Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Or here...

edited July 2020 in Creations

Comments

• Congratulations on publishing your work. I'll definitely use this script to replace Rozeta
    Scaler which takes up a whole lane in AUM while a Mozaic script aligns in a MIDI lane.

• @McD said:
    Congratulations on publishing your work. I'll definitely use this script to replace Rozeta
    Scaler which takes up a whole lane in AUM while a Mozaic script aligns in a MIDI lane.

Nice.

• @McD said:
    Congratulations on publishing your work. I'll definitely use this script to replace Rozeta

Hi McD, can you explain what you mean by 'taking up a whole lane' and 'aligning in' a midi lane? I didn't quote get what you mean here, or what the advantage of this over Scaler would be. Thnx

• Awesome just downloaded will try soon

• In AUM, the new MIDI FX Apps can be added to a project in a MIDI Lane.

Rozeta Suite apps were made before anyone thought about MIDI Apps and they load
    as AUv3 Audio apps and each instance generates a new "lane" in AUM which quickly fills the GUI so you must slide right and left to tweak individual app instances.

Hopefully, Rozeta will get an update at some point to announce its apps as MIDI FX apps
    to AUM and then they can be run vertically in a MIDI FX lane.

This is purely an AUM GUI layout issue, really. But having a Mozaic Transposer will come in handy. If you want to shop for new features... check out Rozeta scaler. It has additional
    MIDI processing you could add to your script in updates. Your App could help @Brambos get another Mozaic sale and mentioning Rozeta might generate anther order for that product too.

• @McD said:
    In AUM, the new MIDI FX Apps can be added to a project in a MIDI Lane.

as AUv3 Audio apps and each instance generates a new "lane" in AUM which quickly fills the GUI so you must slide right and left to tweak individual app instances.

Hopefully, Rozeta will get an update at some point to announce its apps as MIDI FX apps
    to AUM and then they can be run vertically in a MIDI FX lane.

This is purely an AUM GUI layout issue, really. But having a Mozaic Transposer will come in handy. If you want to shop for new features... check out Rozeta scaler. It has additional
    MIDI processing you could add to your script in updates. Your App could help @Brambos get another Mozaic sale and mentioning Rozeta might generate anther order for that product too.

Good news for you I think? You're incorrect on that point. B)

You can load as many Rozeta as you want in a MIDI Fx channel. Might wanna take a look at that again. They're under Audio Unit Extension. Or, just swipe down and type "Roz" into the search field. You'll find 'em.

• @TheOriginalPaulB - love the idea, can’t wait to try it out.

Best plugin name ever too. B)

• @wim said:
    You can load as many Rozeta as you want in a MIDI Fx channel. Might wanna take a look at that again. They're under Audio Unit Extension. Or, just swipe down and type "Roz" into the search field. You'll find 'em.

I was probably typing in "Ros" (like a rolling stone).

Never mind.

This is still a valid path to knowledge for me... trying to answer questions and being 100% wrong. But I am slowing down lately.

• Yep. I've learned at least as much by being wrong around here as I have reading manuals. probably lots more. :D

• @McD said:
    In AUM, the new MIDI FX Apps can be added to a project in a MIDI Lane.

That would be a 15 minute fix, but I haven't do that yet for a very good reason. If I were to change the plugin type from "audio plugin with MIDI output" to "MIDI plugin" all existing projects containing Rozeta plugins would become unusable (missing plugin errors).

Or I'd have to add MIDI versions of all Rozeta plugins (also a 15 minute fix), but this would give everyone 20 Rozeta plugins in their lists, instead of 10. Making plugin browsing for everyone a rather unwieldy process.

It's just the consequence of making MIDI plugins before Apple officially added them to iOS. The "AUMI" plugin type simply didn't exist until a year after I made Rozeta, so I was essentially just exploiting a feature that was meant for other use cases.

I like to think that I helped Apple realize that MIDI plugins were a useful addition to the iOS AU standard :)

• It works fine as-is @brambos . People just need to know where to look.

• Man, I could see getting mosaic with using just patch storage I am tempted. Good job and way to code!

• @McD said:

I was very impressed with the Soundcloud demos of your One Finger Orchestra script and downloaded it to have a go. I have to confess, I’m a bit baffled as to where to start. Although the patchstorage entry says v1.8, the description in the code says it’s v1.7 and that you’ve broken the chaord array. Do I have the right version?

Then what I really need is a brief description of what it requires as input and output routing, then the overall lobic of its use and what the knobs do...

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Then what I really need is a brief description of what it requires as input and output routing, then the overall lobic of its use and what the knobs do...

You give it "one finger" (a single note) and it adds the other notes in that scale that form a
    chord. Input C and it adds E and G.

Then there are options to add more complex chords like Major 7's and 9th's or remove 3rds for power chords.

So for non-finger uses you should drive it with something like a slow Riffer app set up.
    All notes input are output on the same channel.

• @McD said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

You give it "one finger" (a single note) and it adds the other notes in that scale that form a

Then there are options to add more complex chords like Major 7's and 9th's or remove 3rds for power chords.

So for non-finger uses you should drive it with something like a slow Riffer app set up.

Ok. The knobs seem a bit cryptic for that functionality, but I’ll give it a twiddle and see what happens...

• @McD said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

Autony set to 2 or 4 bars is a good place to start too.