Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD on sale for limited time $3.99 from $7.99 US

Comments

• Thanks! It's really cool, and the Tonight Show thing showed how fun it can be to set up and use, but it just seems like a "tweener" short of the capabilities of other DAW's, some of which aren't that expensive (or in the case of GarageBand, free!). But if you just want to casually mess around with looping, it could be a "gateway drug".

• Loopy is not a Daw. It's a looper.

• Great buying!!! Thanx

• edited March 2014

@mgmg4871 said:

Loopy is not a Daw. It's a looper.

and quite a serious looper, though deceptively simple to use. Just go buy it :-)

I finally got a cheap large diaphragm condenser mic to use with my Focusrite 2i2. Wow, it works stunningly well with Loopy. With 12-15 vocal layers going I get no build up of static/ noise at all.

Now... just to work on my voice o_0.

• edited March 2014

Wow, that's an interesting decision. Did @Michael run out of space in the bank?

• My guess is that he put in the request 5 minutes after he heard Loopy HD was on TV. And then Apple approved it Monday morning.

The question is if a 50% price reduction would bring more than twice the sales. For a $8 app, I think so. Good for users, good for sales.

• Loopy HD still killing in the US App Store charts.

• I agree...for viewers who checked the store after viewing, $8 is probably not an instabuy decision. But having the app now highlighted in the sale feed, and while the show and app name are still in peoples minds , I believe it's a smart play. I'm a sucker for stats and would love to see that data flow, but income is a pretty personal topic. However, the 8000% sales increase that Michael mentioned in that radio interview is an indication of the scale that kind of exposure can bring. Awesome.

• @StormJH1 Garageband is not really free,... you payed top$$ for it when you payed for your overpriced Idevice :-))

• You may be posting in the wrong forum, Frank...

• Hi @Zymos I dont think so ,see post#2 ;-)

• edited March 2014

Frank, I think Zymos was referring to calling an iDevice overpriced. Thing is, most of us on the forum are amazed at how underpriced the iOS music ecosystem is (including cost of iDevice), especially when compared to PC-based music.

• ^ yep, that ^

• @Hmtx@Zymos I see what you guys say , and I completely agree with you that the IOS software universe is amazingly cheap and obviously a labour of love made by some of the smartest artists of our time.period.
    As far as Hardware goes: i love my iPad and at 499 a basic Air is not too expensive,but here it comes.....200 more to get an extra 48GB???? At current RAM prices is Daylight Robbery.especially if you consider that the 16gb version is a profitable item already.but what can we do?there is no competition.Now Apple uses this profit to give us "Free"software Garageband iMovie etc and everybody is supposed to compete with that.
    I Feel that there is an unbalance in the way the revenues from all of this are distributed,and I wish that the next time somebody complaint about a couple of $ for a piece of software that they would take their grieves to Apple and try to get some RAM discount ;-)