Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What determine the buffer size in Audiobus?

When I use ToneStack with Audiobus, by default, the buffer is 256. I cannot change this buffer to lower the buffer and the latency. What dertermine that? Do I need a better iPad or a better soundcard to lower my default buffer in Audiobus?

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2020

With just AB open, try to change the buffer to what you want.
    It should use this setting when you open the other apps..

I think the first opened app sets the buffer for iOS, and the hosted apps will conform to this buffer setting, so I try to set it in the host first.

If you have 2 apps open and try to change the buffer from either app, you usually will get that error warning that you cannot change the buffer size while another app is also using it.