Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jasuto bites the dust?

Just got a new iPhone, and went to reinstall my first (and still favorite) audio app, but found that it’s been completely removed from the App Store...not even for redownload. :(

Sent a message to the dev last week, but haven’t heard back. Does this spell the end of the brilliantly odd reactable-like? Is the dev even still around?

If you still have it installed on your device, don’t delete it!! Luckily I have an old iPad that still has it installed, and I’ll never reformat that iPad again, for this reason.

Comments

• They had an upgrade in the past few months, I think. Might be temporary?

• @satchnut thats why i back up all my .ipa app install files via imazing since can no longer do via itunes. Cheers for notifying though

• edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wtf I bought it last month and I can’t find the app neither in the pst purchased apps. What is going on?!!

• it's still on the Google play store, hopefully it's just down for a short time.

• @BCKeys said:
    can't you find it in your old purchases either? (AppStore, click your user icon top right, then purchases). It may depend on the country but here I can still download purchased apps that no longer exist 🤨

Yes, but that seems to last only for a certain time, a year maybe. I have an app on my devices that is no longer in the Purchased list, or in the App Store.

• One of my early favourites too. I guess the dev didn't pay his annual Apple fee.

I think I still have it on Ye Olde iPad 2.

• @stormbeats said:
    @satchnut thats why i back up all my .ipa app install files via imazing since can no longer do via itunes. Cheers for notifying though

Hi @stormbeats : I too have orphan music apps on my iPads. Are you saying imazing offers a route to back them up once they have disappeared from the Store? If so, please describe the process. Thanks!

• @uncledave said:

@BCKeys said:
    can't you find it in your old purchases either? (AppStore, click your user icon top right, then purchases). It may depend on the country but here I can still download purchased apps that no longer exist 🤨

Yes, but that seems to last only for a certain time, a year maybe. I have an app on my devices that is no longer in the Purchased list, or in the App Store.

that is not tied to a time frame, but to some other factors, eg. legal factors like licencing and other business stuff. I still have apps from 2014 in my purchase list. some others, like the official mobile port of Bioshock by 2K Games, is entirely removed. I am not sure why developers decide to completely remove their apps from the Apple ecosystem.

Anyway, the rule of thumb is that if you bought an app you have access to it forever. The apps that indeed vanish from the purchase list make up a tiny percentage I'd say.

• @Zaubrer said:

@uncledave said:

@BCKeys said:

that is not tied to a time frame, but to some other factors, eg. legal factors like licencing and other business stuff. I still have apps from 2014 in my purchase list. some others, like the official mobile port of Bioshock by 2K Games, is entirely removed. I am not sure why developers decide to completely remove their apps from the Apple ecosystem.

Anyway, the rule of thumb is that if you bought an app you have access to it forever. The apps that indeed vanish from the purchase list make up a tiny percentage I'd say.

If you stop paying Apple’s yearly subscription as a developer your apps will disappear from the store.

• Bram bos : thats sad! All those first gen iPad apps are gone and now I understand! This problem of losing apps happens here too when I can see them on the purchased list, but is colored out. Updating the iPads also an odd issue as my older iPad with no updates runs better than my newer one with all updates.

• edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2020

@Svetlovska said:

@stormbeats said:
    @satchnut thats why i back up all my .ipa app install files via imazing since can no longer do via itunes. Cheers for notifying though

Hi @stormbeats : I too have orphan music apps on my iPads. Are you saying imazing offers a route to back them up once they have disappeared from the Store? If so, please describe the process. Thanks!

@Svetlovska yes https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-manage-apps-without-itunes here is the link its not too straightforward to explain but the process is. Cool
    Edit : not sure if imazing can download orphaned apps though . But can for sure download current app purchases

• @stormbeats said:

@Svetlovska said:

@stormbeats said:

@Svetlovska yes https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-manage-apps-without-itunes here is the link its not too straightforward to explain but the process is. Cool

I will try too. Thanks so much.

