Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• edited October 2021

@sinosoidal said:

@Janosax said:
    @sinosoidal Colors are lost/all over the place when restoring an AUM session (LK last beta):

Restore like this

Is that an old project? I can't explain the phenomena. No one else has complain of similar problem.

It was fixed by creating some new presets. Thanks.

• edited October 2021

Back again. Still encountering the same problem. Thought I had fixed it, but it keeps persisting.

I use LK to trigger loops in Koala. AUM is the host.
    When I play a scene in LK, the loop in Koala is not triggered - the first time around.

However, as soon as the scene (and its clips) in LK plays the second time around, then Koala starts playing.

If I use Atom to trigger the loops in Koala, they play instantly, so the issue seems to be with LK.

One strange thing: if I very slightly delay the note offset in the LK clip, then it will trigger Koala the first time around. But, if it starts at 1.0 on the timeline (as I want it to do) it doesn’t trigger Koala - until the second time around.

• @galmandsværk said:
    Back again. Still encountering the same problem. Thought I had fixed it, but it keeps persisting.

I use LK to trigger loops in Koala. AUM is the host.
    When I play a scene in LK, the loop in Koala is not triggered - the first time around.

However, as soon as the scene (and its clips) in LK plays the second time around, then Koala starts playing.

If I use Atom to trigger the loops in Koala, they play instantly, so the issue seems to be with LK.

One strange thing: if I very slightly delay the note offset in the LK clip, then it will trigger Koala the first time around. But, if it starts at 1.0 on the timeline (as I want it to do) it doesn’t trigger Koala - until the second time around.

Solved, kinda.

As soon as I revert to the default patch in LK and set up the clips again, everything triggers at the right time.

But if I use my saved template for LK projects, then the problem occurs. I’ll try to make a new template and save it and see if the problem comes back.

• edited October 2021

@sinosoidal here is a(nother one!!!) feature request :smile:

It could be super interesting from a performance perspective to have dual view mode, like with Touchable Pro. Having clips and mixer on the same screen is super useful. It can work with two instances, but true dual view will give wider controls:

LK double instances

Touchable Pro dual view

• @Janosax said:
    @sinosoidal here is a(nother one!!!) feature request :smile:

It could be super interesting from a performance perspective to have dual view mode, like with Touchable Pro. Having clips and mixer on the same screen is super useful. It can work with two instances, but true dual view will give wider controls:

LK double instances

Touchable Pro dual view

Yes! I was thinking this too. Not seen touchable so good to see a use case!

• I’ve been getting some crashes recently using LK in AUM. It’s quite a complex song but nothing too crazy. The LK interface stops responding and the current scene keeps playing. If I try to reload the AUM preset, the LK instance won’t open. I have to completely quit AUM and load again.

Let me know if I can help to debug it.

• @gregsmith said:
    I’ve been getting some crashes recently using LK in AUM. It’s quite a complex song but nothing too crazy. The LK interface stops responding and the current scene keeps playing. If I try to reload the AUM preset, the LK instance won’t open. I have to completely quit AUM and load again.

Is there any chance you have a MIDI loop going on? (LK sending to anything and getting that echoed back to it, or vice-versa)

• @wim said:

@gregsmith said:
    I’ve been getting some crashes recently using LK in AUM. It’s quite a complex song but nothing too crazy. The LK interface stops responding and the current scene keeps playing. If I try to reload the AUM preset, the LK instance won’t open. I have to completely quit AUM and load again.

Is there any chance you have a MIDI loop going on? (LK sending to anything and getting that echoed back to it, or vice-versa)

Just checked and it’s just the aum keyboard that’s sending midi to LK. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• edited October 2021

@sinosoidal
    There is something very wrong with LK in AUM and I have reported this same issue before, a few versions and weeks back :)
    The big problem is that it goes into a sort of ghost state so you don't get any crash reports. But, I managed to record some of the issues (not the cause) which are that you can't open clip menus, saves does not take (goes for everything in AUM).
    The velocity can not be drawn when selecting multi-notes but the whole bunch moves. A selected note can't be moved, instead it replicates itself when you try.
    Hope this little gif clip helps (Latest Beta iOS 15.02 iPad Pro 2021 11')

• @Pxlhg said:
    @sinosoidal
    There is something very wrong with LK in AUM and I have reported this same issue before, a few versions and weeks back :)
    The big problem is that it goes into a sort of ghost state so you don't get any crash reports. But, I managed to record some of the issues (not the cause) which are that you can't open clip menus, saves does not take (goes for everything in AUM).
    The velocity can not be drawn when selecting multi-notes but the whole bunch moves. A selected note can't be moved, instead it replicates itself when you try.

I've noticed that you have the shift button enabled. The "issues" you're reporting are behaviours related to the shift button being activated, that will give you extra functionalities, such as note copy, overall velocity changes and so on =) Try disabling it and see if the problems persist

• @xglax said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @sinosoidal

> >

I've noticed that you have the shift button enabled. The "issues" you're reporting are behaviours related to the shift button being activated, that will give you extra functionalities, such as note copy, overall velocity changes and so on =) Try disabling it and see if the problems persist

Ok, but I am talking about major (silent)crashes here not just functionality which I appreciate the lesson on. I still get those greyed out screens every now and then too. Everything I demonstrate in the video is the shift, even clip menu stop responding. That last one could go, right. I do feel a bit embarrassed but I do persist in: something is wrong :D

• Is there a way to set up a clip to be armed for recording and to receive notes from the built-in keyboard, switch to the keyboard layout and have recording start when either you play the first note or press play on the transport button?

