertron thanks for the reply🤘

• @Charlesalbert

Hypertron version 1.1.1 is available now:

• compiled for iOS 12
    • auto-rotate
    • general bugfixing
  • @Hypertron said:
    @Charlesalbert

Hypertron version 1.1.1 is available now:

• compiled for iOS 12
    • auto-rotate
    • general bugfixing

Thank You. Will update as soon as I get home. Thanks for the info👍

• I keep thinking this sounds like it should be a really good Mellotron...

• Is there a way to link between them the different patterns?

And also how could You step more the. 16 steps per bar?

@Hypertron

Thanks in advance.

• edited October 2020

@Charlesalbert
    I am working on some kind of routing matrix, where you can link patterns between pads. It opens other interesting possibilites as well:

@syrupcore
    I am implementing the editor functionality we were talking about. It's more fun than I thought:

I also already implemented rearranging pads via drag and drop and sample banks. What do you guys think?

• That does look very interesting, as an aside, is there any chance of a portrait layout on the iPhone version?

• @Hypertron said:
    @syrupcore
    I am implementing the editor functionality we were talking about. It's more fun than I thought:

Hurrah! Looks perfect.

• @Hypertron said:
    @Charlesalbert
    I am working on some kind of routing matrix, where you can link patterns between pads. It opens other interesting possibilites as well:

@syrupcore

I also already implemented rearranging pads via drag and drop and sample banks. What do you guys think?

Very interesting. Can’t wait to try it out.

• edited October 2020

Thanks guys. I keep on working on that and will let you know when the next update rolls out.

@Krupa
    I don't have any plans for that but maybe that will be possible once the app gets converted to AUv3, because then the layout has to become more flexible anyway

• Cheers @Hypertron , good to know - I guess it’s not a popular request, but I find that I use iPhone apps that are portrait much more than ones that aren’t - elastic beats, gadget, drambo, patterning etc - just seems much more natural to hold the phone that way, and I can drink coffee, whisky, whatever safely at the same time :)