Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 13.5.1 Best for iPad Gen 6?

I've held off updating to iOS 13.x because 12.3.1 has been solid and a number of people expressed regrets in having upgraded to the early iOS 13 versions.

There are now a few iOS 13-only apps that have me considering upgrading. Is there a downside I should consider before upgrading to iOS 13.5.1 on my iPad Gen 6?

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    I've held off updating to iOS 13.x because 12.3.1 has been solid and a number of people expressed regrets in having upgraded to the early iOS 13 versions.

There are now a few iOS 13-only apps that have me considering upgrading. Is there a downside I should consider before upgrading to iOS 13.5.1 on my iPad Gen 6?

Other than some apps need to be started first
    before instantiating AUM, it's not a leap in terms
    of apps and performance though I did notice battery
    life improved on my iPad Pro 1st gen.

I'm on iOS 13.4 and I don't think there's that
    much difference between 13.4 and 13.5.1.

I hope this assists.

• iPadOS13.6 should be here in a couple of days...

• I don't use my 6th gen much, but all my major music apps are on it run well. 4 different quarantine apps in zenbeats than on my air 3 after several scans, but it hasn't exploded or anything. 🤣

• Since back in the days of whatever version of iOS I started on (3.x I think) I have always waited a week from release then updated. Never had serious issues that have been confirmed to be the result of a particular iOS version.

I think too much has been made of holding back on operating system version upgrades in recent years as it seems to be based more on fear than practical considerations.

• Not music related but ios13 has lots of bugs for me in the files app. Certain pdf’s can not be dragged from files to mail, apple pencil usability degraded. Can not annotate pdfs in files and scroll with one finger anymore. Lots of accidental marks. Lately i am also loosing marks in pdfs as well....

• Ios12 was perfect for my files app usage.

• 13.5.1 works very well on 7 Plus, battery drain has improved on this version. iOS 13 has improved a lot AUV3 memory management too. iOS 13 release has been an issue with NanoKEY Studio for many months, but it was almost the only issue for me.

• @Jimmy said:
    Ios12 was perfect for my files app usage.

I've always had trouble with the Files App because
    of BM3 and the way I've organised my samples.

The Files app has problems because of the length of the directory.
    It's been mentioned before.

What you could do is delete it and then reinstall it.

It shouldn't affect your files at all.

I do it whenever I experience problems with the Files app.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@Janosax said:
    iOS 13 release has been an issue with NanoKEY Studio for many months, but it was almost the only issue for me.

That has been fixed with the most recent NanoKEY Studio firmware for at least a couple of months now.

• @wim said:

@Janosax said:
    iOS 13 release has been an issue with NanoKEY Studio for many months, but it was almost the only issue for me.

That has been fixed with the most recent NanoKEY Studio firmware for at least a couple of months now.

Yes this was what I wanted to mean, almost no issues with iOS13 except this one which lasted several months, but is fixed since January. But it was a big one!!!

• @Gravitas said:

@Jimmy said:

Wow. Didn’t know i can do that. I will put everything in the cloud and try it. Thank you.

• @Jimmy said:

@Gravitas said:

@Jimmy said:

Wow. Didn’t know i can do that. I will put everything in the cloud and try it. Thank you.

The files will still be there on your ipad when you
    reinstall but backing up the files is always a good idea.

You're welcome.