• iMazing let’s you download ancient apps you own, including Jasuto.

• @stormbeats said:

@Svetlovska said:

@stormbeats said:

Edit : not sure if imazing can download orphaned apps though . But can for sure download current app purchases

Just to be clear, iMazing lets you download apps still available for download. It cannot retrieve an ipa file from your device (possibly a super-ancient iOS version might allow ipa extraction but I don't believe that is possible with iOS 10 and later)

• @espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@Svetlovska said:

@stormbeats said:

Just to be clear, iMazing lets you download apps still available for download. It cannot retrieve an ipa file from your device (possibly a super-ancient iOS version might allow ipa extraction but I don't believe that is possible with iOS 10 and later)

True, but as far as I can tell my apps dating all the way back to when the iPad 1was a spring chicken are all available to download, will they transfer to a new device, not always

• edited July 2020

@stormbeats : thanks, yeah, no that won’t work then. I know that all your past purchases where the dev is still paying their Apple rent are still available to download from your purchase history, but as @brambos says, if the dev stops paying, their apps go for good, whether you bought them or not.

I have more than a few (latest casualty: Giant Isopod) that now exist only on my two iPads. Time was, you could do a full local backup to pc or mac of your iPad, apps included, via iTunes, but Apple removed that option a couple of years ago, and whether you have backed up locally or to the cloud, expired apps will not restore to your iPad. The apps I am concerned about have vanished off the Store. I had hoped that imazing offered a workaround for this egregious nerfing by Apple, but it seems not. TLDR: when my venerable IPad 2 finally carks it, all those precious, irreplaceable apps will be gone, like tears in the rain...

Just one more reason I hate Apple as much as I love what it enables.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @stormbeats : thanks, yeah, no that won’t work then. I know that all your past purchases where the dev is still paying their Apple rent are still available to download from your purchase history, but as @brambos says, if the dev stops paying, their apps go for good, whether you bought them or not.

I have more than a few (latest casualty: Giant Isopod) that now exist only on my two iPads. Time was, you could do a full local backup to pc or mac of your iPad, apps included, via iTunes, but Apple removed that option a couple of years ago, and whether you have backed up locally or to the cloud, expired apps will not restore to your iPad. The apps I am concerned about have vanished off the Store. I had hoped that imazing offered a workaround for this egregious nerfing by Apple, but it seems not. TLDR: when my venerable IPad 2 finally carks it, all those precious, irreplaceable apps will be gone, like tears in the rain...

Just one more reason I hate Apple as much as I love what it enables.

App isn’t gone for good, if you bought it you can still download it via iMazing. Cakewalk and WayOutWare gone, but not the apps.

• edited July 2020

@knewspeak : just to be clear, the only copy I have of, say, Giant Isopod is on my IPad 2. (I have no pre-nerf Apple local backups). Are you saying that can be backed up from the copy on the iPad to pc or Mac, and then successfully reloaded from Mac or PC to that or another iPad, despite the app itself no longer being available on the App Store? I don’t think that is right, and I don’t want to buy the software just to find out it doesn’t work.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @knewspeak : just to be clear, the only copy I have of, say, Giant Isopod is on my IPad 2. (I have no pre-nerf Apple local backups). Are you saying that can be backed up from the copy on the iPad to pc or Mac, and then successfully reloaded from Mac or PC to that or another iPad, despite the app itself no longer being available on the App Store? I don’t think that is right, and I don’t want to buy the software just to find out it doesn’t work.

There’s a free trial version to test if it works.

What are the limitations of the trial version?
    Our trial is meant for you to preview iMazing’s many features. Everything is accessible, but we restrict the amount of items which you can transfer.

