Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• Had a little play with the posted project and the Note Randomizer.:

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@echoopera said:
    Here’s a starter LK + Drambo setup file for you to use if this is your workflow:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/09P33r5yNui8oWfCqIpV5i98Q#LK_Setup

I placed LK in the Main Track so you can access it all from a single view to launch clips for all midi channels.

@sinosoidal @reasOne @rs2000 @wim and others 👊🏼™️

I’m still a Drambo noob, so can I ask you a couple questions how you have the midi rerouting setup?

1) on tracks 2 and 3, they are set to receive midi on channels 2 and 3, but you still have a channel filter on them. Any reason? (Or should they be set to receive any like on track 1 and use the midi channel filter)

I kept this from an earlier build. It may or may not be needed...but i just wanted to be sure the notes were mapped to the right tracks.

2) Are you still using your Drambo layout for the LPX from your “thing of beauty” thread? And if so, the template you posted here, how would you introduce something like scalebud to affect incoming midi to LK (I assume putting one right before LK) and also improve stuff on track 2 or 3 without having to play through the master channel? (Using your 2 octaves of Cm on you LPX template)

I use it when connected. I don’t use scale bud...i just use the CV Quantizer to lock my notes to a specific Scale.

Basically a global scaler. Key change anything going into LK to be recorded or any track selected without putting a scaler on every individual track?

CV Quantizer is your friend.

Again.....sry for being such a noob. Been trying to wrap my head around midi routing in Drambo. Just so used to the AUM matrix thing.

No worries. The routing is flexible in Drambo...it’s just a different workflow which takes time to learn and get comfortable with.

• edited April 2021

@echoopera said:
    CV Quantizer is your friend.

Where would you place this to be able to 1)record into LK and 2) jam on something on track n without running through LK?
    Only way I know would to be to put the quantizer on each track+master, but I’d have to change them all per track if I were to do a key change mid performance. (Unless there’s some secret way I could change the scale on all of them simultaneously, but would still prefer 1 instance rather than 17).
    I assume midi coming from externally on track 2 would run concurrently with the midi from LK on track 2. Is this correct?
    Currently I use a fair amount of the generative stuff in LK, play overtop of it externally from LK, then eventually play it back into LK in overdub.

Long story short, I’m looking to be able to switch between all major scales , and their 3 minor versions with relative ease.

• edited April 2021

Just use the many keyboards available to you in LK to play and jam on an instrument, and then record those takes to various clips within LK.

This is the power and flexibility of LK 😉

If you’re playing externally I’m not sure how to setup the routing. I use a LaunchPad X MK3 to keep me honest playing to a locked scale on the unit.

• @echoopera said:
    Just use the many keyboards available to you in LK to play and jam on an instrument, and then record those takes to various clips within LK.

If you’re playing externally I’m not sure how to setup the routing. I use a LaunchPad X MK3 to keep me honest playing to a locked scale on the unit.

Launchpad Mini 3 setup (and a knob box for cc messages) Locked 4 octave scale (and locked midi channel). Right now I do LP--->LK+AUM (really one used for midi matrix routing and sale bud to convert the locked scales) ---> Drambo. But it seems I would have to have a scaler/cv quantizer on every channel. (drambo tracks are set to receives midi only when active).

• edited April 2021

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@echoopera said:

Launchpad Mini 3 setup (and a knob box for cc messages) Locked 4 octave scale (and locked midi channel). Right now I do LP--->LK+AUM (really one used for midi matrix routing and sale bud to convert the locked scales) ---> Drambo. But it seems I would have to have a scaler/cv quantizer on every channel. (drambo tracks are set to receives midi only when active).?

I’m not in front of my LP at the moment, but can’t we switch Midi Channel Out on the fly? Drambo allows Midi In to be Always On or when Track Selected.

You could then set the routing to work via this live switching. Just a thought.

• edited April 2021

@echoopera said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@echoopera said:

Launchpad Mini 3 setup (and a knob box for cc messages) Locked 4 octave scale (and locked midi channel). Right now I do LP--->LK+AUM (really one used for midi matrix routing and sale bud to convert the locked scales) ---> Drambo. But it seems I would have to have a scaler/cv quantizer on every channel. (drambo tracks are set to receives midi only when active).?

I’m not in front of my LP at the moment, but can’t we switch Midi Channel Out on the fly? Drambo allows Midi In to be Always On or when Track Selected.

This works in notes mode on the x and pro, but not a mini. Just whatever you set in components. So the pads are locked to a midi channel. It’s all good. I’ll figure it out.
    My current setup works, but my question originally was to help me wrap my noggin’ around midi routing. It’s def not as straightforward as AUM matrix.

I think I derailed this LK thread enough. If I have to go down this rabbit hole further, I’ll pick it up in the Drambo thread.

