Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does GUI matters : Toneboosters new icons 🤨

The user and all related content has been deleted.
TB new icon set
  1. And you, what do you think ?53 votes
    1. Yuck, give us back our icons
      58.49%
    2. Wow, Im in love
        3.77%
    3. I dont give a sh.
      37.74%

Comments

• Now apeMatrix is a shell game. Fun.

• I'm stuck somewhere between "what the fuck is this" and "meh, whatever", but I decided to vote "Give us back our beautiful icons". So long as an app doesn't look like a Spreadsheet Document from the 90s, it doesn't matter too much. I just prefer their other icons.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I give zero shits. Their stuff is super solid and inexpensive.

• It won’t stop me from using them but I prefer the old icons

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They're still the same in DAWs and my FX apps are hidden away, so I don't really care

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

I suspect someone just screwed up the icon files in the project bundle. If not, then maybe they're in competition with AudioDamage's recent entries in the 2020 most ineffective icon design award competition.

[edit ... "Appstore icon refresh" update. So it's intentional 🙄. Bizarre, but I can't say I really care.]

• The old icons sound more analog

• edited July 2020

For anyone wondering what this thread is about, here is a preview of the new app icons next to the previous style. It seems MorphIt hasn’t has the update treatment yet...

• Someone should tell their icon designer how AUv3 plugins are meant to be used 😉
    A
    Seriously, I don't think that was intentional. You couldn't even see which TB plugin is loaded.

• Oh yeah I see the update now... old ones are a lot nicer

• Didn’t notice :)

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

I'm holding out for the exclusive icon-drop limited edition. Don't care what it costs.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Oh yeah I see the update now... old ones are a lot nicer

Oooh this was another update; I definitely agree.

• Ah yes, without the name or other differentiation they are gonna be a pain to tell apart.

• @wim said:
    I suspect someone just screwed up the icon files in the project bundle. If not, then maybe they're in competition with AudioDamage's recent entries in the 2020 most ineffective icon design award competition.

[edit ... "Appstore icon refresh" update. So it's intentional 🙄. Bizarre, but I can't say I really care.]

Still doesn’t hold a candle to WerkBench tho 🧐🤣

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@wim said:

Still doesn’t hold a candle to WerkBench tho 🧐🤣

I wouldn't call that one "ineffective". It's very effective ... just not in a good way. :D

• Yeah the biggest issue I have is in AUM now. No name on the icon makes it more difficult to remember what order I have things in.

• 😂😂😂 my sarcasmeter is all screwy these days, so I have to ask: is this thread in jest?

I’ve never given a single fuck about what an app’s logo looks like. They’re all identifiable by name, anyway. If I have to search for an app, I use the Search function. Swipe down and type. Besides, Toneboosters apps are so good (and universal🥰), their logos could be poop emojis for all I care 💩

Srs question: Is there any actual advantage to an app having a “good” logo? Being a BM3 user, I always know where my go-to’s are on the list, so I rely on muscle memory (and quick scan of the name) to git ‘er dun. Maybe I’m just a weirdo 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have, however, always admired the FAC logos. But if they weren’t awesome, It wouldn’t bother me.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Yeah the biggest issue I have is in AUM now. No name on the icon makes it more difficult to remember what order I have things in.

^^^ Exactly this ^^^
    Here’s the problem..

Can we just have the names back on the icons.. please..

• I'm guessing that the text was removed to reduce i18n effort.

• @royor said:

@DukeWonder said:
    Yeah the biggest issue I have is in AUM now. No name on the icon makes it more difficult to remember what order I have things in.

^^^ Exactly this ^^^
    Here’s the problem..

Can we just have the names back on the icons.. please..

Yeah that would make it a pretty big deal for me. And I’ll likely be using AUM in the future to route audio in and out of the iPad. Hmmm... Does Audiobus display plugins the same way?

• A bigger issue for me is that TB still seem to lack manuals for many of their apps. On screen help is not deep enough. But yeah, these icons all looking the same in AUM is definitely an inconvenience, it's not just a matter of aesthtics, and is definitely not an irrelevance.

• GUI means graphical user icon in this case? I personally don’t care about the icons.

The Graphical User Interface on the other hand does matter. Some that have awful graphics like SunVox I have no problem with, but other apps like KRFT I could not bear to look at and will not even try to use it. Other apps can just be confusing if the GUI isn’t doesn’t have a layout that makes sense to me.

• edited July 2020

@Gavinski said:
    A bigger issue for me is that TB still seem to lack manuals for many of their apps.

Not sure if this covers the most recent ones...
    https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB_Plugins_Manual.pdf

• 😂
    I was already thinking of deleting them, but those disgusting icons helped me decide that I don’t need the Toneboosters apps anymore.

• I don’t care what the icons look like. I do care that without text, they can’t be differentiated in AUM. That seems like an oversight.

• edited July 2020

i don't use AUM so removing app name from icon when it is still shown bellow icon by iOS, is good move... in my opinion, it's actually AUM UI fault to not display loaded app name near icon - expecting devs of plugins to solve this AUM UI omission by adding app name into icon is turning this problem on it's head...

• @craftycurate said:

@Gavinski said:
    A bigger issue for me is that TB still seem to lack manuals for many of their apps.

Not sure if this covers the most recent ones...
    https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB_Plugins_Manual.pdf

It doesn't sadly, but thnx anyway