Dataset Nb of items
    File Transfer 100
    Media 50
    Photos 50
    Safari Data 20
    Messages 10
    Contacts 10
    Calendars 10
    Call History 5
    Notes 5
    Voice Memos 3
    Voicemail 1
    Extract/Edit backup files 10
    Backing up and browsing backup contents is 100% supported in the trial version, but reinstalling/updating iOS requires you to activate your copy of iMazing. Simply restoring a backup can be done for free (via iMazing Mini), where as the advanced restore options iMazing offers also require a license. ****Backing up and restoring apps is not limited.****

• @BiancaNeve : ok, I’ll give it a go.

• @Svetlovska said:

iMazing downloads them from the AppStore, something that iTunes can’t do, even the older work around version, even ipa’s that are no longer in your purchased apps list. These can then be installed on your device with limitations in certain cases, 32bit, etc.

• edited July 2020

@knewspeak : ok, that’s no good then. I have the orphaned apps in my purchased list, (And on my iPads) but they are gone from the App Store - that’s the whole problem. They just aren’t there to be downloaded.

When the iPads bite the dust, so will they. I’ll try the free download version, but I’m not holding out much hope. All I actually need, and what is no longer available, is the ability Apple once had, and took away, for no good reason I can see, since these were legit paid for apps, only to be locally backed up, to do a genuine full backup to and restore from the entire contents of an iPad to a local PC or Mac.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @knewspeak : ok, that’s no good then. I have the orphaned apps in my purchased list, (And on my iPads) but they are gone from the App Store - that’s the whole problem. They just aren’t there to be downloaded.

When the iPads bite the dust, so will they. I’ll try the free download version, but I’m not holding out much hope. All I actually need, and what is no longer available, is the ability Apple once had, and took away, for no good reason I can see, since these were legit paid for apps, only to be locally backed up, to do a genuine full backup to and restore from the entire contents of an iPad to a local PC or Mac.

I totally agree.

• @Svetlovska said:

I have orphaned apps supposedly long gone from the AppStore, but they haven’t, I’ve checked and downloaded them, and re-installed them. iMazing allows you to sign in to your Apple account and access all your past purchases, then you can download them.

Yes Apple shouldn’t have removed this ability from iTunes.

• @knewspeak said:

@Svetlovska said:

I have orphaned apps supposedly long gone from the AppStore, but they haven’t, I’ve checked and downloaded them, and re-installed them. iMazing allows you to sign in to your Apple account and access all your past purchases, then you can download them.

Mad, I didn't know that it could do this, there's a few things that I've lost (and hadn't backed up before a wipe) that I'd love to get back...

• edited July 2020

@Krupa said:

@knewspeak said:

@Svetlovska said:

Mad, I didn't know that it could do this, there's a few things that I've lost (and hadn't backed up before a wipe) that I'd love to get back...

That’s exactly what I did, until I found that iMazing could download apps, as iTunes couldn’t, Z3TA+ was one I missed, but also discovered apps I thought were long gone, all gone from my purchased apps list, but they are still on the AppStore server. It’s just ridiculous Apple doesn’t let you access them from your device.

For those with iMazing it’s available through Manage Apps, when you have your device connected, you then sign in to your Apple account, give it a while to load your app list, then you can browse and download them to your local library, even storing different versions if they get updated.

• Just tried this, but no luck with my missing apps, not music stuff, old board games that I foolishly didn't back up... never mind :)

• @knewspeak said:

@Krupa said:

@knewspeak said:

@Svetlovska said:

That’s exactly what I did, until I found that iMazing could download apps, as iTunes couldn’t, Z3TA+ was one I missed, but also discovered apps I thought were long gone, all gone from my purchased apps list, but they are still on the AppStore server. It’s just ridiculous Apple doesn’t let you access them from your device.

For those with iMazing it’s available through Manage Apps, when you have your device connected, you then sign in to your Apple account, give it a while to load your app list, then you can browse and download them to your local library, even storing different versions if they get updated.

@knewspeak @Svetlovska also you can connect ipad to desktop via wifi it sometimes does not work but most times it does.