Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 Sample selection in slate

edited July 2020 in General App Discussion

Hi everyone,

I’m new to NS2 but I already love a lot about it.
A quick question: in slate is there a way To change an assign sample Without going thru the menu each time?
I have big samples library and I would like to be able to browse sounds in context.
Was expecting to have little arrows left and right of the sample name to go to next or previous.
Please let me know if this possible in any other way.

Thank you!

Cross postEd with official forum.

Comments

• You can open a browser next to your Slate kit and preview samples from there. Once you find what you want you can then just drag and drop the sample onto the pad. It's really quick to set up kits in Slate.

• Thank you for the tip Richardyot
    Unfortunately I doesn’t really help me as I would have like to be able to change the samples of a playing kit on the fly while the mix is playing, perfect to select the best sample in slot.

Thanks again for the input

• Yeah preview is really bad in NS2, all sample app developers should take a look at Maschine for in context preview.

• Check out the following video, it might be of help:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/andtzsi7h87bzjq/slate.mp4?dl=0

• edited July 2020

@richardyot said:
    Check out the following video, it might be of help:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/andtzsi7h87bzjq/slate.mp4?dl=0

You might want to go look at how fast Maschine is in this regard ;)
    Drag n drop is not in context preview.
    Dragging and dropping through fifty samples is going to be tiresome at best, doing the same with up n down arrow, or just tapping in the list, very different.

• edited July 2020

removed by mod

• edited July 2020

Simply selecting the pad and double tapping the sample name is fine for me.

• @AudioGus Nice - that works even better 👍

• @AudioGus Perfect, thanks for the video!

• edited July 2020

also by tapping on sample name in "sample" tab you jump into full page file browser where you can browse through directories, audiotion samples and then by double tap on sample it is loaded... this is ha dy if you use 2 or 3 aample slots per pad and ypu want tomchange just one of them...

• edited July 2020

removed by mod

• @dendy said:
    also by tapping on sample name in "sample" tab you jump into full page file browser where you can browse through directories, audiotion samples and then by double tap on sample it is loaded... this is ha dy if you use 2 or 3 aample slots per pad and ypu want tomchange just one of them...

Dont you have any tricks for in context previewing samples dendy ?

• edited July 2020

@Turntablist said:

@dendy said:

Dont you have any tricks for in context previewing samples dendy ?

no, unfortunatelly... this is something i'm missing too, hope one day ...

• @dendy said:

To be fair @AudioGus posted a pretty great way of previewing samples in context. The beat is playing, with the relevant pad highlighted you double-tap on a sample in the browser and it replaces the currently playing one.

Is that really so much worse than having arrows to cycle through the samples? I would say it's actually better, since you can quickly go back to any sample in the folder (say you want to compare samples that aren't next to each other the list for example).

• @AudioGus thanks this is a acceptable work around! :smile:

Note to developers a couple of arrows next to sample name could greatly increase work flow
    Thank you all

• Great, happy to help! :)

• edited July 2020

@richardyot said:

@dendy said:

To be fair @AudioGus posted a pretty great way of previewing samples in context. The beat is playing, with the relevant pad highlighted you double-tap on a sample in the browser and it replaces the currently playing one.

yes i'm using this method exactly .. it is OK, but sometimes after trying lot of samples from various directories it would be nice to return back to original sample - usually when this happens i'm in troubles, because i'm old sack with bad memory and i can't remember which sample was initially there :))))) So my method is usuall save project, then i play with different samples, and when i want return to original one i reload whole project ...

i hope one day i will convince matt to add non-desctructive auditioning just by selecting sample in browser :-)