Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Players Effects Routing Help In AUM

So I’m trying to recreate the effects flow i use when i play live at church.

In AUM i see the channel fader as my volume pedal. So let me know if this setup makes sense:

In my pedal board i have all my drive effects before the volume pedal then after volume pedal i have my modulation effects like delay and reverbs

Drive effects> Volume Pedal> Modulation effects> to Amplifier.

So in AUM should the drive effects be set as pre and the modulation effects post?
And my Amp simulator at the end of the chain?

Trying to make sense of all this routing. Thanks for any advise and suggestions.❤️❤️🙏☝️

Comments

• I might try it like this:

Channel 1 input: audio interface (your guitar)
    Channel 1 effects: drive effects (pre fader)
    Channel 1 output: Bus A

Channel 2 input: Bus A
    Channel 2 effects: Modulation effects (post fader)
    Channel 2 output: Bus B

Channel 3 input: Bus B
    Channel 3 effects: your amp sim
    Channel 3 output: audio interface (your speakers)

• Wow that’s cool gonna try it.
    So far since I don’t have my electric guitar with me, Good old faithful ThumbJam has an awesome Clean Electric Guitar preset which soumds amazing thru the Nembrini effects and others. Gonna try it and see how it sounds with this setup.

I love having the modulation effects after the volume pedal as thet delay tails and reverb tails continue to sound even if i press the volume pedal all the way down. I love this especially on swells.

• edited July 2020

It worked like a beauty!

I love it cause i can have the original dry version recorded and the other buses with effects will be recorded too separately; so if change my mind on the effects later, can be done with no problem!

Only thing i did was add the Nembrini amo Sim on the second bus all by itself because if inadded it in the last bus it didn’t sound right for some reason.

Thanks !❤️❤️❤️❤️☝️🙏

@syrupcore said:
    I might try it like this:

Channel 1 input: audio interface (your guitar)
    Channel 1 effects: drive effects (pre fader)
    Channel 1 output: Bus A

Channel 2 input: Bus A
    Channel 2 effects: Modulation effects (post fader)
    Channel 2 output: Bus B

Channel 3 input: Bus B
    Channel 3 effects: your amp sim
    Channel 3 output: audio interface (your speakers)

• Hey in case you have any delay/reverb effects I would recommend to put them behind the amp sim.
    I also like to put my overdrive/saturation effects post fader so I can control their amounts with the volume fader. But then you obviously need access to the fader. I use my audio/midi interface with expression pedal.

• For some reason i noticed my cpu usage goes higher if i set it up with different channels in AUM
    But if i place everything in a single channel and just specify wheter the insert effect is pre or post in this same channel, cpu is lower wonder why?