Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 LE vs Cubasis 3 price ? Poll

2»

Comments

• @joniqwest said:
    Ok so it looks like it going to be Cubasis after all, I will search forum again I know many people are currently staying at Cubasis 2 and not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Is it because of bugs or a change in features ?
    Thanks

Since C3 is a complete rewrite as opposed to an 'update' I didn't see the need to have two nearly identical apps when C2 works great. If i were a new user ..C3 all the way. But the new features didn't make it a 'must have' purchase.

• edited July 2020

@rs2000 the lack of loop recording has kept me from going with Audio Evolution Mobile its a really full featured DAW but loop recording is a must for me I have Auria but wont upgrade to Pro as I believe it does not have loop recording either looking for other options I have NS2 but who knows when it will get audio tracks. BM3 use it purely as a sampler and scratch pad sequencer.
    Any other solid DAWS come to mind with loop recording and audio tracks?
    Thanks

• @Lars or anyone who can answer.
    Is there an upgrade path from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 ? I looked on iOS app description page but not listed in IAP list.
    Thanks !

• @joniqwest said:
    @rs2000 the lack of loop recording has kept me from going with Audio Evolution Mobile its a really full featured DAW but loop recording is a must for me I have Auria but wont upgrade to Pro as I believe it does have loop recording either looking for other options I have NS2 but who knows when it will get audio tracks. BM3 use it purely as a sampler and scratch pad sequencer.
    Any other solid DAWS come to mind with loop recording and audio tracks?
    Thanks

BM3 is perfect for that. If you don't like its workflow, I'd suggest to prepare templates with all tracks you need, ready for recording. Recorded loop cycles are initially written into one linear track but with a single tap, you can split it wherever you want and at the exact beat positions.

• @rs2000 said:

>

BM3 is perfect for that. If you don't like its workflow, I'd suggest to prepare templates with all tracks you need, ready for recording. Recorded loop cycles are initially written into one linear track but with a single tap, you can split it wherever you want and at the exact beat positions.

The same applies to ZenBeats as well...
    ...the audio editing capabilities are pretty limited for now but it's quite nice to adjust the pitch of the recorded audio chops and it uses the same time stretch engine as BM3, it's free so nothing to loose checking it out.

I actually like the combined time-line/clip-launcher flow in ZenBeats and it's got enough features to not get on my nerves :)
    For sampling BM3 is still undisputed champ on iOS,

• @Lars nevermind I see the only upgrade path is for transferring IAP's. Thanks for your earlier comments

• @syrupcore said:
    Trying out the Cubasis 3 LE app for the first time.

Getting Cubasis 3 for 40% off by buying the IAP via LE certainly has some appeal! Alas, if I recall from the launch, IAPs only transfer between full v2 and full v3 or LE v2 and LE v3. Can anyone confirm this? I tried to find the old thread(s) but failed.

You can transfer IAPs from LE2 to full V3. Going from memory on that one, but I'm 99.9% sure. I was careful looking into that when LE3 was released because I was toying with the idea of paying the extra to get out of the LE camp. I ended up not getting 3 at all, so I can't 100% confirm.

• @syrupcore per Lars

@LFS said:

@SNystrom said:
    Do a forum search for Cubasis 2 to 3 upgrade.

Pretty sure Lars posted the proper procedure to upgrade all Cubasis 2 elements to 3.

Here we go...

(I) How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3

Pre-Requisite
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and Cubasis LE 3 (3.0.2) are installed on your iPad

Steps

• Launch Cubasis LE 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

(II) How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Pre-Requisite
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and Cubasis 3.0.2 are installed on your iPad
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 3 is not installed on your iPad (or else the existing instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases are transferred to Cubasis LE 3)

Steps

• Launch Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and open the in-app shop
    • Select "Cubasis LE 3" page and tap "Transfer" button

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• I use a motu interface so if I am understanding this correctly , I would need a steinberg interface or one from their approved list to unlock LE (?) then be able to pay for LE full features or is it a matter of simply paying for LE and I can run it on any interface?
    Its a bit confusing

• edited July 2020

Steinberg Cubasis 3 is available from the App store for EUR 54.99. It is not a free upgrade for users of previous versions of Cubasis. However, in-app purchases transfer over from Cubasis 2. Cubasis 2 remains available and is now priced at EUR 26.99.

from this article: https://www.gearnews.com/steinberg-cubasis-3-cubase-for-ios-just-got-a-whole-lot-better/

(can any one confirm) I like this path, if Cubasis 2 works for me I stay or upgrade at a discount.

• @joniqwest Check the list at https://new.steinberg.net/cubasis/le/. You may already have a compatible device. It just needs to be connected to perform the unlock. I unlocked mine with iRig Keys.

• Thanks I did already I actually had the Tascam 208i but ended returning it for MOTU interface ( very happy with btw)

@uncledave said:
    @joniqwest Check the list at https://new.steinberg.net/cubasis/le/. You may already have a compatible device. It just needs to be connected to perform the unlock. I unlocked mine with iRig Keys.

• @BitterGums can you please check/confirm if you have an IAP upgrade path from Cubasis 2 to 3 in your account ?
    Thanks !

@BitterGums said:

@joniqwest said:
    Ok so it looks like it going to be Cubasis after all, I will search forum again I know many people are currently staying at Cubasis 2 and not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Is it because of bugs or a change in features ?
    Thanks

Since C3 is a complete rewrite as opposed to an 'update' I didn't see the need to have two nearly identical apps when C2 works great. If i were a new user ..C3 all the way. But the new features didn't make it a 'must have' purchase.

