Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus/Xequence not loading correct tempo?

Does anyone else get this where you save a project at a specific tempo and when you reload it later the tempo has gone back to 120bpm or whatever? It’s not every time but quite often.

I can’t work out if it’s Xequence or Audiobus which is causing the problem.

Comments

• Check if Ableton Link is enabled.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

Yep. That would be Link doing that.

• edited July 2020

Yep link is enabled. Do I want it turned off? I always assumed Xequence needed it but does it get its tempo from the host otherwise?

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

If Link is enabled and another Link enabled app is running, then X2 will start at the Link tempo. So, either start X2 first, with no other Link enabled apps running, or disable Link.

(That includes other devices on the same network. One time I had forgotten that Link was running in Live in my PC and couldn’t figure out why tempo was getting reset when nothing else was running on my iPad.)

• Thanks 🙏

• Yes @gregsmith I struggled with this for a while... I finally just made sure that I opened Xequence first all the time and it solved it.

• @onerez said:
    Yes @gregsmith I struggled with this for a while... I finally just made sure that I opened Xequence first all the time and it solved it.

Ah thank you! I always do Audiobus first so that’ll be the issue. Only takes seconds to change it but was really doing my head in!

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

It might be worth tagging @SevenSystems on this one.

Some hosts pop up an alert when opening a project where the saved tempo differs from Link tempo, giving you the option to reset the Link tempo or to use it. I find that a helpful feature.

• @wim said:
    It might be worth tagging @SevenSystems on this one.

Some hosts pop up an alert when opening a project where the saved tempo differs from Link tempo, giving you the option to reset the Link tempo or to use it. I find that a helpful feature.

Agreed - I've had a few xequence projects change tempo on their own because of the app loading order I've used.

• @everyone -- thanks for bringing this up. The current behaviour of Xequence is actually incorrect in a few cases. Starting a Link-enabled app or loading a project in such an app should actually never change the tempo of an existing Link session. This will be fixed in the next major Xequence update.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @everyone -- thanks for bringing this up. The current behaviour of Xequence is actually incorrect in a few cases. Starting a Link-enabled app or loading a project in such an app should actually never change the tempo of an existing Link session. This will be fixed in the next major Xequence update.

Thanks as usual 🙏