• edited October 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to set up a clip to be armed for recording and to receive notes from the built-in keyboard, switch to the keyboard layout and have recording start when either you play the first note or press play on the transport button?

@xglax
    Indeed , like the "start recording on scene launch" is settings ( up right ) , a " start recording on transport play " would be very very welcome and useful :blush:
    And, when pressing transport play again , that it relaunches in quantisation what was playing :smile:

Lov'

• edited October 2021

Hi everyone,
    I have a starters question about LK (stand alone).

When using the shift button I should be able to add a new track and/or row (with the +/- buttons that should appear) if I understand correctly?

Cause pressing shift in the main screen while in Matrix mode, doesn’t do anything for me. The shift buttons do turn green though.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Uh yeh?? Must have gotten broken in the last update. I know it worked before.
    It’s broken in the AUv3 version too.

[edit] it seems the new workflow is to long-press in the empty space to bring up the menu to add tracks, etc.. Which leads me to wonder what the shift buttons are for now?

• Hi @sinosoidal

I’m having a problem with LK and AUM’s midi control mapping. If I map my controller via AUM midi control to the Record Arm parameter across 8 tracks, it only ever remembers the track 1 mapping after saving and closing/reopening the session.

I’m presuming this is something to do with the timing with which LK shows it’s currently available parameters when AUM is launching, i.e before LK has opened its own project (but that’s admittedly a very amateur theory).

Is this a bug or just a fact of life? Is there a workaround (although remapping each time is not the end of the world)?

Thank you - I may have sent this request via the beta feedback, but I’m not sure that was the right place or if I actually sent it successfully. Also sorry if it’s come up before and I missed it.

• @wim said:

[edit] it seems the new workflow is to long-press in the empty space to bring up the menu to add tracks, etc.. Which leads me to wonder what the shift buttons are for now?

Hi Wim, thanks!
    Yeah that works as you suggested, which sort of makes the older Imaginando tutorial videos obsolete.

Wonder if that is by design, or the buttons are broken.

• @Eurikon said:

@wim said:

Hi Wim, thanks!
    Yeah that works as you suggested, which sort of makes the older Imaginando tutorial videos obsolete.

You can add Tracks and Scenes with long press on Master button.
    As far as I know, the Shift key is used to:

• select a clip without activating it
    • change the arrows in the bottom bar from left-right to up-down
    • select different note ranges in the piano roll
  • @Tatobx said:

@Eurikon said:

@wim said:

Hi Wim, thanks!

The first one is the only time I ever use it. The devs listened to us and made most shift actions long press instead.

• @gregsmith said:

@Tatobx said:

@Eurikon said:

@wim said:

Hi Wim, thanks!

The first one is the only time I ever use it. The devs listened to us and made most shift actions long press instead.

I use shift to arm/monitor several tracks at the same time, crucial for that.

• Can someone please advise, if there is a way to enter triplet notes in the Piano Roll?

• @Tatobx said:

Okay thanks!

• edited November 2021

@Tatobx said:

@Eurikon said:

@wim said:

Hi Wim, thanks!

Also:

• You can drag and copy notes in a clip, when moving them

• You can drag an copy a clip, by moving it to a new slot

• You can change all selected note velocities at once

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to set up a clip to be armed for recording and to receive notes from the built-in keyboard, switch to the keyboard layout and have recording start when either you play the first note or press play on the transport button?

Right now there is a workaround for that. Put that clip playing, and click on the stop button in the transport bar. When you do this, the clip will be in a "trigger" state. When the clips are in this state, when you press the play button on the transport bar, they will start to play right away. Then, you just need to arm the track and press the record button. The clip will be ready to record as soon as you press play

• @xglax said:

@Tatobx said:

Also:

Very useful didnt know !
    thanks for posting that :)

• @paikan777 said:

@xglax said:

@Tatobx said:

Also:

Very useful didnt know !
    thanks for posting that :)

And you can arm multiple tracks for recording by using Shift and tapping on the recording button on the tracks.

• @White said:
    And you can arm multiple tracks for recording by using Shift and tapping on the recording button on the tracks.

Yes thank you White that I knew , others will be happy to read it though :)

For arming / unarming multiple chosen tracks , I use "clip actions" now , that are wonderful :)

• @xglax said:

@espiegel123 said:

Right now there is a workaround for that. Put that clip playing, and click on the stop button in the transport bar. When you do this, the clip will be in a "trigger" state. When the clips are in this state, when you press the play button on the transport bar, they will start to play right away. Then, you just need to arm the track and press the record button. The clip will be ready to record as soon as you press play

Thanks. It looks like this only can be done with an existing clip (I.e. empty but with a length). Is there a way to do that with an “empty” clip so that one can do unlimited recording?

• edited November 2021

—accident-/

• edited November 2021

@wim said:

@gregsmith said:

I have the same issue with my current live setup that includes a lot of external devices: BeatStep Pro, Launchpad X, MicroFreak and Uno Synth. The project has some complexity. I downgraded from latest beta to store version but nothing changed. Now I set all track‘s Midi input to none. I will continue today and let’s see if that helped.