Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @soundtemple said:

@sinosoidal said:

@soundtemple said:
    1. Main is issue is that moving any parameter results in very jittery movement. See video

The problem should be fixed in the latest beta 1.12.2. Can you please confirm?

hey, thanks for quick fix!!
    Happy to test but not on the beta

Please send me pvt message with your email if you want to join the beta. :blush:

• @RajahP said:
    Wow.. Congrats… Great update..

We released one more update this weekend. Apart from a couple of new settings the focus is getting ride of crashes.

• If you first do a long midi recording into a clip, what is your best way to convert this into multiple clips, each of N bars length? Is manual cut and paste the only option?

@sinosoidal would you consider adding such a feature? Would be great for cutting up longer takes into vertical clips and playing around with various clip combinations.

• edited April 2022

So, how do you draw (edit) velocities on the entire clip?

Thanks.

• @RajahP said:

Thanks.

Select all notes and use shift while editing velocity

• @branis said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.

Select all notes and use shift while editing velocity

Cool.. Thanks..

• edited April 2022

@krassmann said:

I want to use LK and Loopy Pro together in AUM and use my Launchpad X with Loopy. I turn off the LPX in LK but when I load the AUM project again LK takes over the Launchpad again. Is there any way how to make the controller settings in LK permanent? It does not seem to store it in its AU state.

Sorry for the long delay on this. We have just released a beta (LK 1.12.3) that has an option to enable/disable the controllers when LK is instantiated (Sync controllers at startup) . By default this option is enabled. Disabling this option should prevent LK from taking over controllers that were synced to Loopy Pro.

Do you want to give it a try and let us know if fixes your problem?

Thanks! :blush:

• edited April 2022

@sinosoidal Is there a way to add/edit probability on clips in Live mode? Or is this an API limitation?

• @auxmux said:
    @sinosoidal Is there a way to add/edit probability on clips in Live mode? Or is this an API limitation?

It seems that it is possible to manipulate probability using the Live API. We don't have support for that yet on LK. I will open issue but can't provide you an ETA

• @bleep said:
    If you first do a long midi recording into a clip, what is your best way to convert this into multiple clips, each of N bars length? Is manual cut and paste the only option?

@sinosoidal would you consider adding such a feature? Would be great for cutting up longer takes into vertical clips and playing around with various clip combinations.

@sinosoidal did you have a chance to consider this? I see it as tedious manual work that is so well suited for automation ;-)

• @sinosoidal said:

@auxmux said:

It seems that it is possible to manipulate probability using the Live API. We don't have support for that yet on LK. I will open issue but can't provide you an ETA

No problem, that would be great, thanks for looking into it.

• @bleep said:

@bleep said:
    If you first do a long midi recording into a clip, what is your best way to convert this into multiple clips, each of N bars length? Is manual cut and paste the only option?

@sinosoidal did you have a chance to consider this? I see it as tedious manual work that is so well suited for automation ;-)

I think it would be more useful to add a split clip command. That would split a clip into two at the current insertion point. A lot of the time the sections one would want wouldn’t be identical length.

• edited April 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@bleep said:

@bleep said:

I think it would be more useful to add a split clip command. That would split a clip into two at the current insertion point. A lot of the time the sections one would want wouldn’t be identical length.

Maybe, but my use case would be a fixed loop length where notes are in place, then record a long take of automation variations, then split to N clips with the original length and trying out various combinations with similar clips from other tracks.

• I got this app today because of how active the developers are. I am not an ableton user, and I am a total weirdo when it comes to choosing what to buy. I am loving it so far even though I am only using an iPhone, and it can be a bit small. Nonetheless good job guys!!!!!

• edited April 2022

Anyone have an issue where using the LK script in live 11 makes it impossible to select multiple items (tracks/clips) using the [shift] keyboard key and mouse in live?

Works fine until I activate the script. Script/LK works perfectly otherwise.

Mac Monterey

• Would appreciate some guidance on recording into LK Matrix using Arturia Keystep 32 in AUM. My AUM midi routing I think is ok because I am able to record into Atom2 no problem and no problem recording into LK using the touchscreen. When I have the Keystep routed to my synth of choice and to LK, I am still unable to record notes with it. Pretty sure I am missing something painfully obvious. Wouldn’t be the first time. Thank you

• I’ve started using LK in Loopy again today, as the latest loopy beta allows you to use exposed AU parameters in midi sources.

I’m using the follow actions on loopy dummy clips to trigger LK clips and it works great. The only thing I’m finding is that when you go from one clip trigger to another, it doubles the first note of the bar a tiny bit - I’m testing with drums so the double kick on the first beat is very noticeable.

