Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Feel stupid. Stereo device to mix bus?

Trying to get used to AUM. I have a stereo hardware device (Korg NTS-1) on a single channel. I used to send it straight to a pair of stereo outs, but the advice seems to be to send all tracks to a mix bus, then send the mix bus to the master outputs. When I do this, as probably expected, the stereo channels are lost. Is there a way to make a mix bus stereo? I can't see a way to send to 2 mix busses, and I don't really want to have two channel strips for my NTS-1. I'm probably missing something really simple! Thanks

Comments

• I can route the internal mic (mono) into mix bus A where it then goes to output. If I insert a stereo balance effect in the input channel, I can move the output from left speaker to right speaker. I reckon it’s working. Perhaps iOS13 broke something?

• @robman84 said:
    Trying to get used to AUM. I have a stereo hardware device (Korg NTS-1) on a single channel. I used to send it straight to a pair of stereo outs, but the advice seems to be to send all tracks to a mix bus, then send the mix bus to the master outputs. When I do this, as probably expected, the stereo channels are lost. Is there a way to make a mix bus stereo? I can't see a way to send to 2 mix busses, and I don't really want to have two channel strips for my NTS-1. I'm probably missing something really simple! Thanks

The mix bus is stereo. There’s something happening somewhere else. How are you feeding the Korg into your device?

• Thanks for explaining that the bus is stereo. After that, I went looking further and it was something else! I feed the mix bus into mi rack to use its oscilloscope and it was the mixer in mi rack that was panned centrally on each input channel. I hard-panned them left and right and all is good again!

• @robman84 said:
    Thanks for explaining that the bus is stereo. After that, I went looking further and it was something else! I feed the mix bus into mi rack to use its oscilloscope and it was the mixer in mi rack that was panned centrally on each input channel. I hard-panned them left and right and all is good again!

😎👍🏼