Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What iOS app will replace this incredible guitar pedal (part 2)

I make a similar thread yesterday with an other pedal and you guys were absolutely fantastic with all your answers. This is why I’m making a part 2.

This time, I’m asking you a more difficult question. What app or set of app can replace this pedal:

Thank you!

Comments

• The 12 string emulation is what I like the most about this pedal.

• Eventide Crystals is my guess.

• Possibly not in the same league sonically, but an iOS option:

• edited July 2020

Three components:

• Thafknar with impulse responses from the same six guitars that are used in the Aura Spectrum
    • 12-string will require a high-quality polyphonic pitch shifter, dunno which one is the best to shift up polyphonic guitar by one octave? @mojozart how good is Crystals in this regard? Or Qvox maybe?
    • Drambo for everything else
  • Tonestack has an Acoustic IAP.
    Probably similar to the Amplitube one suggested already.

• Honestly no good 12 string acoustic emulations on iOS. They all just double each string which is not correct. 1st and 2nd are doubled. You likely could do what @rs2000 suggested with a pitch shifter, maybe Harmony Eight (VirSyn) would work too

• @mjcouche said:
    Honestly no good 12 string acoustic emulations on iOS. They all just double each string which is not correct. 1st and 2nd are doubled. You likely could do what @rs2000 suggested with a pitch shifter, maybe Harmony Eight (VirSyn) would work too

Edit: just tried this in AUM driving BeatHawk on 6 different channels with the Jammy MIDI guitar. Harmony Eight on each channel, octave for the first 4 channels and 5 cents off for the last two. Crackle fest. I do have the Amplitube acoustic emulator as mentioned by @SNystrom . MY be your best bet in the immediate term.

• @mjcouche said:

@mjcouche said:
    Honestly no good 12 string acoustic emulations on iOS. They all just double each string which is not correct. 1st and 2nd are doubled. You likely could do what @rs2000 suggested with a pitch shifter, maybe Harmony Eight (VirSyn) would work too

Edit: just tried this in AUM driving BeatHawk on 6 different channels with the Jammy MIDI guitar. Harmony Eight on each channel, octave for the first 4 channels and 5 cents off for the last two. Crackle fest. I do have the Amplitube acoustic emulator as mentioned by @SNystrom . MY be your best bet in the immediate term.

I didn't name Drambo for pitch shifting because shifting one octave up does not sound that good. Shifting one octave down however works quite OK...
    I personally use the hardware Whammy Ricochet for polyphonic octave shifts...

• I wonder if one of these ToneStack pedals might be effective:

• Perhaps simply using this "cocked" in parallel with the clean tone might be effective...

• Have only tried this one to create synth guitarish tones, personally:

• I couldn't figure out what it was. I was just guessing that 12 string would need some shimmery pitch bend, like Crystals.

In theory Bias FX 2 guitar match etc would do this.

I'd try one of the acoustic settings in FabFilter Q and see if Roxsyn can synthesize the high strings.

• edited July 2020

Roxsyn! How could I forget?
    It doesn't sound too bad when using a band pass filter to reduce the harshness of the up-shifted voice.
    It does not sound like the shifted voice is really synthesized in Roxsyn, that must be a pitch shifter.
    The Whammy Ricochet does sound much more like synthesis in fact.