Does this ring any bells as to why this might be happening @sinosoidal ?

Obviously it’s the loopy beta so I can’t share the project, but thought it might be worth asking anyway.

Here’s a video…

• Actually @sinosoidal don’t worry. @Michael has explained why this is happening in loopy and we’re trying to work it out

• @myapologies said:
    Would appreciate some guidance on recording into LK Matrix using Arturia Keystep 32 in AUM. My AUM midi routing I think is ok because I am able to record into Atom2 no problem and no problem recording into LK using the touchscreen. When I have the Keystep routed to my synth of choice and to LK, I am still unable to record notes with it. Pretty sure I am missing something painfully obvious. Wouldn’t be the first time. Thank you

Have you armed the track? Have you enabled song recording?

• @sinosoidal
    Yes, was able to get a track easily recorded on channel one, but the Keystep gets stuck playing whatever is on channel 1 even when I disconnect from channel 1 and connect it to a synth on another channel and arm the corresponding track in LK. It still plays through channel 1 even when I disconnect it’s midi in AUM altogether. I also tried physically unplugging and plugging in again and it will still play through channel one when there is no visible connection to the Keystep set up in AUM. I doublechecked the AUM midi channel filters and the keyboard is still stuck playing through channel 1. The Matrix is great. Would timidly venture that the problem lies outside LK? Maybe I need a new controller. Thank you for following up on this. Any help is much appreciated.

• @sinosoidal please add SL Mixface controller support: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/studiologic-sl-mixface it is the only Bluetooth LE MIDI device besides the cheap/problematic Korg ones that's set up like a mixer, and it has recording/mute/solo switching which makes it a great all-in-one mix and recording controller for LK. If you can't keep up with adding next gen controllers (Bluetooth MIDI) then please open up a JS based controller scripting environment like Atom2.

• How are yall getting a Launchpad to work with LK in AUM? I notice it autoconnects in the DAW slot and allows all the session mode stuff to show up but how are ya’ll getting it to play notes? Are you routing the LP midi slot to the LK input?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    How are yall getting a Launchpad to work with LK in AUM? I notice it autoconnects in the DAW slot and allows all the session mode stuff to show up but how are ya’ll getting it to play notes? Are you routing the LP midi slot to the LK input?

Maybe not all Launchpads are supported?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    How are yall getting a Launchpad to work with LK in AUM? I notice it autoconnects in the DAW slot and allows all the session mode stuff to show up but how are ya’ll getting it to play notes? Are you routing the LP midi slot to the LK input?

What is your Launchpad? Specifc model and revision. Can you share a screenshot of your routing?

• @rs2000 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Maybe not all Launchpads are supported?

Definitely possible, but according to the app, mine is (Launchpad Pro 3), so I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong, or if the integration isn’t quite complete, or if additional routing via the midi port of the LPP3 is required?

• edited June 2022

@sinosoidal said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

What is your Launchpad? Specifc model and revision. Can you share a screenshot of your routing?

Launchpad Pro 3

Session mode works fine without any routing, and displays all the clips shown in LK on the launchpad, but Note mode plays nothing

Edit: whereas Atom 2, for instance, requires no routing for either session mode or note mode to work

Edit #2: And as seen here in the drop down input menu, LK doesn’t see LPP3 midi port as a usable ‘source’, only the DAW port

For those unaware: the Launchpad Pro 3 and X (and maybe others) have multiple ports in one usb connection. The ‘DAW’ port which drives session mode and the side buttons and the ‘Midi’ port which drives notes on the 64 pads

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Launchpad Pro 3

Session mode works fine without any routing, and displays all the clips shown in LK on the launchpad, but Note mode plays nothing

Edit: whereas Atom 2, for instance, requires no routing for either session mode or note mode to work

Edit #2: And as seen here in the drop down input menu, LK doesn’t see LPP3 midi port as a usable ‘source’, only the DAW port

For those unaware: the Launchpad Pro 3 and X (and maybe others) have multiple ports in one usb connection. The ‘DAW’ port which drives session mode and the side buttons and the ‘Midi’ port which drives notes on the 64 pads

I route the launchpad’s midi out to LK

• @espiegel123 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Launchpad Pro 3

Good to know. It’d be nice if the dev could integrate it directly on both ports like we have in atom.

Also, Are you ever getting dropped or hanging notes with LK?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Launchpad Pro 3

Good to know. It’d be nice if the dev could integrate it directly on both ports like we have in atom.

I haven't had a problem with hanging notes -- but I haven't used it tons.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Launchpad Pro 3

I haven't had a problem with hanging notes -- but I haven't used it tons.

I have this problem when sending midi to loopy pro. But the problem comes from Loopy not LK.