Thanks @echoopera

Sorry @sinosoidal, you can have your thread back now. ;)

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@echoopera said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@echoopera said:

This works in notes mode on the x and pro, but not a mini. Just whatever you set in components. So the pads are locked to a midi channel. It’s all good. I’ll figure it out.
    My current setup works, but my question originally was to help me wrap my noggin’ around midi routing. It’s def not as straightforward as AUM matrix.

I think I derailed this LK thread enough. If I have to go down this rabbit hole further, I’ll pick it up in the Drambo thread.

Thanks @echoopera

Sorry @sinosoidal, you can have your thread back now. ;)

I don't own the thread. The community does! ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @sinosoidal I hadn’t thought about exposing next/previous scene in the UI but now that you mention it, it’s likely a good idea to allow for MIDI mapping (which is so easy in LK). I know there’s only one open slot down here:

but do you need to label Master? Or perhaps the user can toggle between Next and Previous in that one slot using the shift key? Anyway thanks for considering it as i use the arrow keys in Live as @branis suggests and it saves time and/or conserves controller buttons.

@sinosoidal I went back and looked at Live and recalled that there is a preference option for MIDI mapping “play next scene” with one controller button:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=174044

You may not get affirmation here at AB forums since everyone seems to have a launchpad X or whatever but you’d be opening LK up to the army of guitar players and keyboard players who play live with limited buttons and their hands full by offering this option.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @sinosoidal I hadn’t thought about exposing next/previous scene in the UI but now that you mention it, it’s likely a good idea to allow for MIDI mapping (which is so easy in LK). I know there’s only one open slot down here:

but do you need to label Master? Or perhaps the user can toggle between Next and Previous in that one slot using the shift key? Anyway thanks for considering it as i use the arrow keys in Live as @branis suggests and it saves time and/or conserves controller buttons.

@sinosoidal I went back and looked at Live and recalled that there is a preference option for MIDI mapping “play next scene” with one controller button:

You may not get affirmation here at AB forums since everyone seems to have a launchpad X or whatever but you’d be opening LK up to the army of guitar players and keyboard players who play live with limited buttons and their hands full by offering this option.

Interesting. Never seen this before. We will see what we can do.

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Interesting. Never seen this before. We will see what we can do.

Thank you! If you can figure it out and get it in I’ll do a video and start a thread about using LK for live sets with an instrument in your hands. Might open up a new market segment for you if you market the feature a bit. Competitors are Camelot, Setlistmaker, etc. LK is better because many musicians are already familiar with Live.

• @sinosoidal I was going to email you via Testflight, but I can't seem to attach the movie file. Noticing a very weird scale/transition bug when you move from view to view in AUM. See attached .zip file for screen recording.

This bug doesn't appear in StandAlone...but is evident in AUM, Drambo UI workflows. Let me know if you need more details. This is from the latest shipping version...and still present in the latest Beta in TestFlight.

Cheers.

• @echoopera said:
    @sinosoidal I was going to email you via Testflight, but I can't seem to attach the movie file. Noticing a very weird scale/transition bug when you move from view to view in AUM. See attached .zip file for screen recording.

This bug doesn't appear in StandAlone...but is evident in AUM, Drambo UI workflows. Let me know if you need more details. This is from the latest shipping version...and still present in the latest Beta in TestFlight.

Cheers.

This one is affecting other user here. I'm planning to remove this animation to make things smoother. Let's see if it fixes the problem.

• @branis said:

@Frank303 said:
    Anyone else having this delay, when hosting LK in Drambo, switching from LK module to LK module?

Switching LK modules is smooth here, but my Drambo projects have less tracks than yours, about 5-6. Could it be the CPU load? I’m on an iPad 2020 10.2 btw

@echoopera said:
    @sinosoidal I was going to email you via Testflight, but I can't seem to attach the movie file. Noticing a very weird scale/transition bug when you move from view to view in AUM. See attached .zip file for screen recording.

Cheers.

We've just made available 1.10.7 (build 234) for beta testing. In this build we have removed the animations when switching modules. Can you please let me know if this resolves the problem you were having? Thx!

• edited April 2021

@echoopera yeah that’s what I have too! Here it’s even a longer delay.
    @sinosoidal of to try it now!
    Edit: confirm it works much, much better for me without the animations! No more scaling and feels instant now! Thanks again!

• @Frank303 said:
    @echoopera yeah that’s what I have too! Here it’s even a longer delay.
    @sinosoidal of to try it now!
    Edit: confirm it works much, much better for me without the animations! No more scaling and feels instant now! Thanks again!

That's great news! Thanks for confirming.

• Hi @sinosoidal , would it be possible in LaunchKey Mini MK3 that the pads in Drums mode were enlightened?
    Thanks

I take this opportunity to tell you that the new firmware of the LKMK3 (1.1) doesn't break the integration with LK :smile:

• @Tatobx said:
    Hi @sinosoidal , would it be possible in LaunchKey Mini MK3 that the pads in Drums mode were enlightened?
    Thanks

I take this opportunity to tell you that the new firmware of the LKMK3 (1.1) doesn't break the integration with LK :smile:

We need to investigate.

