Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apematrix Gain Pan bundled utility -- manual? help?

I just found a little AU utility that came bundled with Apematrix. It's called "Gain Pan" and shows up in the list of available AU when selecting for the Fx slot in an AUM track. (I have Apematrix on my iPad, but I don't use it.)

I opened it in an AUM track, and it has both an LFO-controlled pan and a separate LFV-controlled gain. Looks really cool and exactly what I'm looking for. With some trial and error poking around I got it to work, but I can't quite figure all that's going on. It looks deep, with lots of ways to control the shape, speed, and depth of the LFO.

Where can I find a manual? I searched in the Apematrix main manual and website; no mention of it. Anybody familiar with it?

Steve
ThinAirX

Comments

• @jolico nice work!
    Love the arrows.
    🤙🏻

• @CracklePot said:
    @jolico nice work!
    Love the arrows.
    🤙🏻

+1

• @anickt said:

@CracklePot said:
    @jolico nice work!
    Love the arrows.
    🤙🏻

+1

+1 🤙🏽

• Thank you Jolico for the pointers. I did find that settings screen and made guesses.

What's widget range?

What do the symbols mean at the top of the sync box?

What are the symbols above the sync box? I pressed them and nothing happened.

This is a very cool little app, yes? I saw in other threads people talking about routing LFOs to panners. Here it is, all in one tidy app.

Thanks.

Steve

• edited July 2020

@ThinAirX said:
    Thank you Jolico for the pointers. I did find that settings screen and made guesses.

What's widget range?

This is where you adjust the LFO limits (how low and how high)

Not sure why they are grayed out. I think they are grayed out when there is no midi in for that module.

In the image above, they were enabled for the filter cutoff in Poison-202 running inside apeMatrix.

This is a very cool little app, yes? I saw in other threads people talking about routing LFOs to panners. Here it is, all in one tidy app.

Thanks.

Steve

• @ThinAirX said:
    Thank you Jolico for the pointers. I did find that settings screen and made guesses.

What's widget range?

Thanks.

Steve

I went into detail about how lfos work in the apesoft and Amazing Noises apps in my 2nd tutorial on moebius labs:

There might have been something in my pt 1 vid too, can't remember, but there is definitely a good bit about it in pt 2.

• You should also be able to read about that in any of the apesoft or amazing Noises apps manuals, because they all have it. Just download a pdf manual, for moebius, for example, and you should be able to find it by doing some searches for the term 'lfo'

• I’ve never really ‘got’ ApeMatrix, but I do love that the ‘mod All The Things’ controls are consistent across all the great FX apps, IVCS3 etcetera, Apesoft do, so once you understand how they work in one app, you’ve got it for all of them, and very powerful they are too.

• Yes definitely, and it really only takes about 5 or ten mins of reading the manual to get that part. And sooo worth it.

• Wow, how far a few simple labels would go... Not a great sign for exploring their software.

• I know what you mean, but if you avoid apesoft apps for that reason, you're missing out on some of the true gems iOS has to offer. Whatever way you cut it, their apps are deep, so generally demand a bit of manual reading if you want to make full use of them. Actually, the icons make a lot of sense once you know what they mean, it's much less hard to get than it looks.

• Thank you everybody for these comments and explanations. I realize now why I had trouble. I encountered the Gain Pan applet as an isolated AU and expected find a manual for it. I even searched the Apematrix pdf manual for "gain pan." As you point out, the applets only really make sense after you learn the symbology and methods of the mother app, ApeMatrix. All this makes me want to dig into Apematrix more, if it's that good.

Steve