Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How about this then: anyone still using Auria Pro?

I ask because my query about a reproducible crash didn’t yield any advice.
Is anyone having a pleasant ongoing relationship with AP these days?

Comments

• I’m working on it and so far so good! Love it and I can’t believe how powerful it is!

• edited July 2020

I still use it on every track. I don't run into problems, it works well for me.

I did see your post, but I didn't have time to reply. One thing that caught my eye was that you said the native plugins were causing you problems, which surprised me. I think there may be an issue with Overloud (I don't know I haven't used it for years), but otherwise I have never had a crash from using the native plugins.

Generally issues can be traced back to specific third-party plugins, but it seems that Auria is a mixed experience from user to user. It's always worked well for me, but plenty of others have had issues. 🤷‍♀️

• Yeah when i tried the beta i was able to test the overloud and it did have issues. Other wise rock solid so far.

• I did have an issue with Drum Session but it was Drum Session’s UI issue fixed in latest update.

• @Littlewoodg said:

I use it for all my mixing mastering work.

• @ecou said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I use it for all my mixing mastering work.

I think nobody as answered your other thread because it is a very specific question and you did not give people enough time to answer. I was working I did not read your other message.

To my knowledge it as no been proven if app not running are crashing Auria. I get very few crash lately and I been using Auria daily for the last month.

• I reinstalled it recently to see how it would work sequencing SEGments via MIDI. Didn’t take to the MIDI editor at all, had a crash (could have been a SEGments, or Auria issue), uninstalled again.

I used to use it for audio tracks, but it’s not fun to work with, so I do all DAW work on the desktop now.

• Auria Pro is an lovely app, but, it’s time for Rim to bring it in to the future of iPadOS...

Why can’t we use the Files app directly into Auria Pro?

And, the GUI is in need for update to a real iPad app, not a GUI from a desktop version of Auria...

Otherwise, it stills rocks! Have a lot of the ISP, and that is very stable for me...

• Thanks all for the replies...
    My haste in trying to get a response reflects my frustration and obsessive attempts to get the app working.
    @richardyot i was hoping you’d drop by. Your Auria knowledge throughout the threads has already been a great help with other issues. I wondered if Auria’s app scanning process might be an issue- I have an absurd # of effects and I thought perhaps that might cause the crashing? Both IAP fox and 3rd party stuff seems to do the crashes

Hey @MonzoPro! It was your casual mention of reinstalling AP (to run sEGments!) that inspired me to reinstall. I haven’t tried sEGments...

@ecou thanks for the replies. You don’t have crashes when adding fx, it sounds like. When you do your stuff are you working with midi tracks as well?

@Tones4Christ thanks for the notes
    @ErrkaPetti true that, in regards to feature updates

• I’m working with effects as well but right now I’ve set them up in AUM. Just a bit easiet to move up ir down effects as desired in AUM where in AP i have to turn off and re add.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks all for the replies...
    My haste in trying to get a response reflects my frustration and obsessive attempts to get the app working.
    @richardyot i was hoping you’d drop by. Your Auria knowledge throughout the threads has already been a great help with other issues. I wondered if Auria’s app scanning process might be an issue- I have an absurd # of effects and I thought perhaps that might cause the crashing? Both IAP fox and 3rd party stuff seems to do the crashes

Hey @MonzoPro! It was your casual mention of reinstalling AP (to run sEGments!) that inspired me to reinstall. I haven’t tried sEGments...

@ecou thanks for the replies. You don’t have crashes when adding fx, it sounds like. When you do your stuff are you working with midi tracks as well?

What is the problem that you are having?

• edited July 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

What is the problem that you are having?

Adding an effect (second spot usually) crashes the app. Audio track or midi, IAP or 3rd party. Reproducible 85%. I wondered if my having every f-ing iOS effect loaded on my device might be a factor

Or maybe it’s the device (pro 10.5) or the quality of my touch (something I had to learn using the piano roll)

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

Do you know whether the project was started at 44100 or 48000 sample rate? And if so, do you know what the hardware rate is? On way to check the sample rate is to open AUM after Auria and go to settings.

I’m just wondering if maybe it’s some sort of sample-rate mismatch. Just shooting in the dark here since I don’t see the same issue.

But yeh, sometimes there are boundaries that programmers don’t think people are going to exceed. For instance if Rim never imagined anyone would have more than 255 plugins and if you do.

• It might be the particular plugins you are trying to use. If they are IAA that might be the issue. If AUv3 in theory they all should work the same but I’ve come to realize not all are created equal. If it’s happening with every plugin then maybe the issue is AP.

• What’s weird is that there may be a bug in that second effects slot. If i have say Drum Session playing in the background as an IAA when ever i disable any effect i have in that slot, it turns off the audio of Drum Session. I haven’t tried this after DS’s update but will tomorrow and report back.

• @Littlewoodg said:

It’ll probably become my go-to sampler app but it still has the resizing bug in AUM, and others have mentioned it crashes in Cubasis.

Interesting what you said about having lots of fx, wonder if this is affecting my apps as well. Might offload a few.

• There was another thread recently where people were saying that having a lot of plugins installed on the device could cause instability and corrupted projects in Auria Pro. Deleting all the old unused plugins made things much better.

BTW I'm using a 10.5 without any issues, so it's not the hardware. All my projects are at 44.1khz

• Thanks much. Glad to hear the 10.5 is still a contender. It’s funny, I’d been chasing but always slightly behind Auria with my devices since it first came out.

Thanks @wim I was not keeping track of sample rate, and I think you’re right Rim and others probably have no idea how many f##king fx apps a completist fool might have installed...

@MonzoPro sEGment is pretty cool, have only tried it in AP. Made strides finally with the AP-style midi editing and aside from the crashes, I had a nice track going including sEGment.

@yowza yep it’s sad about the IAA stuff, there’s so many cool ones.

• Hi,
    I just purchased and installed Auria Pro.
    It crashes with AUV3 plugins. I think I’ve narrowed it down, it happens when you switch plugins. You select one, it’s ok, you trade it for another AUV3, crash. If you select one (loads), then select “none” and then select another one it doesn’t seem to crash... This is within 5 minutes of use, so far not too great. I do love how powerful it looks, the busing, grouping, routing... the channel strips.
    I’m on an iPad Pro 2020, iOS 14.2.
    Actually downloading 14.3 beta to see what it does. My Back Friday gas delirium has reached iOS versioning,

• Uh oh. I’m deleting everything...