• edited May 2021

We are uploading a new build of version 1.10.7 (build 235) with the following changes:

• Added midi mappable scene up/down buttons to master track (midi mode only) @lukesleepwalker
    • Added visual feedback to scenes with follow action (indicator and progress) @branis
    • Set midi output device to LK Output when creating tracks on midi import
    • Removed module switching animations @Frank303
    • Fix clip selection boundaries
    • Fix scene follow action bug
    • Fix midi import crash when importing automations @White
  • @sinosoidal said:
    We are uploading a new build of version 1.10.7 (build 235) with the following changes:

• Added midi mappable scene up/down buttons to master track (midi mode only) @lukesleepwalker
    • Added visual feedback to scenes with follow action (indicator and progress) @branis

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

So stoked! Thank you!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@sinosoidal said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

So stoked! Thank you!

Please let me know how it works for you! :wink:

• how do you record drums again? using a midi controller ( lp mini mk3 ..in my case)

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@sinosoidal said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

So stoked! Thank you!

Please let me know how it works for you! :wink:

Will do, please see your DMs.

• @sinosoidal said:

Thanks, it works fine now 😊

• @sinosoidal said:

@Tatobx said:
    Hi @sinosoidal , would it be possible in LaunchKey Mini MK3 that the pads in Drums mode were enlightened?
    Thanks

We need to investigate.

Thanks a lot

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@branis said:
    After using the Scene follow actions for a while now, I find that having a scene progress indicator, like in clips, would be very useful. The indicator would make sense only for scenes with follow actions and would be based on the length of the scene.

I previously suggested some kind of indicator that would inform about whether a scene is launched, but that also has use only with scenes with follow actions, so a progress bar would give both info at once.

Does this look useful to anyone else. @sinosoidal what do you think?

+1! I get lost in the progress of a scene sometimes.

Just wondering if have you tried the new scene progress feature included the last beta? :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@branis said:
    After using the Scene follow actions for a while now, I find that having a scene progress indicator, like in clips, would be very useful. The indicator would make sense only for scenes with follow actions and would be based on the length of the scene.

I previously suggested some kind of indicator that would inform about whether a scene is launched, but that also has use only with scenes with follow actions, so a progress bar would give both info at once.

Just wondering if have you tried the new scene progress feature included the last beta? :blush:

Indeed, it's awesome! Such a helpful indicator to have when working with follow actions. Coupled with the new Previous/Next buttons to move through scenes incrementally with a couple of controller buttons, this is as easy to use as Ableton Live as a MIDI hub for live use. Great work!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@branis said:

Indeed, it's awesome! Such a helpful indicator to have when working with follow actions. Coupled with the new Previous/Next buttons to move through scenes incrementally with a couple of controller buttons, this is as easy to use as Ableton Live as a MIDI hub for live use. Great work!

Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• Hi, I just got a Launchkey mini mk3 to use with LK.
    I kept reading about Launchpads and stuff so I though it’d be a nice test, if I don’t like I always have the keys :)
    I know this has been discussed plenty but if someone with a Launchkey could help me out...

• Whats the deal with the colors?. All clips are orange, then I make one green and it turns out red... I know this has been discussed but I don’t know if there’s a “proper” solution.
    • How do you trigger scenes in a way that makes sense?. I’m aware it might be a limitation of the Launchkey only having 2 rows and one “launch scene” button... I fond it really unintuitive to scroll up and down using shift to select the scene to play. Maybe mapping an empty pad on each row to scene launch?. I usually play triggering scenes.
      Maybe there’s a video or tutorial somewhere?. Cheers and thanks in advance!.
  • @tahiche said:
    Hi, I just got a Launchkey mini mk3 to use with LK.
    I kept reading about Launchpads and stuff so I though it’d be a nice test, if I don’t like I always have the keys :)
    I know this has been discussed plenty but if someone with a Launchkey could help me out...

• Whats the deal with the colors?. All clips are orange, then I make one green and it turns out red... I know this has been discussed but I don’t know if there’s a “proper” solution.
    • How do you trigger scenes in a way that makes sense?. I’m aware it might be a limitation of the Launchkey only having 2 rows and one “launch scene” button... I fond it really unintuitive to scroll up and down using shift to select the scene to play. Maybe mapping an empty pad on each row to scene launch?. I usually play triggering scenes.
      Maybe there’s a video or tutorial somewhere?. Cheers and thanks in advance!.

Sorry I'm not helping you but:

• for the colors there is no correspondence at the moment, but for me it is not a big problem
    • that's just how I launch the scenes, it's intuitive for me because I used it with Ableton and it worked like that