Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The app formerly known as Atmosphere Cloud Reverb is now known as Stratosphere Cloud Reverb

Looks like legal issues...

Hopefully the Strato-makers at Fender don’t get word of this, @Blue_Mangoo.

If they do, the AB Forum will hold a contest to find a non legally obtrusive name for your magnificent effect! 😊

Comments

• “Deep space cloud”
    “Another dimension cloud”

Just don’t name it “iCloud”. That one is taken.

• CloudVerb

Actually, maybe sounds a bit too much like Kleverb 🤔

• Please, whatever you do, don't call it Thafknaacr 😂

• @Gavinski said:
    Please, whatever you do, don't call it Thafknaacr 😂

+1,000!

• Just as a matter of principle, I refuse to update my Atmosphere Cloud Reverb to the new name.

Perhaps 10 years from today my un-updated iPad will have appreciated massively due to the “Atmosphere connection!” 😉

• @Gavinski said:
    Please, whatever you do, don't call it Thafknaacr 😂

Awesome! Haha what a start into the day...

• edited July 2020

Atmosphere has a lot of cheese in it. Especially when paired with Win XP UI.

Stratosphere takes it to new (non cheesy) heights.

• Thafknaacr: 0 Google matches
    Stratosphere: > 14 Mio Google matches

What's better when you want to find the app by googling?

• The Sunrizer synth app had a similar name change. There was a competition to give it a new name and the winner got a free version and I won. My only claim to fame. LOL.

• Cloudy McCloudy reverbface

• @cyberheater said:
    The Sunrizer synth app had a similar name change. There was a competition to give it a new name and the winner got a free version and I won. My only claim to fame. LOL.

I didn't know that. What was the previous name?

• @polaron_de said:
    Thafknaacr: 0 Google matches

The one that ppl can actually spell correctly 😂

• @Skyblazer said:

@cyberheater said:
    The Sunrizer synth app had a similar name change. There was a competition to give it a new name and the winner got a free version and I won. My only claim to fame. LOL.

I didn't know that. What was the previous name?

I think Horizon.

• @polaron_de said:

Thank you so much for popping-in @polaron_de!

Going from “Rooms” to “Thafknar” was certainly a stroke of brilliant individualistic genius!

We give youR app name a lil’ grief from time to time, but us users do truly love it!

Thanks so much for you iOS app contribution.

• @SNystrom said:

@polaron_de said:

Thank you so much for popping-in @polaron_de!

Going from “Rooms” to “Thafknar” was certainly a stroke of brilliant individualistic genius!

We give youR app name a lil’ grief from time to time, but us users do truly love it!

Thanks so much for you iOS app contribution.

Thanks for mentioning Thafknar. This page is more food for search engines. ;-)

Concerning app naming in general: There is not only the task to find a name for the app store, but also to find a short name for the device home screen. Ideally they are identical. "Stratosphere Cloud Reverb" is too long as an icon label, of course. @SNystrom, how do you solve this? "SCR"? "SC Reverb"?

Regards,
    Markus

• @polaron_de was just a friendly little in-joke that I couldn't resist, because the post title had the words 'formerly known as' in it, no offense meant 😉

• Sorry, @SNystrom, with my question I wanted to address the developer.

• Yes, you bring up a good point from an app development standpoint, @polaron_de.

There are a number of apps that are released that use such common words that they are virtually impossible to find in the App Store without a direct link.

• If you’re having trouble spelling Thafknar, the mnemonic The app formerly known as rooms may help. Tafkar would have been easier to remember but does have extraneous Google search hits. If you say Thafknar 100 times in a row you’ll either remember it or end up in Kansas.

Stratosphere is relatively straight forward to remember as it’s still related to clouds.

• @polaron_de said:

+1

• @cyberheater said:

You Sir, are a freakin Legend if you’re the dude that named Sunrizer! My beer is lifted in your direction.

• @NoiseHorse said:

@cyberheater said:

You Sir, are a freakin Legend if you’re the dude that named Sunrizer! My beer is lifted in your direction.

+1

• @SNystrom said:
    Looks like legal issues...

Hopefully the Strato-makers at Fender don’t get word of this, @Blue_Mangoo.

If they do, the AB Forum will hold a contest to find a non legally obtrusive name for your magnificent effect! 😊

Yarr. I think we’re ok with Fender, since they only used the first four letters of the word.

• The Stratus bass had to change to Status back in the mid 80’s, but then it was a guitar...

• @Blue_Mangoo Sure this was a royal pain but have to agree with a few others above: ended up with a cooler name! Hopefully you can slip atmosphere into the app description or something for app store seo.

• @Blue_Mangoo still loving this plugin (and its new name) but I find the panning aspect of the modulation is something I don’t always want. In fact, I usually don’t want it.

Is there any chance it could get a switch to turn it off? If the layout is too hard to change (I know you said that was hard to get right) it could be implemented as a push pull switch on the knob itself (although slightly weird in a 2D UI I have seen amp sims do this).

• Double tap on the knob to cycle through modes wouldn’t be too weird.