• @joniqwest said:
    @BitterGums can you please check/confirm if you have an IAP upgrade path from Cubasis 2 to 3 in your account ?
    Thanks !

@BitterGums said:

@joniqwest said:
    Thanks

where would I find that? From the shop in C2 where it says Cubasis 3 .. when pressed it says Now Available then it links to the app store.

• @BitterGums I would be in the list within Cubasis 2 to purchase plugins and add ons?
    Thanks

@BitterGums said:

@joniqwest said:
    @BitterGums can you please check/confirm if you have an IAP upgrade path from Cubasis 2 to 3 in your account ?
    Thanks !

@BitterGums said:

@joniqwest said:
    Thanks

where would I find that? From the shop in C2 where it says Cubasis 3 .. when pressed it says Now Available then it links to the app store.

• Thank you @wim and @joniqwest. I'm in a slightly different boat though: I have Cubasis 2 (Full) with a few IAPs and am considering the purchase of Cubasis 3 LE + the 'Full version' IAP. I can't find any info about how to transfer IAPs from "V2 Full" to "V3 LE". Am I just missing it?

• @syrupcore
    I don’t own any version of Cubasis yet but I don’t think you can do any type of upgrade or upgrade IAP transfer from a full version to an LE version.

@syrupcore said:
    Thank you @wim and @joniqwest. I'm in a slightly different boat though: I have Cubasis 2 (Full) with a few IAPs and am considering the purchase of Cubasis 3 LE + the 'Full version' IAP. I can't find any info about how to transfer IAPs from "V2 Full" to "V3 LE". Am I just missing it?

• Thanks very much. I found my answer. Not good news for me but it was the info I was looking for.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/775004/#Comment_775004

• @joniqwest said:
    I use a motu interface so if I am understanding this correctly , I would need a steinberg interface or one from their approved list to unlock LE (?) then be able to pay for LE full features or is it a matter of simply paying for LE and I can run it on any interface?
    Its a bit confusing

It is confusing. Just to clarify, you can’t upgrade from Cubasis LE to Cubasis 3 at the 32€ from demo mode. That is, you need to have a device from the list to run Cubasis LE, then you can update to Cubasis.

I missed the sale, I’m not buying until there’s a discount. Thing about sales is that you feel like you’re over-paying when sale is over.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2020

@tahiche said:

@joniqwest said:
    I use a motu interface so if I am understanding this correctly , I would need a steinberg interface or one from their approved list to unlock LE (?) then be able to pay for LE full features or is it a matter of simply paying for LE and I can run it on any interface?
    Its a bit confusing

It is confusing. Just to clarify, you can’t upgrade from Cubasis LE to Cubasis 3 at the 32€ from demo mode. That is, you need to have a device from the list to run Cubasis LE, then you can update to Cubasis.

I missed the sale, I’m not buying until there’s a discount. Thing about sales is that you feel like you’re over-paying when sale is over.

Hi @tahiche, Hi @joniqwest,

Thanks for your messages.

As written in the app description:
    Cubasis LE runs in a free demo mode, unless unlocked via a compatible hardware device.

The app comes bundled with many supported devices from various vendors, which are all listed on our website:
    https://new.steinberg.net/cubasis/le/

Once the app has been unlocked from demo mode, you're able to purchase additional IAPs, such as instruments, effects and the Full Feature Set IAP.

The Full Feature Set IAP updates Cubasis LE with the features of Cubasis.

Some more important aspects:

• The FFS IAP is not an update/upgrade to Cubasis, since this is technically not possible
    • By installing the FFS IAP, Cubasis LE gets updated with all features of Cubasis
    • However the app name and app icon remains unchanged Cubasis LE
    • The launch screen changes from Cubasis LE to Cubasis
    • You will no longer experience feature limitations of the regular unlocked Cubasis LE app version

Hope that answers all your questions.

Stay well,
    Lars

• Hi @Lars. Yes I know... I’m ashamed, I was trying to be a smart ass and pay 32€ instead of 54€. I was late to the sale.
    It was a post about “they’re not stupid, and you’re not that witty, don’t waste your time”.
    Does smarty pants not count as a compatible device?.
    Cheers!. Eager for the next sale (stingy gas here).

• @Lars
    You answered my question a few months ago, I purchased CB3 a few weeks ago and am really enjoying the experience so far. Thanks!

@tahiche
    Thanks for replying but question was clarified earlier in another thread I think. Not sure if moderators can close this one.
    Thanks for taking the time to post with the detailed pic 👍

• Stilll he same thing in 2022?
    Will probably pay more for the not LE version.

In Canada it's 20$ for LE 3 unlock vs 35$ for C3.

• edited July 2022

I have unlocked Cubasis 3 LE with my Yamaha AG. I have the option to unlock all features for 20$ instead of 35$.

If I unlock these feature, uninstall the app and reinstall it, I will have to unlock the app each time with my Yamaha AG?

If yes, it's a bummer. Let's say that I sell my Yamaha for something better and bought a new iPad. My "unlock" version of Cubasis LE will still be locked.

• For the record, I unlocked Cubasis LE 3 with my Yamaha AG03. I bought the full unlock for 21$ instead of 35$ for Cubasis 3 (Canada). After, I uninstalled Cubasis LE 3 and installed it again. This time, no need to plug your hardware to verify/unlock your version of Cubasis like when you only have Cubasis LE 3 without the IAP Full Unlock.

It’s a good news. Now I know that I can, one day, sell my Yamaha without worrying of not to be able to use Cubasis LE 3 with an upcoming iPad.